REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Gaja

16 May 2016

Oh you mean something like tapping the slice markers and they get quantised to the next transient?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Nathanbar

16 May 2016

stevan wrote:So, I think we should forget that R9 thing for now, maybe later this year... but whats with another Sale :lol:
They just had one...It was $299 for the month of March for. Same sale they have run before previous versions being announced

mreese80

16 May 2016

Gaja wrote:Oh you mean something like tapping the slice markers and they get quantised to the next transient?
no quantise. the slice markers slice exactly where you make the hit at. you can of course adjust them. The editing features of akai and Ableton are way ahead of reason
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

kuhliloach

16 May 2016

"Audio to MIDI"... *purchases upgrade

jfrichards

16 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:Reason 9 will do wonders for some i'm sure but i'll be passing.
Thank god, does this mean your complaining will go down a notch for the two years before R10? It's just so unprofessional.

Goriila Texas

16 May 2016

jfrichards wrote:
Thank god, does this mean your

complaining will go down a notch for the two years before R10? It's just so unprofessional.
I wish users like you would stop complaining about paying customers who are dissatisfied with the current state of Reason. First and foremost it's off topic,once you take Reason out the subject matter and put your focus on another forum member you've made the conversation personal while we're suppose to be discussing Reason,making music etc... This is how arguments usually start with passive attacks,nobody ask you and it's off topic to say it's "unprofessional" to vent about gear you've paid for. It's the stupidest thing that I've heard all morning that somehow been dissatisfied with product saying so makes you unprofessional lol,well I guess there's a whole lot amateurs in the music business then.

I wish the mods would crack down on this behavior,it's uninviting,destroys the peace of the forum and makes users like me that don't come here much want to stay away even more. To a forum that averages less than 50 members online at the same time I would think every member is important.

zeebot

16 May 2016

Nathanbar wrote:
stevan wrote:So, I think we should forget that R9 thing for now, maybe later this year... but whats with another Sale :lol:
They just had one...It was $299 for the month of March for. Same sale they have run before previous versions being announced
Yes, the sale was in keeping with what they did on the last upgrade cycle. I'm sure they were set to release it very very soon and synthopia has seriously screwed that up, it has put their release schedule out of whack. They will delay it now I think either to let the faux pas die down or to rush back to the drawing board to add more things.
I bet Elizabeth over at synthtopia (the person who released the story) is an Ableton user! :think: hmm
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

decibel

16 May 2016

zeebot wrote:I bet Elizabeth over at synthtopia (the person who released the story) is an Ableton user! :think: hmm
ahahahaha

Creativemind

16 May 2016

kuhliloach wrote:"Audio to MIDI"... *purchases upgrade
Yes very nice indeed, and the pitch correction tool, but audiowarp, tempo detection of an audio import and to automatically fit the tempo of imported audio to the tempo of the track and the track to the tempo of the audio as well. Also Punch In/Out for audio.
Last edited by Creativemind on 17 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2016

jfrichards wrote:
Thank god, does this mean your complaining will go down a notch for the two years before R10? It's just so unprofessional.
Come on dude, you are making a personal attack here by calling someone's behavior (who you've never met) "unprofessional".

We all have our opinions, which we are all free to share here - but let's keep the personal attacks to ourselves.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
jfrichards wrote:

complaining will go down a notch for the two years before R10? It's just so unprofessional.
I wish users like you would stop complaining about paying customers who are dissatisfied with the current state of Reason. First and foremost it's off topic,once you take Reason out the subject matter and put your focus on another forum member you've made the conversation personal while we're suppose to be discussing Reason,making music etc... This is how arguments usually start with passive attacks,nobody ask you and it's off topic to say it's "unprofessional" to vent about gear you've paid for. It's the stupidest thing that I've heard all morning that somehow been dissatisfied with product saying so makes you unprofessional lol,well I guess there's a whole lot amateurs in the music business then.

I wish the mods would crack down on this behavior,it's uninviting,destroys the peace of the forum and makes users like me that don't come here much want to stay away even more. To a forum that averages less than 50 members online at the same time I would think every member is important.
Agreed.
Selig Audio, LLC

Goriila Texas

16 May 2016

selig wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
jfrichards wrote:

Agreed.
Thank you!

pushedbutton

16 May 2016

Sounds like I'll have to starting beans on toast so I'm ready for a day one purchase. This should make my job a lot easier.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

mreese80

16 May 2016

jfrichards wrote:
It was personal opinion and i'm entitled to it. If you have a problem with my post just ignore it. You reply by saying my post is unprofessional but i guess your comment is professional huh? But hey, you're entitled to your opinions.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

16 May 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
jfrichards wrote:

I agree.

