REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BPGeez

16 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
Gaja wrote:
BPGeez wrote:Well, I fuckin love R8 and it's audio slice capabilities. . N drag n drop has made my life sooo much easier! Sooo, what exactly is this real time audio editing that is being referred to??
I did a google search and the only thing that came up was a Rack Extension called Beatchop, which apparently utilizes that particular technology.

This feature appeared in Akai MPC Software first than it appeared in Ableton. You can your audio playing. While it is playing, you can add slice markers to your audio file.
Ahh I see. . Pretty cool I guess! I just move so much faster with Reason's "Bounce to Rex".. I have a key command set so in 1 second my file is chopped n in an OctoRex. Nowwww, it would be awesome if we could assigned each successive sound in Kong (over a specified pad range) a little faster!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 May 2016

BPGeez wrote:Nowwww, it would be awesome if we could assigned each successive sound in Kong (over a specified pad range) a little faster!
Have you tried selecting the successive rex hits in the browser and then dragging onto a Kong pad?

Jagwah

16 May 2016

Merging threads is not cool! This particular case is a good example. You have a thread with a negative title towards a proposed upgrade that the OP felt was lacklustre which started a lengthy discussion, and you have buried it inside this one not only making that discussion difficult to follow - but also you have censored a post on what can assumably be based on personal opinion or possibly a form of fanboyism due to the negative slant of the title. There is another thread still up on the forum that is more closely related to this one. While I must reiterate that I and probably everyone here appreciates a great deal the work you guys put in around here - please be careful with actions like this that can be considered as a form of censorship.

On another note, has anyone tried contacting Synthtopia for an explanation?

BPGeez

16 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
BPGeez wrote:Nowwww, it would be awesome if we could assigned each successive sound in Kong (over a specified pad range) a little faster!
Have you tried selecting the successive rex hits in the browser and then dragging onto a Kong pad?
VERY VERY good point my man!! N I love u 2 death for it :puf_bigsmile: for some odd reason I have been loading a rex, copying and manually selecting sounds.. silly things we do
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

guitfnky

16 May 2016

The faux political correctness that gets trotted out when someone gets their underwear all in a wad over something innocuous (seriously, mods are calling out people for saying the word "unprofessional"? that's nutty). The same thing doesn't cut both ways, because as long as someone says "well, I'm entitled to my opinion" at the end of their rant, they get a pass. Entitled to your opinion? Of course you are. Duh. That's not the point.

If you want people to be respectful, that goes deeper than just "don't use a bad word", or "make sure you don't say anything specifically directed at anyone else". The dismissiveness of other people's views is disrespectful (and yes, in particular the dismissiveness of the Reason X.X complainers). It's just as disrespectful as calling someone unprofessional, if not more so. But hey, they get a pass as long as they use the magic phrase.

It would be like me joining a messageboard for a political candidate I can't stand, just so I could sit around all day and tell the people there how horrible their candidate is (but ever so careful not to insult anyone on the messageboard!). Sure, I can say "you can dislike what I say all you want, but I have my right to free speech!" and you'd be right to say, "Of course you are. Duh. That's not the point." Because the point is, that is the behavior of trolls. You don't like what I like? Obviously you don't understand, so let me tell you again. THAT is disrespectful.

"Unprofessional"? Give me a damn break. That's practically kind.

I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

16 May 2016

Jagwah wrote:Merging threads is not cool! This particular case is a good example. You have a thread with a negative title towards a proposed upgrade that the OP felt was lacklustre which started a lengthy discussion, and you have buried it inside this one not only making that discussion difficult to follow - but also you have censored a post on what can assumably be based on personal opinion or possibly a form of fanboyism due to the negative slant of the title. There is another thread still up on the forum that is more closely related to this one. While I must reiterate that I and probably everyone here appreciates a great deal the work you guys put in around here - please be careful with actions like this that can be considered as a form of censorship.

