REASON 9: The Wait Is Getting Ridiculous

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tibah

12 May 2016

chk071 wrote:
tibah wrote: What I didn't like about this, was to act like PH would tease, mention, play cat and mouse and dogs and horses. Now it seems it's all about fanboyism vs. realness and defending yourself for which version of our beloved music software we use, when we all know Reason 5 was the best thing ever and we should all get back to that on a crappy laptop with headphones and sit in the sun all day making weird noises.
:D

On the other hand, i kinda understand why some people argue that 5 was a very good version, because i felt like it wasn't as bloated as what came after the Record/Reason unification. But that's just my personal opinion.
Simply because, it was more of what Reason always was, with more thingies to play with.

I actually believe a lot of that "spirit" got lost for the benefit of having additional, more wanted/needed features by users and then you have the integration of Rack Extensions on top of that, while at its core, Reason, mostly, still is that funny rack to play with. It used to be about what you can achieve with the available tools. Dilemma! ;)

plaamook

12 May 2016

chk071 wrote:I don't know if you have a job, but if you act like that on your job, say, rushing out your work, because you believe that your boss, or your company's customers like it when something is finished yesterday, no matter if it it's finished, or half broken, then i'd be surprised. What's so damn important about the release of the new version anyway, especially as you have no idea what they're coming up with anyway? Don't get it. Or are you waiting for something specific? But even then, you won't know if they even implemented it anyway. And i think PH is doing good not to announce anything, ever. This thread shows pretty well what happens when you float people's boat too much (or even, when you're not doing so).
Yeah I have sevral jobs. Sound is one of em. I don't want them to rush anything. I like their stability. But that's not the issue. Up to R7 I've never had a complaint. But post R7?... Yeah, I'm a little axious. There are things that need adressing in Reason. Some of it's a matter of opinion, other bits are a given. But they're teetering on an edge I think. If they can't make themselves really competitive they run the risk of their PROFIT coming from things like allthehoolpa and were does that leave us? The rest of the DAW world will move on and some of us will be moving with them. RE wasted money or no. I don't want em to rush. I want them to be great! I'm just anxious that's all.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

chk071

12 May 2016

tibah wrote:
chk071 wrote:
tibah wrote: What I didn't like about this, was to act like PH would tease, mention, play cat and mouse and dogs and horses. Now it seems it's all about fanboyism vs. realness and defending yourself for which version of our beloved music software we use, when we all know Reason 5 was the best thing ever and we should all get back to that on a crappy laptop with headphones and sit in the sun all day making weird noises.
:D

On the other hand, i kinda understand why some people argue that 5 was a very good version, because i felt like it wasn't as bloated as what came after the Record/Reason unification. But that's just my personal opinion.
Simply because, it was more of what Reason always was, with more thingies to play with.

I actually believe a lot of that "spirit" got lost for the benefit of having additional, more wanted/needed features by users and then you have the integration of Rack Extensions on top of that, while at its core, Reason, mostly, still is that funny rack to play with. It used to be about what you can achieve with the available tools. Dilemma! ;)
Totally agree!

@ plamook: I was referring to ClassickHitz's post.
:reason: :rebirth:

plaamook

12 May 2016

I don't agree. To me RE and record integration was just a realisation of the awesome power of Reason. The way they implemnted things was perfect IMO. Now just watching it evolve but how...

Or here.

guitfnky

12 May 2016

plaamook wrote:But they're teetering on an edge I think.
Are they, though? It seems like people have been constantly saying this in some form or another, except for like a week after 7 was released.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

plaamook

12 May 2016

guitfnky wrote:
plaamook wrote:But they're teetering on an edge I think.
Are they, though? It seems like people have been constantly saying this in some form or another, except for like a week after 7 was released.

Yeah, maybe it's just that I'm actually feeling it this time! Hah!
I dunno. I just want samplers for christ's sake. And decent audio editing. WTF.

Or here.

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 May 2016

What specific features are you desiring in Reason 9, particularly those that can't wait?

And what would you do if they did not do those features, but instead delivered features that other users wanted?

Stranger.

12 May 2016

plaamook wrote:That said, I just made a hit record on R7 so perhaps I shouldn't complain, but still. Where's it going ?....
Which hit was that?
Was it made with stock plugs?

Iapetus 9

12 May 2016

I seriously weep for the Millennial Self Entitlement Generation.
38L > 51D every time.

plaamook

12 May 2016

Stranger. wrote:
plaamook wrote:That said, I just made a hit record on R7 so perhaps I shouldn't complain, but still. Where's it going ?....
Which hit was that?
Was it made with stock plugs?
Nope, my plugs.
Comes out in June. And I really hope everyone agrees w me, otherwise I'll be out of part of my job!

