REASON 9 MusicRadar Announcement

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

18 May 2016

I hope they have an undo events list, ganged / linked faders and mute / unmute of notes in the midi editor. Those 3 might seem nothing important but they are to me. And a notepad haha!
Last edited by Creativemind on 18 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jeanrick

18 May 2016

Sweet, just waiting on the Props to make it official now! :puf_bigsmile:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:Randy Walker on Facebook group noticed colour tabs under certain faders....perhaps more colours but it may be linked faders....which i have really wanted for a while
Looks like the Output bus feature to me (if we're looking at the same thing)

Goriila Texas

18 May 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
whitemidiplayer.png
check out the device above the maelstrom :)
Red lines under faders with red fader might indicate multiple faders can be moved at the same time.

The_G

18 May 2016

So it's confirmed--yes, it looked too specific to be fake. But there was always a chance that something wasn't exactly right. Now we know--it was exactly correct.

I'm excited for audio to midi and for all these neat midi effects. I do wish there had also been an updated Subtraktor to bring it into line with industry standards for digital subtractive synthesis in 2016, or maybe a new synth. But hey--this is actually quite a bit of stuff that's useful to me, so I'm not complaining.

Now...how about that May Madness sale?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Exowildebeest

18 May 2016

joeyluck

18 May 2016

I was for sure this was in regards to an official announcement! Haha. It's all official when it come from Propellerhead. I suppose what you meant was that perhaps the rumors may be true. But since there will likely be a thread of a similar title, I made a slight edit to the title. Sorry and thanks for your understanding.

noelcampbelljnr

18 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:I was for sure this was in regards to an official announcent! Haha. It's all official when it come from Propellerhead. I suppose what you meant was that perhaps the rumors may be true. But since there will likely be a thread of a similar title, I made a slight edit to the title. Sorry and thanks for your understanding.
good call :) Props are in bed and so are music radar...in about 7 hours or so we will get the official release surely....its coming tomorrow

selig
RE Developer

18 May 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:Randy Walker on Facebook group noticed colour tabs under certain faders....perhaps more colours but it may be linked faders....which i have really wanted for a while
Those are the Bus Group indicator colors, partially hidden because the mixer is vertically scrolled! Notice the red fader to the right of all the red bits you're referring to? That's the bus master. You can create this easily in R8 if you don't believe me.
Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

18 May 2016

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
whitemidiplayer.png
check out the device above the maelstrom :)
That device must be either the Note Echo, Scales & Chords or the Dual Arpeggio. Looks very cool indeed.

:D

noelcampbelljnr

18 May 2016

selig wrote:
Those are the Bus Group indicator colors, partially hidden because the mixer is vertically scrolled! Notice the red fader to the right of all the red bits you're referring to? That's the bus master. You can create this easily in R8 if you don't believe me.
I dont think there are any words that have ever come from your mouth that i haven't believed :)

Creativemind

18 May 2016

Ganged / Linked Faders is essential. I'll probably get jumped on now for saying it's essential, but it is, as is an undo events list and muting / unmuting of notes in the midi editor. The amount of times I've needed all 3 of these probably goes into triple figures. Also, a preferences checkbox to make all parameters work in dB and hz including automation but we don't know what the 'workflow enhancements across the rack' means yet, although that doesn't mean ssl or sequencer. Hope that's a typo, and was meant to say, "across the board" :-)

Faastwalker

18 May 2016

Still nothing official ......... or am I missing something? Sounds more likely now but still no news from Propellerhead.

kuhliloach

18 May 2016

I'm feeling so emotional.

Creativemind

18 May 2016

But let's not speculate till we've seen the official Propellerhead feature list and / or video, fingers crossed tomorrow. Plus maybe some point updates in the coming months. Got a very strong feeling though I WILL be upgrading in the first few days of official release.

Just to let everyone know, as it the case with pretty much everything these days, amazon is the cheapest place to buy the upgrade. Well, usually anyway.

Creativemind

18 May 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Still nothing official ......... or am I missing something? Sounds more likely now but still no news from Propellerhead.
Yes, does seem rather odd all this...Synthtopia, now Music Radar and still no official Props announcement. Hmmmmm...?

