There has to be a way to AUTO-STOP!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
lordmike

07 May 2016

I play in a band that incorporates Reason into our live performance. I need a method to make tracks automatically stop so the drummer's click track doesn't endlessly drone on in his ear after the song has ended. Additionally, I have several songs where I need it to stop periodically throughout the the song. I can manually restart it but I needs to end a precise points. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks everyone!

C//AZM

07 May 2016

If you're using song form then would blank measures help? You would need to time your silences but I've seen pros do it where between each song there's a set amount of blank meaures where nothing but tempo changes, sysex patch changes and light commands happen then the last 2 bars of silence the click resumes then Bam the next song starts.

What if you made the click a sidestick or something so that you have control of when it stops and starts? plus you can always manually stop the sequencer during the song breaks if you need to.

Olivier

07 May 2016

There is a way, but it is a workaround that involves an EMI that sends midi out, which you have to loop back into reason, into a custom configured control surface that you then bind to the start-stop button.
A hassle, but totally doable.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

lordmike

07 May 2016

I love Reason dearly but it is a tremendous oversight that easy functionality for this doesn't exist

zeebot

07 May 2016

Why not just replace the click with another sound on it's own track? I always thought the click sounded awful anyway. I haven't used it for ages.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

QVprod

07 May 2016

I have tutorial about auto punching that you can apply to auto stopping. Just map the midi notes to the stop button instead of the record button. It does involve the EMI, but it's fairly simple to set up.

lordmike

07 May 2016

Oh man! That is perfect! Thanks!

Rene Disco

16 May 2016

Brilliant. Thanx for sharing QVprod.

• Information