When purchasing Reason it would be nice if

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lov2sing

03 May 2016

I was thinking upon purchasing or up grading Reason it would be nice if they would allow one to choose 5 items for free that are not stock devices.

I would choose

1 synapse eq instead of M-class eq
2 change color of the mixer full channel strip
3 edit/automation button on the mixer that takes you to the sequencer
4 soul school 1 & 2 or bass refill
5 A list drums
We make music for a reason

Creativemind

03 May 2016

When a new version of Reason comes out, and I find it amazing and mind boggling they don't do this, why they don't give you a comprehensive list of all the new features and bug fixes etc on their site. They do sometimes but never always EVERYTHING so you have to go on forums and find out from other people unless you accidentally stumble upon something new or that has been changed / fixed.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dvdrtldg

04 May 2016

Lov2sing wrote:I was thinking upon purchasing or up grading Reason it would be nice if they would allow one to choose 5 items for free that are not stock devices.
They really should do this. But rather than five REs, I think it should be 20. Or a trolley dash through the Propellerhead shop. I actually think it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to send a cute Scandinavian chick around to every new customer's house for 2 hours of erotic massage. Maybe that cute blonde Danish journalist from Borgen. It's the least we deserve for our loyalty

CookieClimber

04 May 2016

This probably wouldn't work, since the RE's are not owned by Propellerhead, so if they gave them away, they would need permission from every single RE developer. PH is just providing the platform for developers to sell their work

The_G

04 May 2016

Maybe more realistic if they let you choose one Props-made device.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

GRIFTY

04 May 2016

IMO the most realistic and sensible approach would be to give a $50 or $100 shop credit. Allow consumers to choose how much they need, and entice them to spend a few extra bucks if their cart ends up being, say, 125 or 115 or something

CookieClimber

04 May 2016

GRIFTY wrote:IMO the most realistic and sensible approach would be to give a $50 or $100 shop credit. Allow consumers to choose how much they need, and entice them to spend a few extra bucks if their cart ends up being, say, 125 or 115 or something
And who would give the developers their pay? Where would the money come from?

You might as well lower the price for reason itself and say, "Hey, now you have money over for purchasing RE's". But then PH would not get their share. Someone loses their predicted income. If you cant make money developing RE's. Nobody will.

GRIFTY

05 May 2016

It would probably be worth the publicity alone. Rack extensions is no bustling enterprise with well paid developers. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if propellerhead declares bankruptcy and tanks at any point.

tibah

05 May 2016

Lov2sing wrote:I was thinking upon purchasing or up grading Reason it would be nice if they would allow one to choose 5 items for free that are not stock devices.

I would choose

5 A list drums
I'm kinda confused by the selection here, because of the mix of additional REs, ReFills and feature requests.

PH *should* permanently bundle some things to Reason forever. They kinda do that periodically. Which leads to the question, if Reason should be cheaper, considering just the stock devices, core features and the FSB. In different words, how would you ever purchase Reason directly from the PH shop, when there is 1. no deal (e.g. the recent 100€ off) 2. no content bundled (additional REs) 3. people selling it for way cheaper e.g. KVR market place.

Lov2sing

05 May 2016

tibah wrote:

I would choose

5 A list drums
I'm kinda confused by the selection here, because of the mix of additional REs, ReFills and feature requests.

PH *should* permanently bundle some things to Reason forever. They kinda do that periodically. Which leads to the question, if Reason should be cheaper, considering just the stock devices, core features and the FSB. In different words, how would you ever purchase Reason directly from the PH shop, when there is 1. no deal (e.g. the recent 100€ off) 2. no content bundled (additional REs) 3. people selling it for way cheaper e.g. KVR market place.
That is the whole point, that you choose the 5 items you need. I just added a laundry list of changes I like to see within the choices. As I see it, right now they make these massive bundle that I bought just about all those items anyway but I like to see a smaller bundle that has a price point ceiling and I choose what I need. If I could have anything of the choice of 5 that was available now it would be.

1. Cakewalk LA-2A (RE)
2. Synapse GQ-7 (RE)
3. Soul School (Refill)
4. A-List Drums (RE)
5. Art of Brushes 4 (Refill)
We make music for a reason

• Information