Is it possible to sync browse lists between computers?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tobypearce

08 Mar 2016

Hello,

I use Reason on two different computers.

I love the browser in Reason 8. It's great to be able to have links to my favourite drums, or refill patches I want to explore further.

Is there a way to sync browser settings so that the same list populates on both computers? (Or a way to export the settings from one to other on a periodic basis?) Samples and folder structure is the same on both computers so any shortcuts should resolve just fine.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

platzangst

09 Mar 2016

Unless I'm mistaken, the info for that stuff is contained in little files with .favo or .popular extensions located here (assuming you have a recent-vintage Windows computer):

C:\Users\[your account name]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason

But I've never tried transferring such a file from one computer's Reason install to another, so mess with that stuff at your own risk. As far as an automatic sync for two Reason installs, I've never heard of such a thing. I imagine the default assumption would be that two computers would rarely have exactly the identical set-up, if ever.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

09 Mar 2016

Anything in the Reason AppData folder should be fine. Take a backup of that folder first on the target machine, so you can quickly restore it if there is an issue, then just replace all the .popular, .favo, and even "Reason Preferences.prf" which contains your Reason startup prefs.

I have a backup of that prf as sometimes it can get overwritten by the default if Reason does crash (it does happen ;) )

I wouldn't mess with .cache or .part files that are located elsewhere, and are related to the Reason installation.

selig
RE Developer

09 Mar 2016

Yes, and you can even share multiple favorites files among collaborators to make finding specific patches easier.
Selig Audio, LLC

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2017

I would like to do the same thing, do you know if the two disks where the patches and refills are needs to be named the same? Is this trick still valid??? Didi the OP had any success in doing this???

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2017

selig wrote:
09 Mar 2016
Yes, and you can even share multiple favorites files among collaborators to make finding specific patches easier.
How!!???!?/?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

• Information