On another note, has anyone tried contacting Synthtopia for an explanation?
About the merging: Sorry if it has confused anything. This is a speculation thread as are the others. People here are posting opinions based on the limited information that has been seen due to a supposedly leaked press release.

People in this thread are expressing "not for me" "insta-buy" "I'm not sure as it's early" and "I'm excited and interested." It all seems to be on the same topic. No comments are being deleted. There were reports in other threads that moderators have to answer. IMO this is more efficient use of the forums and easier to follow. I could be wrong and I apologize if so. But if everybody created a separate thread to express what they think and plan to do based on the unofficial information, we would have a ton of threads...

The other one which seems to have transformed into something similar began as something else (not pertaining to a 'leak' at first).
Again, sorry if this confused things. Just doing what I find to be more efficient use of the forums. I've merged many topics before. When we have official information and hard facts, it will be much easier for folks to have unique conversations and threads and to expand upon opinions of individual features etc. But right now who wants to navigate/moderate 20 of the same arguments based on limited, vague information? I guarantee that some of the not-for-me's will become insta-buys and some of the insta-buys will become 'not-for-mes' when we know more. This has nothing to do with censorship or bias.

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2016

guitfnky wrote:The faux political correctness that gets trotted out when someone gets their underwear all in a wad over something innocuous (seriously, mods are calling out people for saying the word "unprofessional"? that's nutty). The same thing doesn't cut both ways, because as long as someone says "well, I'm entitled to my opinion" at the end of their rant, they get a pass. Entitled to your opinion? Of course you are. Duh. That's not the point.

If you want people to be respectful, that goes deeper than just "don't use a bad word", or "make sure you don't say anything specifically directed at anyone else". The dismissiveness of other people's views is disrespectful (and yes, in particular the dismissiveness of the Reason X.X complainers). It's just as disrespectful as calling someone unprofessional, if not more so. But hey, they get a pass as long as they use the magic phrase.

It would be like me joining a messageboard for a political candidate I can't stand, just so I could sit around all day and tell the people there how horrible their candidate is (but ever so careful not to insult anyone on the messageboard!). Sure, I can say "you can dislike what I say all you want, but I have my right to free speech!" and you'd be right to say, "Of course you are. Duh. That's not the point." Because the point is, that is the behavior of trolls. You don't like what I like? Obviously you don't understand, so let me tell you again. THAT is disrespectful.

"Unprofessional"? Give me a damn break. That's practically kind.

Seriously, you MUST know by now that "name-calling" is not allowed here. No matter whether YOU think it's OK or not, it's what leads to trouble in the long run as many of us know all too well from the old PUF. IF you don't like the term "name-calling", I'm happy to use the more "legal" term: Ad Hominem.

We have a choice as to where to set the threshold with regards to personal attacks, and rather than setting it at some arbitrary mid-point of the name-calling spectrum, which can always be disputed, it's far more clear to simply not allow that behavior at all. I don't think we're asking too much of folks here - do you? If anyone reading this does not understand the difference between stating an opinion and an ad hominem, I'll be happy to clarify.

Also…
We are not full time mods here, our time is limited, and yes we DO miss some offenses at times - but we also want to make a simple and clear rule on this matter that everyone can easily follow. If you want to discuss this further, start a new thread or contact the mods directly!

BTW - There is no "magic phrase" here - if you have proof otherwise, I'll be happy to address that. It's a simple concept really - no name-calling! Don't know how to make it more clear. Example: If you disagree with me, that's fine - but if you say I'm stupid it's not - does that make sense?

Those still left with any question should contact the moderators directly.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

guitfnky

16 May 2016

selig wrote:Seriously, you MUST know by now that "name-calling" is not allowed here. No matter whether YOU think it's OK or not, it's what leads to trouble in the long run as many of us know all too well from the old PUF. IF you don't like the term "name-calling", I'm happy to use the more "legal" term: Ad Hominem.

