Synclavier V sounds wonderful. Sales would go through the roof if this was a RE

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

21 May 2016

This sounds beautiful. Words can't describe it. If Arturia brings their collections to Reason everyone would go nuts. Image
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 May 2016

This is of great interest but I don't think Arturia will be looking at RE for a very long time. They can't fit their GUIs into the SDK if for no other reason.

We have some great FM and Additive options in Reason already tho, and more to come...

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

pjeudy

22 May 2016

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eXode

22 May 2016

I haven't looked at the Synclavier V in greater detail but my spontaneous thought is that Zero could probably mimic some of those sounds considering that it uses both FM and an additive synthesis engine.

shroppielad

22 May 2016

This looks like a really good upgrade from my current V3 - great value for money for what you're getting.

platzangst

22 May 2016

You know, the most direct way to even attempt to have this as an RE would be to contact the developers themselves. And maybe they'd just say "no", but still, they're the ones who'd have to make it. Mooning about it on a non-Arturia message board is likely to be zero influence.

marcuswitt

23 May 2016

eXode wrote:I haven't looked at the Synclavier V in greater detail but my spontaneous thought is that Zero could probably mimic some of those sounds considering that it uses both FM and an additive synthesis engine.
I agree with you to a certain point, eXode. I've owned and played a used Synclavier for about four years. Putting the Synclaviers Re-Synthesis capabilities aside, ZERO's FM and Additive Synthesis engine is far beyond the likes of the Synclavier. And therefore, it's surely possible to mimic many sounds that can be created with the Synclavier as long as you're running it with 'standard' sampling rates. Once you run the real Synclavier with 100kHz it adds such a 'shimmering' character to the sounds it produces, which I've never heard from any other hard- or software instrument. Nevertheless, ZERO comes very close.

• Information