REs and Refills for Hip-Hop (boom-bap/golden era)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dustmoses

03 Mar 2016

I'm looking for solid REs and Refills for Hip-Hop of the 90s sampled variety.

Here's what I've got for REs

Synth REs:
Snakebite
Tres Mono
A-series 1 and 2
Parsec
Nautilus
Antidote

I don't need any synths, I've got enough and I don't use those for this style, besides bass.

Effects REs:
Rough rider
Decimort2
Etch Filter
Glitch
Saturation knob
Synapse-AF4 Filter

Other REs:
Pulsar
Autotheory

For REs I'm looking for another EQ, another compressor, maybe some real-ish instruments like radical keys type stuff. Also stuff to degrade audio, but decimort and audiomatic do that very well. Preferably not in a bundle, I don't want to spend money twice and probably will end up with at the very least mix and master.

I guess the "not in bundle" is gonna exlude a bunch of stuff

For refills I'm looking for loops and hits that sound like they're off a records and solid, mostly unprocessed drum kits.

The best I've found are E-lab Smokers Delight and Relight which I couldn't find outside craigslist. If you've heard these you know what I'm talking about.

Goldbaby's urban cookbooks look cool, anyone wanna rank them for hip-hop? The ghetto drum samplers looks kinda neat too.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm not having an easy time figuring this stuff out. Although much of the time I make my own drum kits and cut stuff off records anyway.

Neko the Jaguar

03 Mar 2016

Get GSX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goriila Texas

03 Mar 2016

dustmoses wrote:I'm looking for solid REs and Refills for Hip-Hop of the 90s sampled variety.

Here's what I've got for REs

Synth REs:
Snakebite
Tres Mono
A-series 1 and 2
Parsec
Nautilus
Antidote

I don't need any synths, I've got enough and I don't use those for this style, besides bass.

Effects REs:
Rough rider
Decimort2
Etch Filter
Glitch
Saturation knob
Synapse-AF4 Filter

Other REs:
Pulsar
Autotheory

For REs I'm looking for another EQ, another compressor, maybe some real-ish instruments like radical keys type stuff. Also stuff to degrade audio, but decimort and audiomatic do that very well. Preferably not in a bundle, I don't want to spend money twice and probably will end up with at the very least mix and master.

I guess the "not in bundle" is gonna exlude a bunch of stuff

For refills I'm looking for loops and hits that sound like they're off a records and solid, mostly unprocessed drum kits.

The best I've found are E-lab Smokers Delight and Relight which I couldn't find outside craigslist. If you've heard these you know what I'm talking about.

Goldbaby's urban cookbooks look cool, anyone wanna rank them for hip-hop? The ghetto drum samplers looks kinda neat too.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm not having an easy time figuring this stuff out. Although much of the time I make my own drum kits and cut stuff off records anyway.
I have smokers delight but have never used it because on the box in writing it say something about not being able to use in works in so many words if im recalling right so I never used it. I have had it for about 8-10 years i think. I get a lot of NY people suggesting I do boom bap drums on my soul melodies so I too am looking for boom bap drums.

Goriila Texas

03 Mar 2016

Let me go check smokers delight again.

Just checked and it says the demo songs can't be use not samples my bad.

• Information