Feeding gate/note information into a filter

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dvdrtldg

12 May 2016

What does this do exactly?

Or rather, how does it work? I've been playing with Digital Filter (the RE from The Musicology Group) and it has a gate/note input. I can kind of hear the effect it's having but since there's no manual, I can't really figure out what's happening, or how I might use it in a focused way rather than just twiddling

Interested to hear other creative suggestions for sending note CV where it doesn't usually go

Marc64

13 May 2016

Im no expert but feeding note key to a filter might be to control different filter frequencies over keyboard?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Marc64

13 May 2016

so using note and slide you could slide filter as you wish and studder the filter as you like :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

madmacman

13 May 2016

On hardware, you can crank up resonance until self oscillation (resulting in a sine wave) and then "play" the filter tonal via freq. CV in. Maybe the digital counterparts mimic this behavior in a similar way.

Chizmata

13 May 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:What does this do exactly?

Or rather, how does it work? I've been playing with Digital Filter (the RE from The Musicology Group) and it has a gate/note input. I can kind of hear the effect it's having but since there's no manual, I can't really figure out what's happening, or how I might use it in a focused way rather than just twiddling

Interested to hear other creative suggestions for sending note CV where it doesn't usually go
on thor you can use "last midi note" in the Matrix to trigger a filter, or even the step sequencer in step mode assigned to different filter values

• Information