Anywho, it's nearly 3am here UK time.Gonna hit the sack and hope something has been put up on the Propellerhead site when I wake tomorrow.
Last edited by Creativemind on 18 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Faastwalker

18 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:But let's not speculate till we've seen the official Propellerhead feature list and / or video, fingers crossed tomorrow.
My thoughts exactly. It does seem extremely likely now, if not a certainty. But it's strange how this has panned out - a leak a week early, then a post by a well known Music Tech presence all before anything official from Propellerhead! As this ever happened before in Reason's history? I don't recall. But I'm pretty sure all previous reveals have come directly from the horses mouth.

Creativemind

18 May 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
Creativemind wrote:But let's not speculate till we've seen the official Propellerhead feature list and / or video, fingers crossed tomorrow.
My thoughts exactly. It does seem extremely likely now, if not a certainty. But it's strange how this has panned out - a leak a week early, then a post by a well known Music Tech presence all before anything official from Propellerhead! As this ever happened before in Reason's history? I don't recall. But I'm pretty sure all previous reveals have come directly from the horses mouth.
I don't know for certain...but me thinks you are right Faastwalker. The Props usually are the ones to announce things first aren't they. It is their product afterall.

Nathanbar

18 May 2016

I'm waiting for the next "still no vst" thread to get started tomorrow...[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creativemind

18 May 2016

There's never gonna be vst in Reason. They could do with getting the full isotope o-zone suite in the shop though and Sylenth, Massive and Nexus in the shop and for me the Korg M1.

I just noticed that article said release 21st June and the Props usually announce it with a video a month before don't they so I'm guessing tomorrow or the 21st May they may officialy announce it with a vid. Can't wait to see the vid.

pjeudy

18 May 2016

[quote="Faastwalker"][quote="Creativemind"]But let's not speculate till we've seen the official Propellerhead feature list and / or video, fingers crossed tomorrow.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. It does seem extremely likely now, if not a certainty. But it's strange how this has panned out - a leak a week early, then a post by a well known Music Tech presence all before anything official from Propellerhead! As this ever happened before in Reason's history? I don't recall. But I'm pretty sure all previous reveals have come directly from the horses mouth.[/quote]

Why not? Speculate all you want, what are we scared of ? We are all adults and we understand that this is news.... and anyone who doesn't understand that Music radar and Synthopia are not owned by Propellerhead and thus can't qualify as official announcement , shouldn't be up past 9 pm :-)

Also Noel had a big smile on one of his post , I think in the Rack or hardware forum. ...when he mentioned pitch edit . I think his quote was "not yet" then the big smile.
How hard do we need to be hit over the head!

Propellerhead have also link to Resonnistas on twitter that tells me that Noel also has the heads up on REASON 9 props knows of the work he has done for the Reason community and I'm sure they wouldn't mind him helping spread that R9 is here once it's officially released....so yea he knows.... but his leaks have been very very subtle..

P.S: I'm speculating. Time will tell how far off those speculations where.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

decibel

18 May 2016

5 weeks eh, wonder when the betas will be handed out ? its usually only 3-4 weeks testing if memory serves correct ? would have to be soon then

stevan

18 May 2016

:lol: Ok, now PHS must do it ...

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:There's never gonna be vst in Reason. They could do with getting the full isotope o-zone suite in the shop though and Sylenth, Massive and Nexus in the shop and for me the Korg M1.
Sure there's never gonna be VST in Reason, but don't kid yourself, there's never gonna be Ozone, Sylenth, Massive, or Nexus REs either. :/ Seriously, I'd say there's about the same chance of Propellerhead adopting VST as there is of Native Instruments making an RE.

But that's neither here nor there. Even without any pet features, this is looking like a solid update from 7, and we can always hold out hope that x.2 revisions will be the ones that bring device updates now, given the RV7000 mkII.

jjpscott01

19 May 2016

Im so pumped about this. The features it lists actually tackle a few things Ive been wanting badly for a few years. I think they are going to win back a few folks with this one :thumbs_up:
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Faastwalker

19 May 2016

....... Anyone else checking the Propellerhead site several times an hour?!

It's currently coming up to 4PM on Thursday 19th here in AUS. It's coming up to 8AM in Sweden. I'm so excited!! :o

• Information