REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonUser

18 May 2016

There you go. Two completely different and valid viewpoints from the last few posters. No one with any hard information to prove one way or the other. Yes it was taken down less than an hour after it was put up. But why would Synthtopia leave it up if it was obviously unofficial, and therefore fake?

platzangst

18 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:But why would Synthtopia leave it up if it was obviously unofficial, and therefore fake?
Obviously they had reason to believe, if only briefly, that it was either official, or a genuine leak.

News organizations, even for niche interests, thrive on being seen as the source to get all the best news, first, especially since the advent of Internet immediacy. So it is in their interest to try and ace out all others on announcements like this. Thus, they are more likely to run with a story if there's even a chance it's not bogus.

decibel

18 May 2016

i notice reasonistas facebook page were hinting about something being announced today, probably just an RE though ? ;)

BonsaiMacKay

18 May 2016

decibel wrote:i notice reasonistas facebook page were hinting about something being announced today, probably just an RE though ? ;)
Tomorrow, some time between 9am and 12pm, Swedish time.

Exowildebeest

18 May 2016

PH employees have been suspiciously silent and absent from this forum the last few weeks...

No new videos either, despite the fact that Ryan was on a roll...

1+1=9 :D

stevan

18 May 2016

Oh not that again ... hahaha :lol:

Zerosity

18 May 2016

Oh, I can't wait for the May Madness sale to be announced and everyone freak out that it's not a R9 release.

tibah

18 May 2016

Zerosity wrote:Oh, I can't wait for the May Madness sale to be announced and everyone freak out that it's not a R9 release.
In a perfect world, one shall be happy about the things given to them. ;)

The_G

18 May 2016

Zerosity wrote:Oh, I can't wait for the May Madness sale to be announced and everyone freak out that it's not a R9 release.
Well I'd be psyched for 9 but I've also got a list of REs I'm waiting on so I wouldn't mind May Madness either :)
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

AlienJunk

18 May 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:PH employees have been suspiciously silent and absent from this forum the last few weeks...

What are you talking about? PH staff are almost never engaging with their customer base unless theyre trying to market something. Between the two guys they could not have posted more than 60 times between them since this forums inception. Theres nothing at all 'suspicious' about their absence... in fact we need to be suspicious when they DO post.

As for videos.... how many has Ryan done ? Six ? He's no James Bernard thats for sure.

None of what you say bears any relevance to a release announcement.

ReasonUser

18 May 2016

To think that someone over at Props just 'slipped' and 'oops' emailed out the press release a week early seems absolutely ludicrous to me. But I'd love to be proven wrong in this case...

AlienJunk

18 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:To think that someone over at Props just 'slipped' and 'oops' emailed out the press release a week early seems absolutely ludicrous to me. But I'd love to be proven wrong in this case...
Well they are incredibly disorganised, and going by their poor customer service record, lack attention to detail. So a screw up like a leaked press release is quite in keeping with the whole expectation. Isnt it Mattias, the former team leader of the worlds shittiest customer service team, now the official PR guy in charge of this very thing (press releases)? Makes sense that they would be so sloppy as to let this announcement slip.

Of course Propellerhead's sheer arrogance will likely mean that they'll delay the release now, due to this leak, just to ride on the hype its created. Needless to say, R9 is coming very very soon.

Gaja

18 May 2016

normen wrote:
Gaja wrote: How usable are those attempts? How is the latency? How accurately will it detect the pitch of my voice and does it work equally well over all vowels? Cause so far anything I've tried is very annoying to use at best, with unbearable latencies (didn't measure, but I was unable to keep the easiest rhythm, let alone sing or whistle a song), and they wouldn't accurately detect oh's or eh's. Anyway, I'll try thumb jam. Would you mind giving me other examples please, so I can investigate a bit further?
Usable within reason, about the same as your roundtrip latency, as well as you can keep a pitch, with all vowels.
Huh wicked. Can't believe I didn't stu,ble across this before... Thanks!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

18 May 2016

What was that thing about name calling again?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

pjeudy

18 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:To think that someone over at Props just 'slipped' and 'oops' emailed out the press release a week early seems absolutely ludicrous to me. But I'd love to be proven wrong in this case...
One word TIME. Time Reveals All truth.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Exowildebeest

18 May 2016

AlienJunk wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:PH employees have been suspiciously silent and absent from this forum the last few weeks...

What are you talking about? PH staff are almost never engaging with their customer base unless theyre trying to market something. Between the two guys they could not have posted more than 60 times between them since this forums inception. Theres nothing at all 'suspicious' about their absence... in fact we need to be suspicious when they DO post.

As for videos.... how many has Ryan done ? Six ? He's no James Bernard thats for sure.

None of what you say bears any relevance to a release announcement.
I made a tongue-in-cheek comment, not a statement in front of the Supreme Court of Sandinvaginia, jeez.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

18 May 2016

I'm happy with Reason 8 for the most part, but their audio editing could use work. I'd like to see full Recycle integration into the sample editor, but it seems like PH isn't going in this direction. I use a similar work around as user mreese80 described with the MPC Software. Akai and Ableton are definitely ahead of the game when it comes to sampling.

