REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
platzangst

19 May 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Like many other users in this thread have stated, the most infuriating thing for me is PH's lack of communication. All the major DAWs are way ahead of PH in many areas, and it would be nice to know that some of those things are being addressed and worked on but all we get are "we can't talk about the future" posts. That attitude towards customers doesn't inspire me to throw anymore money in their direction.
The thing that gets me, though, is I don't understand how people link those two things together - PH's communication (or lack thereof), and spending one's money.

Are you telling me that if PH was giving out daily announcements about every little possible plan they might have, that would be a greater influence on you spending money than what the actual released program does?

I mean, if you just have to have "feature X", and Reason does not have feature X, are you saying you'd buy Reason 9 anyway if someone at PH said, "well, maybe we'll stick that in around Reason 10"?

It doesn't make sense to me, this insistence on making PH's behavior some kind of barometer for business transactions, as if not only do you want a program with all the proper features, but you want PH to be real nice to you. Personally, as long as Reason works right and I like how it runs, I could not care less whether PH says word one between versions. They could be utter jerks who kick puppies around their offices and I'd still buy Reason as long as it worked properly. Function is what attracts my consumer dollars, not some ephemeral "communication".

I've said this before: as much flak as PH gets for the things they do talk about and deliver, how much griping and moaning does everyone think there'd be if PH said, "we're going to try to put feature X in R10" and then for some unexpected reason they had to back out of that promise? I'd be willing to bet that plays a large role in PH not saying much. I wouldn't either, if I thought my inbox would get choked up with the same level of complaining.

AlienJunk

19 May 2016

hejazzman wrote:
AlienJunk wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:To think that someone over at Props just 'slipped' and 'oops' emailed out the press release a week early seems absolutely ludicrous to me. But I'd love to be proven wrong in this case...
Well they are incredibly disorganised, and going by their poor customer service record, lack attention to detail. So a screw up like a leaked press release is quite in keeping with the whole expectation. Isnt it Mattias, the former team leader of the worlds shittiest customer service team, now the official PR guy in charge of this very thing (press releases)? Makes sense that they would be so sloppy as to let this announcement slip.

Of course Propellerhead's sheer arrogance will likely mean that they'll delay the release now, due to this leak, just to ride on the hype its created. Needless to say, R9 is coming very very soon.
You sure look to emotionally attached to the product (not to mention being a member on Reason Talk et al) for someone who hates the company and their quality.
I love the software. But anytime customer service is required, they are titally horrible and defer to blaming the user rather than take charge. And people get promoted for this kind of behaviour ! I really wonder how out of touch the CEO is with what goes on as far as customer satisfaction is concerned. All Props are good at communicating is marketing BS. Remember this is the company that shut down a community foum and revoked a decade of tips, tricks and helpful info.

Gulale

19 May 2016

Actually it is an amazing great business strategy they took by announcing as a way of leak. Hey, you have gotta face it, the upgrade is not even equal to studio one point update. However, the leak post now will cool and calm 99% of the user from posting negative comment on highly crafted PH advertisement video. Well done PH. The sale team is fantastic. Go and see this thread from page 1 and you will understand what is going on. when complaining got hot. Somebody came and said it is a fake. Just to shift the mind set to a topic of fake and not fake post. It is very well crafted .
Gulale aka Bereket

AlienJunk

19 May 2016

Gulale wrote:Actually it is an amazing great business strategy they took by announcing as a way of leak. Hey, you have gotta face it, the upgrade is not even equal to studio one point update. However, the leak post now will cool and calm 99% of the user from posting negative comment on highly crafted PH advertisement video. Well done PH. The sale team is fantastic. Go and see this thread from page 1 and you will understand what is going on. when complaining got hot. Somebody came and said it is a fake. Just to shift the mind set to a topic of fake and not fake post. It is very well crafted .
PH have taken social manipulation to a new level.

• Information