Is Reason rewired supposed to eat up Ableton CPU?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
alexfsu

01 Mar 2016

I've been back and forth with Ableton but they have no idea. When I start routing stuff into Ableton thru external instruments and rewire, my project becomes unplayable. Is Reason supposed to be very CPU hungry when rewired into Ableton?

The Tone Ranger

01 Mar 2016

Well you have two programs running so obviously it's going to use more resources.

Skullture

01 Mar 2016

alexfsu wrote:I've been back and forth with Ableton but they have no idea. When I start routing stuff into Ableton thru external instruments and rewire, my project becomes unplayable. Is Reason supposed to be very CPU hungry when rewired into Ableton?
What versions are you using? I'm still on Ableton 7 + Reason 8, but it's running fine (Reason 8 is the CPU hog though)..

alexfsu

01 Mar 2016

Ableton 9, Reason 8. Wait so Reason 8 is a CPU hog? A Thor and a Subtractor will tack on an extra 30% Ableton CPU, just seems odd to me, I thought Reason to be notoriously light on CPU.

jam-s

01 Mar 2016

I think, reason goes into single thread mode (for audio rendering) while being rewired. This might be the problem here.

• Information