I have a Saffire Pro 40 interface and actually run my MPC Software's audio out through separate outputs and back into the interface which effectively acts as an MPC with immediate access to my hard drive. Then I do all my sampling work in the MPC and record it into Reason's audio tracks, so I rarely use Kong or Redrum anymore as a result. Because of MPC's ability to use VSTs I never go wanting in that department anymore either as mreese80 said.

Like many other users in this thread have stated, the most infuriating thing for me is PH's lack of communication. All the major DAWs are way ahead of PH in many areas, and it would be nice to know that some of those things are being addressed and worked on but all we get are "we can't talk about the future" posts. That attitude towards customers doesn't inspire me to throw anymore money in their direction.

hejazzman

18 May 2016

platzangst wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:But why would Synthtopia leave it up if it was obviously unofficial, and therefore fake?
Obviously they had reason to believe, if only briefly, that it was either official, or a genuine leak.

News organizations, even for niche interests, thrive on being seen as the source to get all the best news, first, especially since the advent of Internet immediacy. So it is in their interest to try and ace out all others on announcements like this. Thus, they are more likely to run with a story if there's even a chance it's not bogus.
It was neither unofficial, nor fake.

It was an embargoed press release -- they just made the mistake of releasing it one week early.

Here's today's official release: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/pro ... ode-638165

hejazzman

18 May 2016

AlienJunk wrote:
Well they are incredibly disorganised, and going by their poor customer service record, lack attention to detail. So a screw up like a leaked press release is quite in keeping with the whole expectation. Isnt it Mattias, the former team leader of the worlds shittiest customer service team, now the official PR guy in charge of this very thing (press releases)? Makes sense that they would be so sloppy as to let this announcement slip.

Of course Propellerhead's sheer arrogance will likely mean that they'll delay the release now, due to this leak, just to ride on the hype its created. Needless to say, R9 is coming very very soon.
You sure look to emotionally attached to the product (not to mention being a member on Reason Talk et al) for someone who hates the company and their quality.

platzangst

19 May 2016

hejazzman wrote:It was neither unofficial, nor fake.

It was an embargoed press release -- they just made the mistake of releasing it one week early.

Here's today's official release: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/pro ... ode-638165
Well, whattya know. Although that begs the question of why bother to quash the early release.

I'm also not sure why there doesn't seem to be any word of it on the actual PH site yet. Oh well.

mreese80

19 May 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:I'm happy with Reason 8 for the most part, but their audio editing could use work. I'd like to see full Recycle integration into the sample editor, but it seems like PH isn't going in this direction. I use a similar work around as user mreese80 described with the MPC Software. Akai and Ableton are definitely ahead of the game when it comes to sampling.

I have a Saffire Pro 40 interface and actually run my MPC Software's audio out through separate outputs and back into the interface which effectively acts as an MPC with immediate access to my hard drive. Then I do all my sampling work in the MPC and record it into Reason's audio tracks, so I rarely use Kong or Redrum anymore as a result. Because of MPC's ability to use VSTs I never go wanting in that department anymore either as mreese80 said.

Like many other users in this thread have stated, the most infuriating thing for me is PH's lack of communication. All the major DAWs are way ahead of PH in many areas, and it would be nice to know that some of those things are being addressed and worked on but all we get are "we can't talk about the future" posts. That attitude towards customers doesn't inspire me to throw anymore money in their direction.
Good to see someone understands where i'm coming from. Another good feature is in MPC is the ability to bounce midi to audio like Ableton. Than we can drag that audio right out of MPC directly into the Reason sequencer. I'm fine with that option.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Kenni
Site Admin

19 May 2016

It makes you wonder what kind of lazy ass developers and content managers work at the different e-mags. Releasing news early, not taking time of day into account.

Propellerheads probably didn't release their statement because marketing isn't at work at midnight. If I were propellerheads, I'd be pissed about the level of incompetence.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

CaptainBlack

19 May 2016

http://www.gearjunkies.com/2016/05/prop ... -software/

Right, too much smoke for there not to be any fire.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

19 May 2016

Kenni wrote:If I were propellerheads, I'd be pissed about the level of incompetence.
Time of the day is relative on the world wide web and as a software company, Props are used to handle mistakes with a smile. Perhaps they are even happy with the unintended new marketing strategy.

But this is all speculation.

pedrocaetanos

19 May 2016

hejazzman wrote:It was an embargoed press release -- they just made the mistake of releasing it one week early.

Strangely, 8 hours after Music Radar posted the page I was having page not found errors, although it was cached in google. Weird...
Interestingly, "someone" requested google to remove the Syntopia page caching:
https://www.google.pt/webhp?sourceid=ch ... +synthopia
:puf_smile:
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information