Who will upgrade to Reason 9 the day it's released and what new features do you think will be included?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

07 Apr 2016

Just wondering how many will be upgrading to Reason 9 the day it's released. I see a lot of people talking about Ableton and Studio One.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Marc64

07 Apr 2016

I am stil on R7 due to I dont have money to upgrade yet but I would upgrade to 9 and I wish for a granual synth like padshop pro and video support. I dont need to switch to ableton live or anything else , I dont see how that will make my music better... there are just some fancy vst synth and effects but I dont care.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

decibel

07 Apr 2016

i like the RV7000 mk2, but not for $129 :) lol, hopefully R9 is coming packed with some juicy new stuff that takes reason to the next level for its dedicated user base, if they do i'll will be purchasing it on the day of its release for sure :) lets hope they make some huge leaps forward with he sdk soon so that we can see some next level rack extensions emerge etc.

Karim
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2016

I feel a love and hate for Reason .. But I have completed and sold more than 3000 songs thanks to it ..
Just after the promotional video. I admit that the Props gave us updates with the dropper. but I can not live without the drag and drop of reason 8 and certainly appreciate the new features (however few) of R9
Just I cease to see the promotional video I'll be convinced and instant bought!
mreese80 wrote:Just wondering how many will be upgrading to Reason 9 the day it's released. I see a lot of people talking about Ableton and Studio One.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

craven

07 Apr 2016

I hope that blocks will get a serious update. At least an update should allow for blocks in parallel. Although, I understand that this might bear some difficulties to implement, e.g. when parallel blocks use the same tracks.In the end, it's the users responsibility to avoid that. Not sure if Props want users to have this much responsibility ;)
:ugeek:

avasopht
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2016

Reason 4 till the end!!

mreese80

07 Apr 2016

Skybot wrote:I'm still on R7 but of course, when the time comes, i will look what R9 will have to offer and then i will decide.

But i must admit i'm more and more into Ableton Live and NI Maschine, i use Reason rarely these days. That's why it's highly unlikely that i will upgrade, so R7 is probably my last version. But never say never.

:)
I don't even use Reason anymore. I'm on 8.3.2 but it's pretty much useless. I use akai mpc software and Ableton. Reason is always behind in my opinion. It had so much potential but props doesn't listen to the people.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

07 Apr 2016

avasopht wrote:Reason 4 till the end!!

you could move up to version 5 and have the Kong lol

avasopht
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2016

mreese80 wrote:
avasopht wrote:Reason 4 till the end!!

you could move up to version 5 and have the Kong lol
I have Reason 8, but I'm Reason 4 till I die!

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Apr 2016

I will upgrade whatever there is in it just because 9 > 8.
$130 is not much money i think.
My brother uses Ableton Live and sends his projects to me so I have it, but don't feel like using it myself.

boobytrap

12 Apr 2016

definitely automation curves or I'm staying with R8. anyway I can't really imagine about features of R9. coz things around PH going really Slow. extremely slow. they can also improve the workflow. and that's it. this will end up like windows 10.

Current version is so better and there is nothing Must need things exact automation curves
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

mreese80

17 Apr 2016

boobytrap wrote:definitely automation curves or I'm staying with R8. anyway I can't really imagine about features of R9. coz things around PH going really Slow. extremely slow. they can also improve the workflow. and that's it. this will end up like windows 10.

Current version is so better and there is nothing Must need things exact automation curves
They are super slow. they are so behind. i wont be upgrading. They need to update their audio slicing. We also need real time audio slicing. I could go on forever about what they need to update and add to reason but i'll pass. I can do all i want to in Akai Software and Ableton but i've always loved the flow of reason. they just don't listen to us (the people) imo. No need for me to continue paying for something that isn't advancing.

Gaja

17 Apr 2016

Just to play devil's advocate: they have been listening all along. They added the the frequency analyzer (which people were raving about), busses, midi out, third party plugins, faster browser, audio quantize, edit midi notes from the left side, drag and drop... all these were much requested features back in the puf and here too, so to say they don't listen to their users is quite a bit of a stretch. They don't jump at the snap of your fingers, probably because they are working on someting else. Yes they are "slow" depending on what pace you would think is proper. I'm actually wuite content with what I've got and I know anticipating a version that is not yet announced is quite exhausting and leads to great disappointment usually.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

platzangst

17 Apr 2016

I will probably upgrade. Maybe not right on The Day, but probably within the month or two, assuming pricing follows along the past trends. But with Line 6 going out, this will probably be the moment where I start having two full installations of Reason on my computer, one being an 8.3 legacy install just in case I need to access the Line 6 amps on older projects.

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2016

mreese80 wrote:Just wondering how many will be upgrading to Reason 9 the day it's released. I see a lot of people talking about Ableton and Studio One.
I ever update day ones ![emoji8]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

The Tone Ranger

17 Apr 2016

I'll update on day one if there's something I must have. I have absolutely no idea what that is, I don't feel like I'm missing anything in 8.3.