mreese80

16 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
jfrichards wrote:
It was personal opinion and i'm entitled to it. If you have a problem with my post just ignore it. You reply by saying my post is unprofessional but i guess your comment is professional huh? But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

mreese80

16 May 2016

So the Reason 9 update was fake, a joke right? Not a big deal to me. Whoever made the joke, doesn't even matter. If the features stated for a Reason 9 were true, they wouldn't be getting my money is all I am saying. The way technology is now, i have features in other daws that reason doesn't have. I can drag and drop straight from my daw into reason with those features reason doesn't have if i need to. But, the day reason gets real time audio slicing and better audio editing is the day i will upgrade. Even if it's just for those features alone. Reason is a good daw, but it's behind and it still needs work. No daw is 100% perfect, but the majority of them have features that reason should have. The features request that i would like to see in reason are simple. As i have said recently, I have given up on wanting vst support in reason now that i can freeze the midi and convert to audio in my other daws. I can than drag that audio directly into reason and apply effects to the audio with reason fx if needed. But that IMO.

zeebot

16 May 2016

Fine we get it, you wont be upgrading. You stated the fact in the first post 3 pages ago...what more do you need to add?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 May 2016

zeebot wrote:
Nathanbar wrote:
Yes, the sale was in keeping with what they did on the last upgrade cycle. I'm sure they were set to release it very very soon and synthopia has seriously screwed that up, it has put their release schedule out of whack. They will delay it now I think either to let the faux pas die down or to rush back to the drawing board to add more things.
I bet Elizabeth over at synthtopia (the person who released the story) is an Ableton user! :think: hmm
Software companies don't change their release plans based on a publication breaking a press embargo. I can guarantee you the only thing at Propellerhead that was affected by the Synthtopia's premature publication was how many embargoed press releases Propellerhead will send to Synthtopia in the future. :)

platzangst

16 May 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:I wish users like you would stop complaining about paying customers who are dissatisfied with the current state of Reason. First and foremost it's off topic,once you take Reason out the subject matter and put your focus on another forum member you've made the conversation personal while we're suppose to be discussing Reason,making music etc... This is how arguments usually start with passive attacks,nobody ask you and it's off topic to say it's "unprofessional" to vent about gear you've paid for. It's the stupidest thing that I've heard all morning that somehow been dissatisfied with product saying so makes you unprofessional lol,well I guess there's a whole lot amateurs in the music business then.

While I agree that the "unprofessional" remark was going a bit too far, I think there's a few points in this that need to be challenged.

1. The fact that you pay for something does not give you unlimited griping rights. It would be one thing to buy a piece of software and have it turn out to be buggy or malfunctioning. However, Reason 8 had a long beta period, and has always had demo functionality, so anyone who plunked down money for R8 ought to have known exactly what they were getting. If I buy a hammer made out of cheese, I don't really have any grounds on which to complain if it fails to drive nails, because I ought to have been savvy enough to know what the hell I was buying.

2. Nobody here is buying some kind of subscription to Reason, and therefore nobody is entitled to anything beyond the versions they pay for. You are also not "investing" in Reason. If you buy Reason, you are investing in your own music by gaining a tool that is supposed to aid you in making that music. See point one - it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that any tool they buy is in service to that goal. (This is a more general point that comes up in many of these "oh, Reason is disappointing me" threads than a specific reply to this post - but as long as I'm here...)

3. Perhaps other people have a different concept of "inviting" than I do, but: what could be more uninviting than coming to a forum dedicated to a software you like and finding real estate occupied by sneering people dripping with contempt for the very software the forum is devoted to? To read people who obviously can't possibly know anything about the business practices of a company speak with self-righteous assurance about the failure of those supposed practices? To read people saying things like "for shame" - making it a moral failing that a software company hasn't groveled before them to add some feature. The peace of this forum is more under threat from people who just drop their uninformed opinions down as if they were the most important nuggets of wisdom, and then angrily defend them, dismissing any and all countering arguments as some kind of fanboyism. I don't mind other people having opinions, but that cuts both ways: if your opinion is poorly-founded or flawed, it will be criticized in turn, and you can't claim some kind of immunity to that.

4. As for "every member matters"... quality over quantity. What does more members get us, if they just bring more Reason backbiting to the forum? It's not even as if this was some kind of direct line to PH.

joeyluck

16 May 2016

merged thread: I guess I'll see what Reason 10 has to offer because Reason 9 yet another in a chain of underwhelming upgrades.
Easier to keep track and moderate. Thanks for understanding! Please continue :)

An opinion based upon the supposedly leaked press release can be expressed just as easily in this thread that already exists. Folks here are expressing their early opinions. Whether that is to say "Not for me" or "insta-buy" or "I'm not sure" or "I'm interested and excited"; Let's please try to respect each others' opinions.

