Parallel channels in the rack

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
selig
RE Developer

09 May 2016

Stranger. wrote:
guitfnky wrote:So, back to my original summation; a delay that would otherwise only be enough to cause phasing issues isn't going to perceptibly alter the timing of the actual performance.
Phase is really interesting actually in more than a nerdy way. :ugeek:
It occurs from interference of 2 or more mono analog or digital signals.They don't need to be replicates.
When in a space_in or outside- there will be a point in 3d,of measureable,and also perceived phase convergence.Just the point where everything 'meets' in terms of loudness and balance.
With music being recorded,your normally just dealing with 2 channels-- left n right-unless multitrack playback with accompany speaker system.
Having delay in left and right channels is more about time than it is space,because a 100% mono mix can be made,from more than 2 mono signals.
Phase needs 2 sources.
+1 except to add that there is such a thing as absolute phase, in which case you need only one source. One example would be an LFO with a phase offset control, or a polarity flip on an audio channel (though some would suggest you most likely would not be able to perceive this polarity flip on it's own as sounding any different than the reverse, but there are a few who claim otherwise.)
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Stranger.

09 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

guitfnky

09 May 2016

One thing I actually did try recently with phase was to try and emulate the sound of the coil tap (or coil split, I can't actually remember which is which, TBH) on my guitar, but minus the added noise. I love the sound of my coil tap/split with the pickup in the mid position, but the noise made it really difficult to use.

I made an exact duplicate of my non-tapped guitar track, including all RE settings (Amp and ART were all I think I used), being sure to copy all of the other settings, like pan, EQ, and channel dynamics as well. I flipped the phase on one, making it basically completely cancel out. On both of the ARTs, I had the Tape setting at full wet, and Transform cranked to the right; on the duplicate, I just cranked Transform all the way left, and the partial cancellation left me with the same sort of nice, shimmery, almost hollow sound that I was looking for.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

submonsterz

10 May 2016

by the way at Normen here your re seems to have a couple of minor bugs still to this day :(.
one it clicks when turning off and on but not if you hold mouse button and switch on off on off etc but a single click on and off causes mass popping/clicking.
and another silly one if you turn off your device it looses its display on turning it back on and you have to click the delay arrows any one in any direction to reactivate it.
not game killers but still bugs to me and annoying sometimes when automating turning off device etc.

normen

10 May 2016

submonsterz wrote:by the way at Normen here your re seems to have a couple of minor bugs still to this day :(.
one it clicks when turning off and on but not if you hold mouse button and switch on off on off etc but a single click on and off causes mass popping/clicking.
and another silly one if you turn off your device it looses its display on turning it back on and you have to click the delay arrows any one in any direction to reactivate it.
not game killers but still bugs to me and annoying sometimes when automating turning off device etc.
I know about the latter one but can't really reproduce the first, do you have some kind of demo combi or so?

Anyway I wanted to avoid updating it because that would make it incompatible with 6.5 as the Props updated the build server / removed support for the old 6.5 builds.

Loque

10 May 2016

guitfnky wrote:One thing I actually did try recently with phase was to try and emulate the sound of the coil tap (or coil split, I can't actually remember which is which, TBH) on my guitar, but minus the added noise. I love the sound of my coil tap/split with the pickup in the mid position, but the noise made it really difficult to use.

I made an exact duplicate of my non-tapped guitar track, including all RE settings (Amp and ART were all I think I used), being sure to copy all of the other settings, like pan, EQ, and channel dynamics as well. I flipped the phase on one, making it basically completely cancel out. On both of the ARTs, I had the Tape setting at full wet, and Transform cranked to the right; on the duplicate, I just cranked Transform all the way left, and the partial cancellation left me with the same sort of nice, shimmery, almost hollow sound that I was looking for.
Interesting idea... I will try this...
Reason12, Win10

Stranger.

10 May 2016

ΣΣΣ

normen

10 May 2016

Stranger. wrote:@ normen-- yep_ these new re updates and bug fixes are seemingly not being applied to 6.5 users.
This is not helpfull if bugs are fixed for 'newer and upgraded users',while older versions do NOT get them fixes.
Hm, are you saying the 6.5 version would be still available for 6.5 users? From what I understand it would be "overwritten" and 6.5 users can't re-install the RE. Of course if they have it installed already that would just stay so but they can't install it again afaik.

Stranger.

10 May 2016

ΣΣΣ

normen

10 May 2016

Stranger. wrote:Soz for going off-topic here...
I'm just pointing out that previous sdk users are seemingly not getting support or any fixes now... Is that correct from your point of view normen?
I can't supply updates for 6.5, no.

Stranger.

10 May 2016

ΣΣΣ

• Information