Ahornberg

17 Apr 2016

actually there are so many rack extensions I havn't even tried ...

Gulale

17 Apr 2016

Gaja wrote:Just to play devil's advocate: they have been listening all along. They added the the frequency analyzer (which people were raving about), busses, midi out, third party plugins, faster browser, audio quantize, edit midi notes from the left side, drag and drop... all these were much requested features back in the puf and here too, so to say they don't listen to their users is quite a bit of a stretch. They don't jump at the snap of your fingers, probably because they are working on someting else. Yes they are "slow" depending on what pace you would think is proper. I'm actually wuite content with what I've got and I know anticipating a version that is not yet announced is quite exhausting and leads to great disappointment usually.
Third party plugins doesn't count Gaja. It is like Harrison Mixbus not supporting VST and AU then asking developers to port their code to LV2 and charge us cash by calling it XT Harrison. Call me when they support VST and AU. I don't even need that stupid CV to compress a signal I have bought over three thousand dollar of waves and I need to use it without fiddling with soundfower. Compare Reason and studio one side bay side and tell me if they are listening to us. Man after asking Propellerheads day and night from over 6 years for a better reverb they just got it right this year. 6 years late to the party and request. Now the technology has gone to Fusion IR which I don't know what the heck is this but it sounds great. You can check liquid sonics Reverberate and the quality eats Reason IR loader for launch. You won't even count it as an upgrade. Too late

That being said If the upgrade is interesting I will get it. I doubt that. The darker GUI by itself is important I don't wanna go to the doctor every month.
Gulale aka Bereket

The_G

17 Apr 2016

I'm using 7, and am waiting for 9 to upgrade. So I'll do it early.

In terms of features...hmm. I expect there will be a new synth or a MK2 for one of the existing synths (I actually wouldn't be shocked if Props just bundled PX7 with Reason 9). There could be a proper drum synth too, and I definitely expect another "creative" effect. Finally, there are certain to be new features for audio.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

pjeudy

17 Apr 2016

Feels like Déjà vu, reading the thread title, People are thirsty as heck for a new REASON. I'm also interested at a potential R9

Well Reason 9 I will assume wont be coming about anytime soon. And since a REASON 9 to me would indicate a significant update...then I hope to get it as soon as possible. But that decision will also be linked to the second part of your question about the new features!

Now that some Propellerheads developer are freed from there bondage called Allihoopa, let's see if they lost there Mojo. REASON needs a shit load of workflow improvements that are standards on other DAW, and I don't care for Props to copy and paste what other DAW have...BUT if they work and makes sense then yea...Props needs to revamp there sequencer area/Browser/ Mixer and edit window BIG TIME

And oh yes the SDK needs a kick in the butt also.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tiker01

17 Apr 2016

Everybody on version 7 should get 8 right after 9 is announced so they get 8 as well which will be the last version with the Line6 amps! Also you can learn the new browser which needs time to adopt to.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Ahornberg

17 Apr 2016

tiker01 wrote:Everybody on version 7 should get 8 right after 9 is announced so they get 8 as well which will be the last version with the Line6 amps! Also you can learn the new browser which needs time to adopt to.
So if I stay on version 8 I will not loose Line6?

mreese80

17 Apr 2016

tiker01 wrote:Everybody on version 7 should get 8 right after 9 is announced so they get 8 as well which will be the last version with the Line6 amps! Also you can learn the new browser which needs time to adopt to.
i actually like the browser. it could be a little better but that was never a problem for me. i never used the line 6 amps so its not going to affect me with them gone but everybody else seems to use them.

mreese80

17 Apr 2016

pjeudy wrote:Feels like Déjà vu, reading the thread title, People are thirsty as heck for a new REASON. I'm also interested at a potential R9

Well Reason 9 I will assume wont be coming about anytime soon. And since a REASON 9 to me would indicate a significant update...then I hope to get it as soon as possible. But that decision will also be linked to the second part of your question about the new features!

Now that some Propellerheads developer are freed from there bondage called Allihoopa, let's see if they lost there Mojo. REASON needs a shit load of workflow improvements that are standards on other DAW, and I don't care for Props to copy and paste what other DAW have...BUT if they work and makes sense then yea...Props needs to revamp there sequencer area/Browser/ Mixer and edit window BIG TIME

And oh yes the SDK needs a kick in the butt also.
if they added the features i really want to see in reason it could be an 8.4 update. All i want now really is real time audio slicing, switchable banks for the kong and the zooming needs to be majorly improved. i would also like to be able to map the loop markers to a knob on my keyboard so i can adjust them easier. i gave up on wanting vsts pretty much. i can drag & drop from my daws straight into reason so i'm good now. It's the little things. I agree with everything you've said so though.

• Information