Midisport Uno freezing and interjecting non played notes at times

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
777funk

27 Apr 2016

I'm having some strange results with my new MIDI Sport Uno.

I'm using it on Win XP and Reason 3.0 with a Yamaha S30 (standard keyboard MIDI out) and getting some strange glitches. It'll stick on a note once in a while and also bangs out full velocity notes that aren't played at times.

This is unfortunate because I obviously can't use it in a production environment. Any ideas?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2016

I've been hitting my head against the wall as I did have something like this. I had quite a complex midi setup at one time with soft thrus and other things going on, my issue was with Reason 7 as I was also using advanced midi and the midi rack device, I did sort it out, just can't remember how.

Double check your drivers and midi cables (which I suspect you have already done).
Can you try another external midi device?

777funk

28 Apr 2016

I have an Echo AudioFire 8 I could try. I'll see what that does.

777funk

06 May 2016

Tried a different MIDI keyboard (Samson Carbon 49) with all else held constant and no more problems. Seems to be the UNO or the Yamaha Keyboard. Most likely the UNO though since I've used the Yamaha plugged into other midi devices (and my Echo AudioFire 8 without issues).

• Information