REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjeudy

14 May 2016

:shock:
gak wrote:Oh, I got distracted, I wanted to mention that reason 9 MAY have been announced early :mrgreen:
Nice one! Didn't even think about that :-)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

zabukowski

14 May 2016

Reason 8 Tips & Tricks :)
Attachments
IMSTA-FESTA-Schedule2016.jpg
IMSTA-FESTA-Schedule2016.jpg (121.34 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

moneykube

14 May 2016

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 1.12.05 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 1.12.05 AM.jpg (259.14 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

pjeudy

14 May 2016

zabukowski wrote:Reason 8 Tips & Tricks :)
Not fair to Propellerheads that they have Studio One Advanced Editing and Mixing at the same time as Propellerheads Reason 8 tips and Tricks :puf_bigsmile:
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

CookieClimber

14 May 2016

I have no more patience :D Release it now PH!

tumar

14 May 2016

Take it easy. I don't believe it's true. It's too poor to be full upgrade (no devices update, no new SDK). Maybe 8.5 upgrade.

Creativemind

14 May 2016

It was to test the waters! ;-)

And where's 8.4? lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

sot

14 May 2016

i think that interface related and dark theme must come to 8 version too as an update cause that was the main 8 version advertisment (not specific that but belongs there)
Last edited by sot on 14 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

decibel

14 May 2016

those features would be a decent 8.4 upgrade for sure, especially if an even bigger R9 upgrade was scheduled to follow shortly after ;)

Yonatan

14 May 2016

Good to see something coming now at summer time. The functions mentioned attracts me, even though not all majors on my wishing list are there, I still hope the pace will speed up a bit hereafter so that the good things on the desk...comes out to see the light!
But for now, as always, what will win me over is the promo video. ;)
Last edited by Yonatan on 14 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

14 May 2016

I love it when a plan comes together.

ImageImageImage

Gulale

14 May 2016

Have you forgotten what Presonus has released for point update????? This upgrade is weak as usual from Propellerheads. I feel sorry for faithful users.
Gulale aka Bereket

Aquila

14 May 2016

Gulale wrote:This upgrade is weak as usual from Propellerheads. I feel sorry for faithful users.
Please wait until an official announcement is made. That way you can decide on what to whinge about and whether it's actually worth whinging about it before making an official whinge.

avasopht
Competition Winner

14 May 2016

Gulale wrote:Have you forgotten what Presonus has released for point update????? This upgrade is weak as usual from Propellerheads. I feel sorry for faithful users.
So you think it's sustainable to do that with EVERY unpaid release?

How it works is that some features aren't complete at launch, so you release anyway and update when the features are ready. Just because it's a point update doesn't mean they didn't spend years developing the features ;)

madmacman

14 May 2016

avasopht wrote: How it works is that some features aren't complete at launch, so you release anyway and update when the features are ready. Just because it's a point update doesn't mean they didn't spend years developing the features ;)
The point is: Props seem a bit undecided how they should continue on. With the advent of the first .x releases of Reason 8 in can remember they stated something like "when a good feature is ready why we should wait for the next major release?". For many it was something like an announcement for rolling releases or (modern techy speak) "continuous delivery" with less focus on major version numbers. This was emphasized by the blog posting regarding RV7000 MkII and the final "continue work on 8.4" sentence. This was June 30th 2015! Since then nothing happened.

So what now? Rolling releases with many minor versions? Or still major releases every 18 months or so?

Just asking...

esselfortium

14 May 2016

madmacman wrote:
avasopht wrote: How it works is that some features aren't complete at launch, so you release anyway and update when the features are ready. Just because it's a point update doesn't mean they didn't spend years developing the features ;)
The point is: Props seem a bit undecided how they should continue on. With the advent of the first .x releases of Reason 8 in can remember they stated something like "when a good feature is ready why we should wait for the next major release?". For many it was something like an announcement for rolling releases or (modern techy speak) "continuous delivery" with less focus on major version numbers. This was emphasized by the blog posting regarding RV7000 MkII and the final "continue work on 8.4" sentence. This was June 30th 2015! Since then nothing happened.

So what now? Rolling releases with many minor versions? Or still major releases every 18 months or so?

Just asking...
Yeah, I've been kinda wondering about this as well. The simple auto-update system is convenient as heck, but we haven't gotten many updates to use it with. Oddness.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Yonatan

14 May 2016

Nobody knows...

zakalwe

14 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
Gulale wrote:Have you forgotten what Presonus has released for point update????? This upgrade is weak as usual from Propellerheads. I feel sorry for faithful users.
So you think it's sustainable to do that with EVERY unpaid release?

How it works is that some features aren't complete at launch, so you release anyway and update when the features are ready. Just because it's a point update doesn't mean they didn't spend years developing the features ;)
if they were propellerhead they'd have called 3.1 4.0, charged €130 for it and made a big deal out of every change log entry.

if this is the update then peeps who jumped to 8.0 now know how people who junped to 7.0 felt :lol:

at this rate i may glean enough value from updating circa reason 14.

ClassickHitz

14 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm glad you posted this as I didn't read the original post (Reasonistas) back in April.

I just posted how I was a bit irritated on how long it's taking Props to announce as it's become pretty predictable at this point that the inevitable is here. Just announce already!! :puf_bigsmile:

Just glad to know I wasn't being unreasonable in thinking that 20-months seems to be an awfully long time.

Exowildebeest

14 May 2016

If it's a real leak - it's certainly written in typical press release style - then it seems like a great update to me, especially the MIDI/note manipulation stuff. I wonder how that's implemented - rack devices, CV, or new 'sequencer' devices as part of the sequencer?

Audio to MIDI and pitch correction is always hit and miss, so I'm not very interested in that, and I have no doubt that Propellerheads developed their own method which will probably be inferior to Melodyne.
Reason 9 also comes with 1000 new sounds. The Reason Rack is also enhanced with key workflow improvements and darker theme options.
Is that a reference to the Death By A Thousand Cuts thread? :D

avasopht
Competition Winner

14 May 2016

The new Reason could have less features for all I care, all that matters to me is how much I enjoy the process.

Native Instruments have a powerful suite of sounds and effects at a reasonable price. As much as I enjoyed working in Logic for a year, I found I just enjoyed Reason more so personally I don't perceive it as being behind.

I am going to check out the latest studio one to see if I create more and better music with it, but I'm fine in Reason and that's despite specific functionality it doesn't have that I'd really like to have ;)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

14 May 2016

avasopht wrote:The new Reason could have less features for all I care, all that matters to me is how much I enjoy the process.

Native Instruments have a powerful suite of sounds and effects at a reasonable price. As much as I enjoyed working in Logic for a year, I found I just enjoyed Reason more so personally I don't perceive it as being behind.

I am going to check out the latest studio one to see if I create more and better music with it, but I'm fine in Reason and that's despite specific functionality it doesn't have that I'd really like to have ;)
This, 24/7.
ImageImageImage

zakalwe

14 May 2016

well, apparently since the fanbase let the company treat them like an ATM every 18-24 months they have no incentive to excel. let them meander about with their alihoopas and other mediocrity while the greatness and ambition that everyone saw in 6.5 fades away.

Data_Shrine

14 May 2016

imho I think Reason needs under-the-hood improvements (like delay compensation). While I love Subtractor, it could use an upgrade (more connections in the back, oversampling mode)

willowman

14 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
avasopht wrote:The new Reason could have less features for all I care, all that matters to me is how much I enjoy the process.

This, 24/7.
Agreed...and then some.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

• Information