Or here.

chk071

12 May 2016

chimp_spanner

12 May 2016

Dude...this for real? I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the new features, or the fact that it will stop people asking for version 9 :lol:

chk071

12 May 2016

In the comments there they're already speculating if this is something which was accidentally published, because there's no word about it anywhere else... seems a bit weird tbh. Someone posted it on KVR, so i just pasted the link here.

joeyluck

12 May 2016

chk071 wrote:In the comments there they're already speculating if this is something which was accidentally published, because there's no word about it anywhere else... seems a bit weird tbh. Someone posted it on KVR, so i just pasted the link here.
Maybe it's a purposeful leak just to gauge user response to the new features before they even develop them :lol:

chk071

12 May 2016

Or to check out the reactions, and if those are "meh", then they bring out the big guns. :)

Heater

12 May 2016

Time to upgrade from R7 although it doesn't seem much of an upgrade.

chimp_spanner

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
chk071 wrote:In the comments there they're already speculating if this is something which was accidentally published, because there's no word about it anywhere else... seems a bit weird tbh. Someone posted it on KVR, so i just pasted the link here.
Maybe it's a purposeful leak just to gauge user response to the new features before they even develop them :lol:
The thought had crossed my mind! I'd like to know what the workflow improvements are, as they'll be potentially more useful to me than the pitch correction stuff. I hope there's a more detailed breakdown of the new features when the news breaks officially!

Assuming it's legit, bit strange that they would take a device based approach to MIDI transformation. IMO it would make way more sense to have these on the MIDI/arranger track, along with settings like random timing, key ranges, etc. So I'm interested to see what form they take. But I'm sure they'll be fun/super useful whatever they are.

More sounds is always good, of course! And audio to MIDI could be super interesting from a guitar perspective.

joeyluck

12 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
The thought had crossed my mind! I'd like to know what the workflow improvements are, as they'll be potentially more useful to me than the pitch correction stuff. I hope there's a more detailed breakdown of the new features when the news breaks officially!

Assuming it's legit, bit strange that they would take a device based approach to MIDI transformation. IMO it would make way more sense to have these on the MIDI/arranger track, along with settings like random timing, key ranges, etc. So I'm interested to see what form they take. But I'm sure they'll be fun/super useful whatever they are.

More sounds is always good, of course! And audio to MIDI could be super interesting from a guitar perspective.
If it's legit, I'm guessing there would be an official announcement tomorrow...
I figure that typically news publications get their info from the press releases. And if a company like Propellerhead supplies them with info ahead of time, I would think it wouldn't need to be much more than a day ahead of time.

Stranger.

12 May 2016

plaamook wrote:Comes out in June.
^Interesting "hit" :P

The announcement appears to be legit.
The user appears legit.

Propellerhead Reason 9 Announced
Posted on May 12, 2016 by Elisabeth

Propellerhead Software today announced Reason 9, the latest version of the popular virtual studio. Reason 9 introduces new devices, sounds, and creative tools.

Here’s what’s new in Reason 9:

Reason 9 introduces three Player devices, designed to transform MIDI input:

Note Echo creates rhythmic, pitched MIDI delays for melodies, drum rolls, and more.
Scales & Chords turns simple melodies into beautiful harmonies and chords so you can stay focused on the music making. Transpose notes to a selected scale and automatically generate chords for your song, no music theory required.
Dual Arpeggio transforms chords into intricate and inspiring rhythms. From classic up-and-down to polyphonic and polyrhythmic, Dual Arpeggio breathes new life into any instrument in your Reason rack.

Reason’s new Pitch Edit mode helps you fix out-of-tune notes, add vibrato, change timing, create new melodies from your recording, change the dynamics and more.

Audio to MIDI lets you convert your vocals to MIDI notes for endless sound manipulation possibilities.

Reason 9 also comes with 1000 new sounds. The Reason Rack is also enhanced with key workflow improvements and darker theme options.

Pricing and Availability

Reason 9 will be available worldwide on June 21, 2016, with these options:

Reason 9 EUR €405 / USD $449
Reason Essentials 9 EUR €120 / USD $129
Reason 9 Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) EUR €129 / USD $129, or free to customers who purchased Reason 8 on or after May 1, 2016.

Aiite.
Crak on.

joeyluck

12 May 2016

If this is true, ClassickHitz has impeccable timing.

I retract everything I have said. Please let us know next time you become frustrated waiting Lol

Jagwah

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Reason 8 FTW! Reason 8 for life!
Wow you must really hate Propellerhead if you're staying on 8 for life :think: :mrgreen: :think:

WongoTheSane

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:If this is true, ClassickHitz has impeccable timing.

I retract everything I have said. Please let us know next time you become frustrated waiting Lol
Someone else has even better timing and foresight, off by only two days:

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 70#p251598
Last edited by WongoTheSane on 12 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

12 May 2016

Jagwah wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Reason 8 FTW! Reason 8 for life!
Wow you must really hate Propellerhead if you're staying on 8 for life :think: :mrgreen: :think:
'tis only a joke. I will upgrade to R9 with R9.3 :lol:

joeyluck

12 May 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
joeyluck wrote:If this is true, ClassickHitz has impeccable timing.

Someone else has even better timing and foresight, off by only two days:

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 70#p251598
I do, don't I? Lol. Looks like they will have something released just in time :)

joeyluck

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:I'm not refreshing the Propellerhead page expecting an announcement.
Well, that won't be true for much longer...haha
Look at me now... I'm on standby to start hitting that refresh lol
Refresh.jpg
Refresh.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
I figure there's a chance a YouTube video will go live slightly before the official post on the website.
Never been in this position before knowing that an announcement might be imminent. Or could be the best hoax of all time.

• Information