REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
willowman

12 May 2016

Last edited by willowman on 12 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 May 2016

looks like a leak....nothing on props website yet.

pjeudy

12 May 2016

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... announced/

Propellerhead Software today announced Reason 9, the latest version of the popular virtual studio. Reason 9 introduces new devices, sounds, and creative tools.

Here’s what’s new in Reason 9:

Reason 9 introduces three Player devices, designed to transform MIDI input:

Note Echo creates rhythmic, pitched MIDI delays for melodies, drum rolls, and more.
Scales & Chords turns simple melodies into beautiful harmonies and chords so you can stay focused on the music making. Transpose notes to a selected scale and automatically generate chords for your song, no music theory required.
Dual Arpeggio transforms chords into intricate and inspiring rhythms. From classic up-and-down to polyphonic and polyrhythmic, Dual Arpeggio breathes new life into any instrument in your Reason rack.
Reason’s new Pitch Edit mode helps you fix out-of-tune notes, add vibrato, change timing, create new melodies from your recording, change the dynamics and more.

Audio to MIDI lets you convert your vocals to MIDI notes for endless sound manipulation possibilities.

Reason 9 also comes with 1000 new sounds. The Reason Rack is also enhanced with key workflow improvements and darker theme options.

Pricing and Availability

Reason 9 will be available worldwide on June 21, 2016, with these options:

Reason 9 EUR €405 / USD $449
Reason Essentials 9 EUR €120 / USD $129
Reason 9 Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) EUR €129 / USD $129, or free to customers who purchased Reason 8 on or after May 1, 2016.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

WongoTheSane

12 May 2016

Nothing anywhere. Looks like a press embargo gone wrong, the announced features seem realistic enough (except Audio to Midi, but it could be only for vocals, as part of the Pitch Edit thing).

zeebot

12 May 2016

Yeah, I was just about to post this. Are props trolling us because of that thread or have they really messed up?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Heater

12 May 2016

It doesn't seem much of an upgrade does it?

SA Studio

12 May 2016

So very interesting. :o

I was all set to post in that "Waiting for Reason 9" thread today and simply express how the only thing I wish for, would be for Props to be a bit more communicative with us all.

Then I see this :/ = Interesting, haha.

IF...it's all true, doesn't sound like a terrible update - compared to the last. The "Note Pitch" editor could prove highly powerful. Sounds like a Melodyne-ish addition.

Nathanbar

12 May 2016

I'm still interested in seeing the official announcement from Props. I really want to see what they've done for the sequencer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Nathanbar on 12 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

zeebot

12 May 2016

It is certainly a bit more interesting than R8.
Audio to midi is good
1000 new sounds because you can never get enough sounds is a thumbs up
The three new midi effects sound interesting too
Dark theme sounds nice too

Overall for an R7 user like me it might just tip the balance (no pun intended). Still not keen on the whole browser/workflow stuff in R8 but I could get used to it for the greater good.

They really are crap.

Jagwah

12 May 2016

Christ I hope not! All I really want is copy pattern to track, please don't tell me that is in the form of audio to midi :/

Why would a new version cause such confusion? Why is the associated picture in the article one I have seen before, that tambourine is from an Reason 8 advertisement, I swear it, that whole picture is.

EDIT: Why would the rack have a darker theme option? That would be for the sequencer and possibly the mixer...

Say it aint so, Joe!

joeyluck

12 May 2016

Jagwah wrote:Christ I hope not! All I really want is copy pattern to track, please don't tell me that is in the form of audio to midi :/

Why would a new version cause such confusion? Why is the associated picture in the article one I have seen before, that tambourine is from an Reason 8 advertisement, I swear it, that whole picture is.

Say it aint so, Joe!
I think what you are after would come with an update to the RE SDK. And not something that would be in the forefront of a Reason announcement unless announced in conjunction with a new SDK. If this is legit, there is likely many other smaller features. "The Reason Rack is also enhanced with key workflow improvements..." could mean anything and something along those lines... Who knows!

pjeudy

12 May 2016

Interesting on there Facebook page it reads WE HAVE DETAILS ....the plot thickens :puf_smile:
it was published less then an hour ago !
Attachments
details.png
details.png (413.03 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
Last edited by pjeudy on 12 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

12 May 2016

OK now things might getting very interesting
THE ARTICLE IS NOW GONE! :shock:

ReasonUser

12 May 2016

Looks like they're bringing Melodyne like features to Reason. Many people requested that. But still no PDC. :(

Wook

12 May 2016

Cool. It's quite a few things that were requested as features. It won't feel like starring at the Sun any more. Thanks Props.

joeyluck

12 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:OK now things might getting very interesting
The article is still on synthtopia.com. And synthhead chimed in to confirm the release date...

pjeudy

12 May 2016

The article has been nuked...Probably after I and a few people on here contacted Propellerhead! But the internet never forgets !
Attachments
REASON 9 leaked info.png
REASON 9 leaked info.png (359.33 KiB) Viewed 3713 times

pjeudy

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
The article is still on synthtopia.com. And synthhead chimed in to confirm the release date...
??? I refreshed that page 5 times no article...I commented on there facebook page and that's gone ?? might be an issue on my side.

zeebot

12 May 2016

Someone posted it on reddit and a reply pointed out it's friday 13th. I think synthtopia fucked up. No point deleting it, it's out into the wilds of the internet now.

They really are crap.

chk071

12 May 2016

It's still there here.
:reason: :rebirth:

pjeudy

12 May 2016

zeebot wrote:
Someone posted it on reddit and a reply pointed out it's friday 13th. I think synthtopia fucked up. No point deleting it, it's out into the wilds of the internet now.
Joey and a guy on Facebook told me the article is still there but it doesn't show up on my side anymore...it was the third article there now it has vanished.....I'm wondering if Synthopia released the new a day early ?!

joeyluck

12 May 2016

Yeah I don't know how to Internet sometimes. But I reset/refreshed chrome and it still loads for me. But I don't see it on the front page anymore, so there's that...

pjeudy

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Yeah I don't know how to Internet sometimes. But I reset/refreshed chrome and it still loads for me. But I don't see it on the front page anymore, so there's that...
I was just gonna type that to you....it's not in the front page...and they removed it from there Facebook page !

WongoTheSane

12 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
zeebot wrote:
Joey and a guy on Facebook told me the article is still there but it doesn't show up on my side anymore...it was the third article there now it has vanished.....I'm wondering if Synthopia released the new a day early ?!
I think you're talking about the link on Synthtopia's front page, while Joey used the direct link. You're right that the mention on the front page has disappeared, but the article itself is still here. Try with this direct link: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... announced/

Alkua

12 May 2016

NIce! Looks good, I know it will bring more than that. but the delay compensation is very necessary.

• Information