Reason 9 For Sale

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samardac

27 Jun 2016

jonheal

27 Jun 2016

Wow. That didn't take long.

Saw it, bought it. Hate it. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

boobytrap

27 Jun 2016

6th Day
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Goriila Texas

27 Jun 2016

Looks like he's getting out the music game because he's selling everything.

Last Alternative

27 Jun 2016

That's a crying shame. Godspeed.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

gak

27 Jun 2016

Well, to be fair, it's nothing compared to the flood-gate of element 2/metafilter sales there will be this week forward :lol:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

27 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote:6th Day
Sure, this could have been a Reason 8 license bought during the period that gave him a free Reason 9 upgrade... But anyway, he would still got tired of it very quickly... Or needs money...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

boobytrap

27 Jun 2016

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:
boobytrap wrote:6th Day
Sure, this could have been a Reason 8 license bought during the period that gave him a free Reason 9 upgrade... But anyway, he would still got tired of it very quickly... Or needs money...
why he upgrade or buy if he wanna sell everything. I think after he saw R9, he quits music !

samardac

27 Jun 2016

Hay guys, looks like some serious discussion is here :)
The thing is that I do not have inspiration to make music anymore, 10 years ago it was cool for me, now it looks like rutine, absolute total freedom you are free to make (repeat/emitate) whatever you can imagine no limitation at all, it's killing me, because this freedom kills creativity.
You watch video tutorials on youtube, you buy synths that you want, download loops, price is very low and then start to repeat any stuff you can imagine. And what you do? In 90% you repeat and emitate... All styles become very primitive like copy/past.
I love reason when it was 2.5 it was so inspired, 2 synths that you know as your five fingers, slow PC, no tutorials and you could be creative trying to create some cool stuff in this limitations. But what is now? Tons of stuff and no creativity at all, why you need it when everything is ready for you, even chords :)
No limits no creativity... you spend your time trying diffrent plugins and pressets without digging deep into it instead of creating something new and original...
So now I open any DAW and have no Idea what to do, no excitement like it was 10 year sago, when creating any new sound and studio quality was a real chalenge. Now it costs nothing :) When you can do anything you do nothing... So I am empty.

That is why I am selling all my stuff :)

Loque

27 Jun 2016

samardac wrote:Hay guys, looks like some serious discussion is here :)
The thing is that I do not have inspiration to make music anymore, 10 years ago it was cool for me, now it looks like rutine, absolute total freedom you are free to make (repeat/emitate) whatever you can imagine no limitation at all, it's killing me, because this freedom kills creativity.
You watch video tutorials on youtube, you buy synths that you want, download loops, price is very low and then start to repeat any stuff you can imagine. And what you do? In 90% you repeat and emitate... All styles become very primitive like copy/past.
I love reason when it was 2.5 it was so inspired, 2 synths that you know as your five fingers, slow PC, no tutorials and you could be creative trying to create some cool stuff in this limitations. But what is now? Tons of stuff and no creativity at all, why you need it when everything is ready for you, even chords :)
No limits no creativity... you spend your time trying diffrent plugins and pressets without digging deep into it instead of creating something new and original...
So now I open any DAW and have no Idea what to do, no excitement like it was 10 year sago, when creating any new sound and studio quality was a real chalenge. Now it costs nothing :) When you can do anything you do nothing... So I am empty.

You dont need any excuses, its yiur decision...

I am trying to make something new for myself and if other likes it, its nice... But i am also making music to relax, beeing creative, express myself, to have a contrast to the logic thinking of my job, fun... Hope you find something else that satisifies you. Gl.
Reason12, Win10

boobytrap

27 Jun 2016

don't give up man ! take a brake. and that not a real option unless you have a serious financial problem. I always have the same problem but its worse ! one month ago I make a psytrance track. but now I don't remember how did I make that. after that my 3 projects collapse in middle. but I never give up. I always want to make a one hit track. selling stuff is not that easy too. I bought SO2 and waited 3, but v3 sucks to me. however SO3 is very popular now but I cant sell that even 99$. nobody buy that thing. important thing is you can proved about your self that you have a licensed Studio. over 50% suckers use pirated DAWs. i'm saying sell if you need money or wait for right time.

try to make a new genre

kitekrazy

27 Jun 2016

samardac wrote:Hay guys, looks like some serious discussion is here :)

This is a really great post and some food for thought. I have seen similar situations except they just wanted to spend more time playing instruments than using a DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2016

Obviously it's your decision to sell and if you've thought it through then I guess it's the right one for you.