We have a choice as to where to set the threshold with regards to personal attacks, and rather than setting it at some arbitrary mid-point of the name-calling spectrum, which can always be disputed, it's far more clear to simply not allow that behavior at all. I don't think we're asking too much of folks here - do you? If anyone reading this does not understand the difference between stating an opinion and an ad hominem, I'll be happy to clarify.

Also…
We are not full time mods here, our time is limited, and yes we DO miss some offenses at times - but we also want to make a simple and clear rule on this matter that everyone can easily follow. If you want to discuss this further, start a new thread or contact the mods directly!

BTW - There is no "magic phrase" here - if you have proof otherwise, I'll be happy to address that. It's a simple concept really - no name-calling! Don't know how to make it more clear. Example: If you disagree with me, that's fine - but if you say I'm stupid it's not - does that make sense?

I guess I don't think of the word "unprofessional" as name-calling. Saying someone is a jerk is ALWAYS name-calling. Saying someone is acting "unprofessionally" isn't. Maybe that's semantics, maybe not.

The problem I have is that the line you mentioned, *IS* arbitrary, and regularly gets walked all over. I stand by everything I said, especially the stuff about how disrespectful some are, even though they're not technically engaging in name-calling. It rubs me the wrong way to see some of the dismissive garbage that gets said in defense of why this or that person should think Reason is crap, and you don't see a moderator jump in to say anything, but the moment the word "unprofessional" gets used... I get that you're doing this with your own time, that could be spent doing other stuff, and don't have the capacity to vet every post. It's just that it's awfully pervasive, and I honestly can't believe mods don't see it. That's why it seems like faux political correctness to me.

And you mentioned the old PUF... I thought this stuff was exactly why it was shut down in the first place (maybe I'm wrong about that). I don't remember personal attacks, but I do remember it becoming a place people came to whine about the software. It's one thing to state your opinion, and have an honest discussion about it; it's another to try to beat your viewpoint into everyone else's mind while stopping just short of calling names. I was so relieved when they shut the PUF down, because I wanted to be a part of a community of more or less like-minded users; I thought when ReasonTalk started up, that's what we'd get, and that was something I was really optimistic about at the time.

Anyway, I'm not going to start another thread about it, or "contact the mods directly", because between these two posts I've said my piece on the topic. Maybe it makes sense, and maybe it doesn't, but it's all there.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2016

guitfnky wrote:
selig wrote:Seriously, you MUST know by now that "name-calling" is not allowed here. No matter whether YOU think it's OK or not, it's what leads to trouble in the long run as many of us know all too well from the old PUF. IF you don't like the term "name-calling", I'm happy to use the more "legal" term: Ad Hominem.

Also…

I guess I don't think of the word "unprofessional" as name-calling. Saying someone is a jerk is ALWAYS name-calling. Saying someone is acting "unprofessionally" isn't. Maybe that's semantics, maybe not.

The problem I have is that the line you mentioned, *IS* arbitrary, and regularly gets walked all over. I stand by everything I said, especially the stuff about how disrespectful some are, even though they're not technically engaging in name-calling. It rubs me the wrong way to see some of the dismissive garbage that gets said in defense of why this or that person should think Reason is crap, and you don't see a moderator jump in to say anything, but the moment the word "unprofessional" gets used... I get that you're doing this with your own time, that could be spent doing other stuff, and don't have the capacity to vet every post. It's just that it's awfully pervasive, and I honestly can't believe mods don't see it. That's why it seems like faux political correctness to me.

And you mentioned the old PUF... I thought this stuff was exactly why it was shut down in the first place (maybe I'm wrong about that). I don't remember personal attacks, but I do remember it becoming a place people came to whine about the software. It's one thing to state your opinion, and have an honest discussion about it; it's another to try to beat your viewpoint into everyone else's mind while stopping just short of calling names. I was so relieved when they shut the PUF down, because I wanted to be a part of a community of more or less like-minded users; I thought when ReasonTalk started up, that's what we'd get, and that was something I was really optimistic about at the time.

