How to get rid of CodeMeter?....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chk071

08 May 2016

Hey,

having the same problem on 2 computers: I had Reason 7 installed, and with it came the CodeMeter "Authorizer". After i uninstalled Reason 7, because i didn't use it, and sold it, i also uninstalled the Authorizer. But, obviously, it didn't remove the CodeMeter "runtime", whatever that is exactly, because it's still in the autostart, starts up with every Windows boot, and also still is in ProgramFiles (x86). Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? There's no uninstaller whatsoever, and i don't like to mess up my system with just removing the folder from ProgramFiles. So any tip would be much appreciated. I don't need it anymore, and i really think it's a good behavior if everything is removed from the computer when i uninstall the software which used it as protection...

I use Windows 10 64-bit on both computers.
:reason: :rebirth:

normen

08 May 2016

Maybe try to stop it before you uninstall it.

chk071

08 May 2016

Well, i did stop the "service", so it doesn't autostart anymore. But there's no uninstaller or anything. How should i get rid of it, if i can't uninstall it in any way? I already tried Revo uninstaller and CCleaner uninstaller, but both only seem to find the uninstaller, if it has been installed with the software. They don't find anything for Codemeter.

sdst
Competition Winner

08 May 2016

run msconfig and uncheck it from startup . lol

chk071

08 May 2016

I did... but i don't want it on my harddrive. It just sits there, without a reason (pun intended). Thought it gets uninstalled, when i uninstall Reason and Authorizer. But it didn't.

Aquila

08 May 2016

Are you sure? The Codemeter Runtime Kit is there in my Add/Remove Programs list. If you don't have it in your list for removal maybe try reinstalling it first?

normen

08 May 2016

^--- Thats what I meant. Probably it was running when you tried to uninstall it the first time. Re-install, stop it and uninstall.

chk071

08 May 2016

Hm, good point. I probably had it running indeed when i tried to uninstall it. But why didn't it stop itself, or prompted me to stop it?

Where can i download the Codemeter runtime thingie?

Edit: Found it here: http://codemeter.de/de/service/downloads.html

chk071

08 May 2016

normen wrote:http://bfy.tw/5f23
Lol...

Well, i found it in the meantime.

chk071

08 May 2016

Ok, so i installed the Codemeter Runtime Kit, stopped the Codemeter client in the task area after installation, even killed the Codemeter Runtime Server process in the task manager afterwards, attempted an uninstall, it told me that it needs a reboot after uninstallation so i did that, and guess what. Yep, still the folder with the Codemeter stuff and the bin in ProgramFiles (x86), and it also started the Codemeter Runtime Server process again on startup... how the f*** am i supposed to get rid of this crap. Really ridiculous.

Edit: Tried the same under the admin account, same result. Stuck with this sh** i guess. Oh well, at least i have it removed from the startup services.

Ostermilk

08 May 2016

If you've succesfully run the uninstaller then you are free to delete any files that remain.

There's an uninstaller for it that gets setup at the same time as Reason (up to v7 at least) gets installed all you had to do in the first place was run that uninstaller after you'd uninstalled Reason, it shuts down the service removes all the entries but leaves any logfiles it created which you can then delete manually.

Sounds to me like you made some pretty hard work out of a simple process but looking at Google search on the subject of uninstalling Codemeter it seems like you are not alone so clearly the process isn't idiot proof.

;)

chk071

08 May 2016

Believe me when i say that i am not an idiot regarding such things. I have installed and uninstalled so many programs, audio apps, copy protection systems and what not that i'm not able to count those anymore. And no, this isn't just as easy as to uninstall Reason, then uninstall Codemeter, or Authorizer as it has been called for Reason 7. On 2 computers, the same thing. And obviously, it isn't just leftovers, when it's still written into the autostart, and not just a matter of removing the folders. Anyway, i removed it from the autostart now, so there's just the files in the ProgramFiles folder, which i can live with. Just wondering what's wrong with the software that it doesn't want to uninstall itself. Maybe it's due to the copy protection drivers still installed on the system, of both Reason 7 and Reason Essentials 2, which i once owned. Definitely something bugged about it.

• Information