SSL Stem Export - FX on tracks

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JoshC1

10 Mar 2016

Hey guys. Is there any way to export all SSL mixer channels with all send FX printed to each individual track, rather than Reason exporting the separate fx stems. Obviously I know this is possible by soloing an exporting each channel one at a time but this is very time consuming with 60 or so tracks

normen

10 Mar 2016

JoshC1 wrote:Hey guys. Is there any way to export all SSL mixer channels with all send FX printed to each individual track, rather than Reason exporting the separate fx stems. Obviously I know this is possible by soloing an exporting each channel one at a time but this is very time consuming with 60 or so tracks
If you have multiple tracks going to that send the result will be different than what you hear when playing it all together. If you don't juts make them insert effects.

Ronin

10 Mar 2016

You cant sadly. It really would be a helpful feature...

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2016

Inserts will be printed, sends have no sense to be printed on unique tracks, due to the return being a result of the summed channels.
Moreover, the returns are fed to the master bus, and never get into the original channel.

Ahornberg

12 Mar 2016

JoshC1 wrote:Hey guys. Is there any way to export all SSL mixer channels with all send FX printed to each individual track, rather than Reason exporting the separate fx stems. Obviously I know this is possible by soloing an exporting each channel one at a time but this is very time consuming with 60 or so tracks
Why would you like to do that? What do you want to do with 60 exported stems?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
Stems are important to send stuff to other mix engineers, and specially when they intend to work on other DAW's.
Reason really excels at consolidating and sending stems out, really quick.
It is also a very streamlined way to do it, because, even after having mixed a song with the mixer dynamics and EQ's, inserts, sends, master effects, and master bus compressor, reason allows you to "tap in" any (logical) place of the audio path and get it out (with effects, pre fader or completely dry). Additionally it also exports the send effects, in case one wishes to use them on the other daw, and the final master for a reference.

This is done in File->Bounce Mixer Channels.

JoshC1

16 Mar 2016

Thanks for explaining mcatalao.

Ronin

16 Mar 2016

mcatalao wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Stems are important to send stuff to other mix engineers, and specially when they intend to work on other DAW's.
Reason really excels at consolidating and sending stems out, really quick.
It is also a very streamlined way to do it, because, even after having mixed a song with the mixer dynamics and EQ's, inserts, sends, master effects, and master bus compressor, reason allows you to "tap in" any (logical) place of the audio path and get it out (with effects, pre fader or completely dry). Additionally it also exports the send effects, in case one wishes to use them on the other daw, and the final master for a reference.

This is done in File->Bounce Mixer Channels.
But you still can't do what he is asking for:
Send effect returns in the bounce with the instrument channel. Not separate.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2016

I didn't say i could, i was answering to Ahornberg's question about the uses of stemming stuff out of reason.

Nonetheless, i already explained there is not any logic to do what JoshC1 wants because that does not have a thing to do with the concept of a send/return and exporting or stemming audio in any daw will work under the rules of the mixer's audio flow. I really doubt (and i stress this: with current send and return matrixes) that there is one DAW that allows what he wants.
The only ways i see this, is exporting track by track trough the master and i don't think the result will be exactly the same, or transform every send in a insert effect on every channel, as Normen said (and in the meanwhile, pray the cpu can handle that amount of devices and dsp processing).

• Information