Man I hate...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

05 Jun 2016

The little arrow that points too selected rack units is starting to get annoying,moving everything around on accident.

Goriila Texas

05 Jun 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:The little arrow that points too selected rack units is starting to get annoying,moving everything around on accident.
Oh I see you got to disable auto group. I got to learn a few things R8.

raccoonboy

07 Jun 2016

Yeah the arrow has nothing to do with the grouping it's for selecting which device has Master MIDI input. Didn't know you could disable it thought that might come in handy. If you hold shift though as you are moving/copying it will cancel the grouping.

raccoonboy

07 Jun 2016

Speaking of which I'm so glad they added this feature (the arrow). I start Reason at 8.1 (and it was implemented in 8.3) and I can't believe it's taken so long to impliment changing Master MIDI from Rack. I do it this way 99.9% of the time, I hated having to use the Sequencer before this was added I feel for those on earlier versions but I'm sure they are used to it now.

Goriila Texas

07 Jun 2016

raccoonboy wrote:Yeah the arrow has nothing to do with the grouping it's for selecting which device has Master MIDI input. Didn't know you could disable it thought that might come in handy. If you hold shift though as you are moving/copying it will cancel the grouping.
Yeah not so much the arrow but the auto grouping.

selig
RE Developer

07 Jun 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:Yeah the arrow has nothing to do with the grouping it's for selecting which device has Master MIDI input. Didn't know you could disable it thought that might come in handy. If you hold shift though as you are moving/copying it will cancel the grouping.
Yeah not so much the arrow but the auto grouping.
I agree on auto-grouping - IF there was some sort of visual indication of the grouping it may be easier to follow. But otherwise I've turned that feature off a long time ago as I don't find it useful at all.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

MannequinRaces

07 Jun 2016

Man I hate forum threads with ambiguous thread titles! :) But yes, disable auto-group. It's nice the option is there, but yeah.

Goriila Texas

07 Jun 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:Man I hate forum threads with ambiguous thread titles! :) But yes, disable auto-group. It's nice the option is there, but yeah.
:puf_bigsmile:

• Information