Whenever there is an official announcement with more details, video, images, a beta version; there will be actual substance to discuss and conversations and opinions regarding features can be much more productive and purposeful. Right now though, I don't see much need for a separate thread that requires moderation; for folks to argue the same points.

Creativemind

16 May 2016

Yonatan wrote:So why the heck do ph take sooo long time not even implementing basic stuff?
Thats a question that many seem to be asking...
Do they have only one programmer and other daws have say several teams?
Must be some reason other than them being just ignorant...or they just see Reason as enough as is...
I've thought this...basic stuff like muting / unmuting midi notes, needed it soooooo many times, basic midi feature. Don't know exactly but I bet Cubase, Logic and FL Studio have had that feature for years.

Then in was it Reason 8 or one of the point updates, we get lengthen / shorten notes from the start. Why wasn't that sorted in Reason 4 or 5, or earlier than that even.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

AlienJunk

16 May 2016

Reason 8 was the least feature laden release ever. And if the leak is true, Props are following this trend with yet another crap release.

Bad luck for R8 users but for those like me that stayed with R7, the new upgrade will not be quite so poor.

Is a combined 7/8 feature set worth 129$ ? With no new instruments or FX I will say probably not. But it takes the sting out a little bit and I will be upgrading this time around, with the firm belief that my involvement witb Propellerhead will be 'every second time around' for future releases.

Bring on Reason 11 !

pjeudy

16 May 2016

platzangst wrote: 1. The fact that you pay for something does not give you unlimited griping rights.
And Yet, the fact you pay for something does give you griping rights!
As for the "unlimited" part, that's your framing of it. I myself don't have a set number in mind in witch I decide for the entire board that this or that person has exhausted there opinion limits!
platzangst wrote: - nobody is entitled to anything beyond the versions they pay for.
- it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that any tool they buy is in service to that goal. (This is a more general point that comes up in many of these "oh, Reason is disappointing me" threads than a specific reply to this post - but as long as I'm here...)
- you presume that people feel entitled....that statement reflects on your opinion not a fact that this is how people actually feel.
-the second point from the above quote makes sense...I agree! :thumbs_up:
But it's not always a case of people not knowing what they Purchased. It's a matter of over time ALL software update and upgrade..and there disappointment is on the current progression/iteration of the Software. Not on there first copy.
platzangst wrote: To read people who obviously can't possibly know anything about the business practices of a company speak with self-righteous assurance about the failure of those supposed practices? To read people saying things like "for shame" - making it a moral failing that a software company hasn't groveled before them to add some feature. The peace of this forum is more under threat from people who just drop their uninformed opinions down as if they were the most important nuggets of wisdom, and then angrily defend them, dismissing any and all countering arguments as some kind of fanboyism. I don't mind other people having opinions, but that cuts both ways: if your opinion is poorly-founded or flawed, it will be criticized in turn, and you can't claim some kind of immunity to that.
^ Agreed! and I also agree that everything quoted " cuts both ways" :thumbs_up:
platzangst wrote: 3. Perhaps other people have a different concept of "inviting" than I do, but: what could be more uninviting than coming to a forum dedicated to a software you like and finding real estate occupied by sneering people dripping with contempt for the very software the forum is devoted to
Some people can be hard on there opinions on REASON..... and some people do defend REASON with the same aggressiveness, example by telling other People to STFU.. (NOT MY WORDS) even if they where speaking in general ;)
This can be found on all forums of all types...These kinds of expressions and apposing opinions are what happens in a democratic Forum (mine and yours included) we're not always gonna like it.

But let's be Frank and Ernest :puf_smile: (I always wanted to say that ) who's forcing people to go into these threads ? the thread title reads **I guess I'll see what Reason 10 has to offer because Reason 9 yet another in a chain of underwhelming upgrades.**
Like you've said, isn't it "the customer's responsibility to ensure" that they know what the subject matter of the thread entails?

There are 7 other Forums they could have gone into...if they feel like a thread is not to there liking why not visit the :
Tutorials and Techniques - Reason Music - Hardware and Other Software - The Kitchen - ReasonTalk Bugs and Suggestions - Propellerhead General
each with 25 Topics on there first page !!! 200 topics!
But they CHOSE exactly the thread that they wanted. Then cry foul that not everyone is holding hands, then criticize people for being on threads instead of making music while they themselves with there own free will got involved in the same conversation.

OP feels underwhelmed at the rumored features in REASON 9 **so this might not be the thread for some**
I didn't buy REASON because OP bought a copy , my opinion of the Software does not depend on Him!..... or her.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tiker01

16 May 2016

I think Reason 9 is going to be awesome. Also I hope more of those MIDI FX they mentioned will be released in point updates.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information