Who will upgrade to Reason 9 the day it's released and what new features do you think will be included?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yonatan

06 May 2016

avasopht wrote:I remember back when Propellerhead used to communicate more with the community, and the response: vitriol and accusations of lying.

Some people are happy to continue communicating to people in that type of environment but some will find it invalidates the purpose. Suffice to say, the same ones who complain there's not enough communication also complained that what was said were lies, ergo, ...

If there's been no update there are three possibilities:

1. They're working on features that take a lot of time
2. They're developing lots of little features that will be released together (for whatever reason)
3. They're sipping margaritas

Obviously it's not #3, so either way we'll see something worthwhile, or maybe there's a 4th alternative, that reason is undergoing an overhaul.

Oh and there are practical reasons not to discuss plans, and that's because plans change. You can spend a year developing a technology that you either find out does not work well or just evolves (for the better) and you receive a backlash for creating expectations that will not be fulfilled.

#4 PH could be busy with other things around RE:s handling as well as some new product and apps with another name or whatever. Not guaranteed that PH put that much focus on progressing Reason, as we would like them to. We all know they dont sip margaritas and doing nothing, but how much focus is put on Reason? Is core development put in now and then and at a low rate, compared to other activities? Who knows. But getting no hints or info, and no 8.4, no folders or little improvement that could well be implemented faster than waiting on a whole new upgrade.

Communication for me does not have to be personal "Hey all How do you do!?" And then get rotten tomatoes thrown by some ppl.
But it could be just signs on the way. A pic on the blog and a brief general reflection. All TV series keep the fans anticipated like this.
Dont have to be that much, just frequently things. Bringing in a little update now and then, to keep us in a good mood.
Give us some snacks while waiting on the main dish! ;) Hungry guests is not a good thing for creating a good party.

Creativemind

06 May 2016

No, I will wait till the next day :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

avasopht
Competition Winner

06 May 2016

Thing is things change. Remember Bitwigs announcements, ...

Personally I do on some level desire more communication and it has made it more difficult to commit to fully in some areas because I don't know what vision in aligning with, so I've taken the Take It Or Leave It approach, and currently Reason fulfills my needs, I feel no need to migrate but there's no predicting how much things could change and what new players may rise from the woodworks.

tiker01

06 May 2016

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

gak

07 May 2016

Ancient history! It was "a list" drummer. They are not releasing a new reason version until donald trump is elected. It will be called "anti reason"

• Information