Anyway, I'm not going to start another thread about it, or "contact the mods directly", because between these two posts I've said my piece on the topic. Maybe it makes sense, and maybe it doesn't, but it's all there.

I'm just one of many mods - but may I ask that you help us to make this place better? We NEED to hear from everyone when they don't feel this forum is everything it can be. Certainly we can't follow every suggestion, but IF you'll give us a chance (speaking to everyone here) we will certainly do our best to listen and to respond!

Just to be clear, I believe this forum 100% must respond to the needs of the users. But we (the mods) can't do this if no one is communicating with us!

IMO - If we are all to succeed here long term, then this place must be what we ALL make it, not what the mods make it. This is my personal opinion FWIW.
Selig Audio, LLC

Last Alternative

16 May 2016

I think some peeps are on here way too much lol.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

platzangst

17 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
platzangst wrote: 1. The fact that you pay for something does not give you unlimited griping rights.
And Yet, the fact you pay for something does give you griping rights!
As for the "unlimited" part, that's your framing of it. I myself don't have a set number in mind in witch I decide for the entire board that this or that person has exhausted there opinion limits!
By "unlimited", I don't mean quantity, I mean limiting gripes to things that are reasonable, sensible, and not based on someone's whim. By omitting my example of the cheese hammer, you took out a prime example of what I meant. Sure, it would be within my rights as a person with free speech to complain about my cheese hammer, but it would be irrational and unreasonable to do so.

Everyone has an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal. Some opinions are pretty stupid. An opinion is not necessarily stupid if it is different than mine, but it may very well be stupid if it has a poorly-constructed foundation.

pjeudy wrote:- you presume that people feel entitled....
I know for a fact that some people feel entitled. Anyone who makes a pronouncement that PH owes its users and customers some kind of feature is making an argument from entitlement, that is to say, the user deserves X and PH must deliver it. If you are saying nobody has ever made that kind of argument in these forums, then you and I have been reading this forum very differently.

pjeudy wrote:But let's be Frank and Ernest :puf_smile: (I always wanted to say that ) who's forcing people to go into these threads ? the thread title reads **I guess I'll see what Reason 10 has to offer because Reason 9 yet another in a chain of underwhelming upgrades.**
Like you've said, isn't it "the customer's responsibility to ensure" that they know what the subject matter of the thread entails?
Fair enough! Although I see since I posted last that the thread has been merged with another. And at first, I did not read the thread, simply because of the title, which summed it up, it was one guy making a thread all on his own to let the whole forum know that he was underwhelmed with the supposed features of R9. At that time, I thought to myself, "did this really need its own thread, instead of just a quick reply in some other thread?" and I let it go. I only looked inside when it got its second page, just out of curiosity to see what everyone could possibly be talking about for that long.

So yes, it's something of my own fault for wading in and seeing more of the same irritating viewpoints that I've been sort-of trying to avoid. But that's beside the original point, which was what is "inviting", as in, what attracts people to the forum - or drives them away. Some people seem to think that having their relentlessly negative viewpoints challenged by the "fanboys" is uninviting. I happen to think the relentlessly negative viewpoints themselves are uninviting. Your mileage may vary.

But if we're being Ernest (Ernst?), what do you want to bet that if we were to go look at any of the threads that have a positive title, in the vein of, I dunno, "boy do I sure love Reason!", that there would be (at least) one of the naysayers chiming in to inform everyone in the thread how they aren't that happy with Reason and PH better get its act together? Again, it cuts both ways. If I ought to be able to rein myself in and turn a blind eye to negative threads, doesn't that imply an obligation for others to piss off from positive threads? ...and do they?

joeyluck

17 May 2016

selig wrote:I'm just one of many mods - but may I ask that you help us to make this place better? We NEED to hear from everyone when they don't feel this forum is everything it can be. Certainly we can't follow every suggestion, but IF you'll give us a chance (speaking to everyone here) we will certainly do our best to listen and to respond!

