R9 Midi bounce question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Leighbeater

20 May 2016

Hey can someone tell me if its possible to bounce down midi to audio from the EMI?

eg using kontakt through the EMI then bouncing it down into audio?

buddard
RE Developer

20 May 2016

Leighbeater wrote:Hey can someone tell me if its possible to bounce down midi to audio from the EMI?

eg using kontakt through the EMI then bouncing it down into audio?
This has been possible since R7 when the EMI was introduced. But since the audio is generated by a device outside Reason (i e Kontakt in your case) and inside your computer, you have to figure out a way to route the audio from Kontakt back into Reason using some kind of audio loopback device.

On Mac, one way of doing this is using a free app called Soundflower. Some audio cards (for example the Focusrite Saffire series) also have built-in loopback channels that you can use.

Note that we're talking about a "real-time bounce" here, i e you play back the song as usual and record the input "live".

Leighbeater

20 May 2016

Thanks Buddard

Yes that's the way I am currebtly achieving it, however it would be nice if it all could be completed with a click of a button, but I had a feeling it wasn't achievable

• Information