Thor and Spider delay

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
8cros

05 May 2016

If it is a bug, you might write in support? I'm afraid I can not explain where there Haas effect or comb filter. My English is bad.
I have created two patches, with the work of these devices.

More work vocoder on high quality rendering is very dirty. :puf_unhappy:
Attachments
Thor bug.zip
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Spider bug.zip
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Last edited by 8cros on 08 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

05 May 2016

Kinda difficult to know what to do with these files - you're going to have to make some attempt to describe what we are looking for here…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

05 May 2016

Spider as a link creates a feedback loop on the output stereo effects from mono.

And Thor, if busy input / output 1 and 2, making a short delay, the effect on the output 3 and 4. However, if you disconnect the outputs 1 and 2, it has been working fine.
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

05 May 2016

If i'm understanding correctly, the Thor issue is created by a batch delay (64 samples) that is incurred when you pass audio through Thor. What are you trying to do that causes a problem?
As for the Spider example - what do all the limiters and stereo imagers have to do with the problem? Best to simplify when demonstrating a bug. OF course there's a feedback loop - you created it yourself. Maybe what you're not understanding is that the DDL-1 is NOT a stereo device? Could be what you're seeing has to do with what the DDL-1 is doing and not the spider?

Again, remove all other devices and demonstrate the specific issue and things will be much easier to understand! If the issue is with the spider, you don't need maximizers and delays in your demonstration.
Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

05 May 2016

I have prepared the image is likely they will help.

Thor:
Figure 1
The patch with the thorus, switching the audio cables (see Figure 1), removes a bug.
Figure 2

Spider:
Figure 2
The patch with the spider, the spider replacement split Mixer 6: 2 also removes the bug. (Figure 4)
Figure 4
REASON RESONANCES

8cros

07 May 2016

selig wrote:If i'm understanding correctly, the Thor issue is created by a batch delay (64 samples) that is incurred when you pass audio through Thor. What are you trying to do that causes a problem?
As for the Spider example - what do all the limiters and stereo imagers have to do with the problem? Best to simplify when demonstrating a bug. OF course there's a feedback loop - you created it yourself. Maybe what you're not understanding is that the DDL-1 is NOT a stereo device? Could be what you're seeing has to do with what the DDL-1 is doing and not the spider?

Again, remove all other devices and demonstrate the specific issue and things will be much easier to understand! If the issue is with the spider, you don't need maximizers and delays in your demonstration.
Unfortunately Google is very unclear takes such a complex text.
I certainly understand that the DDL-1 is a mono delay. I am concerned that the splitting of the mixer is operating normally. Setting aside the problem of bug or not. My difficulty is that I do as a result of the mixer instead of a spider in my effects. And two Thors instead of one. It makes my tools are not as good.
REASON RESONANCES

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2016

Any audio feedback loop using back panel routing is going to introduce a comb effect due to a short 64 sample delay. All devices process audio in batches of 64 samples, so the output on your thor isn't going to show up on the inputs until the next 64 sample batch.

8cros

09 May 2016

rcbuse wrote:Any audio feedback loop using back panel routing is going to introduce a comb effect due to a short 64 sample delay. All devices process audio in batches of 64 samples, so the output on your thor isn't going to show up on the inputs until the next 64 sample batch.

Of course annoyed that delay appears when you connect the feedback loop. After all, I was not going to do a loop inside the Thor. I needed a single Thor for pre filter and after the external processing, the post chorus.
I realized that I would have to duplicate the Thor and the Spider for any loops outside them.
REASON RESONANCES

• Information