Just to be clear, I believe this forum 100% must respond to the needs of the users. But we (the mods) can't do this if no one is communicating with us!

IMO - If we are all to succeed here long term, then this place must be what we ALL make it, not what the mods make it. This is my personal opinion FWIW.
Yes to this all of this.

To piggy back off of this, I just want to make something else very clear; especially gearing up for an official release announcement.
I am a mod here, but my opinions, my practices, and my preferences definitely do not carry any more weight than a regular member.
Don't forget that we have a 'ReasonTalk Bugs and Suggestions' forum so you can offer suggestions or concerns anytime. Or you can PM any or all of us.

Most of my mod work is deleting spam and conversing with other mods and Kenni about ideas of how to improve ReasonTalk. And other times I'm trying to keep things organized and help to keep the peace. I try to remain positive and optimistic because I feel a happy atmosphere creates the most pleasant and productive forum. Because that attitude is a stark contrast to some, I am often seen as biased or as the 'opposition' or as a 'fanboy.' People tend to look right past my criticisms. And I am certainly not here to censor anybody.

Some of you may have known me to contact you with tips of gathering your thoughts and presenting well-constructed feature suggestions. Because I do care and want your Reason feature suggestions to have the best chance to be considered. I want people to be happy.
As long as you aren't name-calling or using excessive foul language, you can complain all you want. It's my opinion that personal attacks don't stop at members here. IMO it includes Propellerhead and other developers. Folks seem to have mixed opinions about that. For instance, it's understood I can't call selig a name, but somehow I can say Propellerhead is stupid. Shouldn't that change? Does wanting to defend them from name-calling make me a fanboy?

I can guarantee you that when there is something you don't like and a suggestion you have, if you can conduct yourself with more consideration to all parties, you will have many more people cosigning with your suggestion.

moneykube

17 May 2016

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 12.38.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 12.38.41 AM.png (147.04 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
forget
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dana

17 May 2016

Oh, the page was obviously a fake because it didn't include "Coffee Maker" and a new "Foot Massage" hardware line.

pjeudy

17 May 2016

platzangst wrote: By "unlimited", I don't mean quantity, I mean limiting gripes to things that are reasonable, sensible, and not based on someone's whim. By omitting my example of the cheese hammer, you took out a prime example of what I meant. Sure, it would be within my rights as a person with free speech to complain about my cheese hammer, but it would be irrational and unreasonable to do so.

Everyone has an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal. Some opinions are pretty stupid. An opinion is not necessarily stupid if it is different than mine, but it may very well be stupid if it has a poorly-constructed foundation.

I know for a fact that some people feel entitled. Anyone who makes a pronouncement that PH owes its users and customers some kind of feature is making an argument from entitlement, that is to say, the user deserves X and PH must deliver it. If you are saying nobody has ever made that kind of argument in these forums, then you and I have been reading this forum very differently.

Fair enough! Although I see since I posted last that the thread has been merged with another. And at first, I did not read the thread, simply because of the title, which summed it up, it was one guy making a thread all on his own to let the whole forum know that he was underwhelmed with the supposed features of R9. At that time, I thought to myself, "did this really need its own thread, instead of just a quick reply in some other thread?" and I let it go. I only looked inside when it got its second page, just out of curiosity to see what everyone could possibly be talking about for that long.

So yes, it's something of my own fault for wading in and seeing more of the same irritating viewpoints that I've been sort-of trying to avoid. But that's beside the original point, which was what is "inviting", as in, what attracts people to the forum - or drives them away. Some people seem to think that having their relentlessly negative viewpoints challenged by the "fanboys" is uninviting. I happen to think the relentlessly negative viewpoints themselves are uninviting. Your mileage may vary.