But reading the reasons why you sell all this stuff was pretty weird. You're selling because there's too much freedom and no limitations anymore? I mean I get what you're saying about too much too chose from can kill creativity and be overwhelming. But who says you actually have to use every tool just because they're available? I set up self made limitations all the time for just that reason.
For example whenever I buy a new synth I usually make a song with only that synth. You can do other things like: limit yourself to a certain couple of notes or a scale, pick a maximum number of instruments/tracks to use in a song, set a time limit when creating a song, intentionally break mixing or arrangement "rules" to see what happens, write on an instrument you can't play. I could come up with at least 20 other examples to limit yourself.

Again it's you're decision and I'm sure there's someone who will gladly buy all your stuff, but I found your reasons to sell kind of weird. Of course it's non of my business. I'm sure you know what's best for you.

samardac

27 Jun 2016

Thanks guys for your support, it helps me to understood what is going on.
I have some more things that I want to shard with you.
Remeber in 90s how it was, how hard was to program hardware sequencers, or program TB 303, or sample some stuff into sampler and than tweak it, how much hardware costs and how much skils you haveto have to handle all that stuff. And at that time we have really awaysome masterpices of electronic music, real icons. People created real stuff, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Juno Reactor, Astral Projection and many, many others...
But what we have now? How much skills you have to have to produce electronic music now? I think even 13 years old kid can make electronic music now, just a couple of tutors etc... How mych money you have to spend on you equipment? Sometimes nothing...
How much true electronic gurus we have now? I do not know any new names that produce real stuff not that copy/past primitive music.
When electronic music just appears there was no genres in current sence and so much cool ideas was generated, so original. Now there is music genres and if you want to be smart ass you have to follow them, but they are so primitive and looks like one big song with little variations, some times you can not distinguish one track from another...
So much stuff that is make me finish my music career. This avatar I made 11 years ago and even at that time thing was much more better :)

tibah

27 Jun 2016

I can follow these thoughts and feelings and here would be my contribution to that:

Delete. Experiment. Take a shitty laptop and Reason 4. It can happen. Limit yourself if no one else does. Don't listen to THAT kind of music.

Here is some Recovery for you. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper. ;)

Loque

27 Jun 2016

samardac wrote:Thanks guys for your support, it helps me to understood what is going on.
Remeber in 90s how it was, how hard was to program hardware sequencers, or program TB 303, or sample some stuff into sampler and than tweak it, how much hardware costs and how much skils you haveto have to handle all that stuff. And at that time we have really awaysome masterpices of electronic music, real icons. People created real stuff, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Juno Reactor, Astral Projection and many, many others...
But what we have now? How much skills you have to have to produce electronic music now? I think even 13 years old kid can make electronic music now, just a couple of tutors etc... How mych money you have to spend on you equipment? Sometimes nothing...
How much true electronic gurus we have now? I do not know any new names that produce real stuff not that copy/past primitive music.
When electronic music just appears there was no genres in current sence and so much cool ideas was generated, so original. Now there is music genres and if you want to be smart ass you have to follow them, but they are so primitive and looks like one big song with little variations, some times you can not distinguish one track from another...
So much stuff that is make me finish my music career. This avatar I made 11 years ago and even at that time thing was much more better :)
I could not agree more. I have the same feeling for just listening to music from time to time. A few years ago i was so bored by all that sh!t came out, nothing new and in the 90 everything seemed to be new. Nothing awsome ever heard again like Hallucinogen and all that others from that time. Since years the same boring music in the clubs, but the kids seem to like it - maybe they just dont know better... The years back i was bored i got a new CD from Shpongle called "tales from the inexpressible" - damn! Great! All that incompatible music stuff mixed together and created something new. Well, ok i found out it was Hallucinogen. But...the lesson you could learn, is to create the new stuff by yourself. There were several years of experiments between Hallucinogen and Shpongle and than BOOM! Be creative and thankfull, you dont need to waste too much time and money for 20kg sampler.

