Reason 9 announced on SonicState

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FiatLux

19 May 2016

anko

19 May 2016

well that makes just about everyone except propheads who've announced it... lulz.

Faastwalker

19 May 2016

anko wrote:well that makes just about everyone except propheads who've announced it... lulz.
The irony is most people don't give a shit about Reason outside of the Reason community i.e. here & the Propellehead website!

e.g. First comment on the SonicState Reason 9 announcement page - "Reasonable Said ... Does anyone use this anymore? You can tell they are running out of ideas when the sales pitch includes. "1000 cutting edge sounds".

CookieClimber

19 May 2016

"Reason 9 is the most exciting version yet, with major new features"

so it's definitely not the release notes we saw last week then xD

I don't want to sound spoilt. Pitch editing settings is DOPE. The chord thing too, for noobs.. We already have arpeggio and alligator so im fine with that, but this dual arpeggio thing could be nice to "breathe life" into sounds.

Anyway. I'm just sad for propellerheads sake. This is not a dealbreaker in today's standars. Newcomers who want to get into a new DAW are comparing Thor with Massive. Thor is well designed and clever, but... it just does not sound anywhere near the competition today.

So sure. If you want to cloak your synth sounds with arpeggiators and filters. Go for Reason. But what if you just want a brilliant, big ass, synth with sounds which can tickle the inner parts of your brain? In Reason. I just can't. I'm sorry. Im a little bit disappointed.

• Information