But if we're being Ernest (Ernst?) :puf_bigsmile: , what do you want to bet that if we were to go look at any of the threads that have a positive title, in the vein of, I dunno, "boy do I sure love Reason!", that there would be (at least) one of the naysayers chiming in to inform everyone in the thread how they aren't that happy with Reason and PH better get its act together? Again, it cuts both ways. If I ought to be able to rein myself in and turn a blind eye to negative threads, doesn't that imply an obligation for others to piss off from positive threads? ...and do they?
I understand and agree with what you're saying :thumbs_up:
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

mreese80

17 May 2016

This thread went so far left. It's really hard to have an opinion on this forum at times without somebody feeling like you've put a gun to their damn head.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

tronam

17 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:This thread went so far left. It's really hard to have an opinion on this forum at times without somebody feeling like you've put a gun to their damn head.
I'd say it has more to do with how the opinion is expressed. Attitude and tone of voice have as much an influence on conversations in text as they do in person.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

chimp_spanner

17 May 2016

I can understand why people get defensive. I mean if you're an avid Rack Extension buyer like me, you've probably sunk a sizeable amount into Reason, and when someone comes on here saying "it's a joke" then it does touch a nerve because the implication is that it's joke software for joke producers who aren't even aware of the features it's missing and don't care on account of their rabid fanboyism, which isn't aalways true haha. So while I actually agree with some of the naysayers in as much as there being room for improvement, the tone/approach is important. We should all be here because we have an interest in the software and a desire for it to be better, not because we're looking to "defeat" the other side.

As for buying the software not granting unlimited griping rights...I mean it's true to an extent. However Reason is (AFAIK) somewhat unique in having an entirely closed plugin format that keeps a lot of people coming back to them where ordinarily they might be able to buy the software once, and then get their content and expansions from someone else. So while I appreciate that it's not exactly a subscription model, I do feel like when we buy REs we're really supporting the platform, and we want to know that that platform has a future because we certainly can't take those plugins anywhere else. So I dunno, I guess I feel like us Reason users are a little more heavily invested in our platform than someone else who could switch tomorrow and take all their stuff with them, ya know?

Really what would help all of this is if there was a little more communication between PH and the users. I know Mattias surfaces from time to time. And I guess I can see why he might be hesitant when threads turn out like this haha. But ya know I think it's frustration. In the absence of a direct line of communication, people just shout louder and louder and hope someone will hear.

But yeah, keeping it real; we're (almost) all here because we use, and love Reason. For some of us it's great how it is, and for others it's frustrating how great it could be. I fall somewhere in the middle ;) But with a few notable suggestions, even the harshest critics don't HATE Reason. They're just a little frustrated. Case in point, I had a fantastically helpful Skype/Reason session with Mr Reese yesterday; dude is clearly enthusiastic and knows the software well. He also happens to be critical of it. No problem with that!

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 May 2016

Negative comments about anything I use doesn't affect me, it's just that the womp womp womp persistent pessimism and negative tone is draining and abhorrent.

I mean, we are communicating with people across the globe and personally I'd much rather have communications that add value, enlighten and entertain me and are just pleasant.

Chronically positive and negative people exhibit their outward expression as a habit and can't see any other way, however I think we can all agree that the pleasurable smile is a much better choice than the menacing frown all the time. Please understand that as much as you have a right to vent negative frustrations that others have a equal right to be dissatisfied with that chronic dissatisfaction.

Yonatan

17 May 2016

Yes, I think the closed form makes a bit more tension and expectation and anticipation and also disappointment.
If buying RE:s now and then, you are investing in the whole platform, in that you cannot sell or use the plugins
in other DAWs. So, naturally there will be a bit more edge in the discussions about development of Reason and
the SDK for RE:s etc. And many at least have a dream about being able to work exclusively in Reason even with
more complicated stuff. Somemay call that "naive" and that we better get over it and take it for what it is,
and use other software for the other tasks. Some not even buy any RE at all, some are on R7 or even 4, 5, or 6.5.