And dont forget musicians like Prodigy...some weird guy bored by the club music, wanted something new...

Dont measure yourself by the pop music (all created by a few guys and the kids think of a great musician :D ) or riding-the-wave-musicians that just copy existing stuff and want some money. Finally music is art, and art is interesting if it touches someone and is something new...

Someone here mentioned limiting...thats an interesting point... Prince's most selling album doesnt have a baseline eg.
Reason12, Win10

philosurfer

27 Jun 2016

Eat m0ar acid. ;-)

8cros

27 Jun 2016

Acid - stigma. It's a shame for your creativity. imho
All eating acid, and think that it comes to genius. But this is only acid. Do not eat acid.
It does not make you smarter.
And do not buy the antidote. :mrgreen:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Jun 2016

I eat garlic. It doesn't make me smarter. It's only garlic.
Not everybody likes the smell of it, but that's all right, I can live with it.

nooomy

27 Jun 2016

U need to do more drugs. All the greatest artists have been addicted to drugs or alcohol ;)

Loque

27 Jun 2016

nooomy wrote:U need to do more drugs. All the greatest artists have been addicted to drugs or alcohol ;)
And the greatest died because of drugs...
Reason12, Win10

boobytrap

27 Jun 2016

nooomy wrote:U need to do more drugs. All the greatest artists have been addicted to drugs or alcohol ;)
Specially marijuana. Most of singers use it at all the time.
Last edited by boobytrap on 28 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jun 2016

samardac wrote:Thanks guys for your support, it helps me to understood what is going on.
hey, if it's any consolation to you, this is history repeating itself. Back in the 90s I could easily say "remember in the 70s when we had true rock music gurus"? Remember how hard it was to practice and practice until you could actually play those crazy parts, how much studio gear cost and how much skills you had to have to handle all that stuff? At that time we had really awesome masterpieces of music, real icons. People created real stuff, Bowie, Pink Floyd, Yes (RIP Chris Squire btw), Queen, and many more. But what have we now? How much skill do you have to have to produce music now - even 13 year old kids can make music now, just a couple of drum machines and a sequencer, and the gear is SO CHEAP!

This is not to disparage your comments in any way, just to say that for each generation there is an older generation that is nostalgic over the "good old days". You could even go back to the 70s and have folks talking about the golden age of rock and roll in the 50s, saying things like "we didn't have multitrack to overdub, we got it right the first time as a group, etc." And before that folks could say "back in the 30s you had to PLAY it LIVE for an audience, not splice it together in the studio, etc."

I felt the same way when my icons were no longer producing music - but I HAVE to remember that at that time YOUR icons were producing music. And so I suggest that you may want to consider that RIGHT NOW, someone's icons are ALSO producing great music - it's just not "great" to YOU. It's all relative - if you want to read about why the music of our youth will always hold a special place in our hearts (our brains, really), there are books such as "This is Your Brain on Music" that go a long way to explaining this phenomenon. Once you see it from that angle, you may even begin to appreciate the music of today - I KNOW it helped me not be "that old guy" who laments about "kids today".
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

swamptooth

27 Jun 2016

But what we have now?
I hear that too! I have a korg esx-1 and a novation mininova now just so I don't have to be locked down to a computer ALL THE TIME. On the other hand, I wish when I am at the computer I could use them with reason better instead of Sonar and Cubase (both of which I love too).

8cros

27 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:I eat garlic. It doesn't make me smarter. It's only garlic.
Not everybody likes the smell of it, but that's all right, I can live with it.
acid, marijuana helps, yes.
I overreacted. This need for anesthesia during long work session. To forget about where you are. It is still sometimes necessary.

But you have to pay tribute. And when you let go of a goldfish, you'll get a broken trough.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by 8cros on 27 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

• Information