We are so different. Some are purely hobbyists, others make money on production or development.
And still many more just never show up on a forum like this, but still use Reason in their studio,
or the apps, or just as a songwriting tool or as a big plugin as Rewire and so on...
Off course we will never ever agree...we better just face that fact. And thats a part of this forum
being lively and interesting in the end.

But...I agree that some attitudes here and there in the forum are passning the limit to being not
constructive at all (dont have to be always serious), but not even funny, just plain negative for
its own sake. Ok with disappointments and expectations and such, we all have them, but
some posts are as if from peeps who dont even use Reason anymore but just being bitter
and wanting to tell how great everything else is. As if someone using only ProTools write
how less of a DAW Reason is. Well, its a free world, they need not care about Reason.

To sum it up: I can tolerante more comlaints from those who are actively using and also
love Reason, and buy REs, than those who just critisize while not even using the DAW.
But, well, even ex users has the right to discuss, just hoping them being a bit more
humble at times. Just so it not flood over with the attitude of:

"you stupid fools who still are using and hoping for Reason to develop...pitty you! It will soon be over!"

That kind of sentiment I would love to be without. Those just throwing shit without using Reason anymore.

The_G

17 May 2016

This thread has gone meta, in the sense that it's not about Reason 9 anymore, but about how we talk to each other in a thread about Reason 9.

Is that interesting to anyone? Because it's not very interesting to me. I'd much rather talk about Reason 9.

My solution

*If you are concerned that Reason 9 won't include features that you want it to include, feel free to voice those concerns. Just don't be a dick about it. That means avoiding sweeping generalizations and trying not to rain on other people's parade. And if you have a critique to make, you can make it once and move on.

*If you are annoyed by people who are (in your opinion) being excessively negative, don't be a dick in response. Either ignore it or spell out why you think their contribution is not productive. Don't tell them that criticism is invalid or go ad hom. Argue the point not the person, etc.

If everyone abides by these two rules, then there's no problem.

NOW...who else is excited for audio-to-midi?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

stevan

17 May 2016

Audio to midi would be fantastic ! And as I said before, it would make totally sense with Take and Allihoopa ... new Pitch Edit possibilities are very nice too, maybe then we can use the ReGroove Mixer for Audio Tracks finally ... but, it's all just "science fiction" at the moment ;)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

17 May 2016

We've been here before with the KevWest Beats "Rack Extensions are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!" video and a whole slew of other Reason update naysayers, yet as of today we are at 369 Rack Extensions (with another 15 in the pipeline) and with what seems like yet another well thought out and reliable Reason update. Also, the Re Shop celebrates its 4th anniversary on June 14th, 2016. Not too shabby for a Reason only plugin format that so many people dismissed from day one.

http://reasonistas.wix.com/reasonistas# ... gory/edwj8
Reasonistas' Re Inventory.jpg
Reasonistas' Re Inventory.jpg (106.95 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
ImageImageImage

Last Alternative

17 May 2016

I'll be excited for audio to midi IF it's in real time so I can record my guitar thru Thor and other synths, and for future live playing. I've wanted that for so so long. Here's to hoping PH did it right! As for the pitch part, I was hoping for an overhaul on Neptune. Time will tell. It better be good or I'm moving on because I'm personally at my wit's end with them playing catch up. But also staying positive! They've impressed me plenty of times.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

stevan

17 May 2016

Last Alternative wrote:I'll be excited for audio to midi IF it's in real time so I can record my guitar thru Thor and other synths, and for future live playing. I've wanted that for so so long. Here's to hoping PH did it right! As for the pitch part, I was hoping for an overhaul on Neptune. Time will tell. It better be good or I'm moving on because I'm personally at my wit's end with them playing catch up. But also staying positive! They've impressed me plenty of times.
... no, not in realtime . I think this is not possible at the moment. Obviously like in Live, click and bounce ...

• Information