Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
adfielding

16 Mar 2016

Just a quick reminder that this is on again tonight at 7pm GMT. I'm still planning on going ahead with a sort of Q&A type thing, I might talk a bit about how I got started with writing music using computers and demonstrate some stuff as I'll still be sat at my computer. My intention is for it to be a bit more relaxed and free-form.

Hope to see some of you there! :)
http://twitch.tv/adfielding

adfielding

17 Mar 2016

Thanks to everyone who popped by! The stream is now on Youtube, though I think this one in particular really benefitted from having a live chat running during the stream.

(also, somewhat hilariously, I've had two copyright claims filed against me on Youtube for this - both for songs used in the video that I wrote and still own full master and publishing rights for... but not the song by someone else I used towards the start. Wut)

tibah

17 Mar 2016

Thanks again for the stream Adam! This was my first time actually participating, not only re-watching it. Brings back some good memories of MMM. Little cut in the ending, because of the time limit I assume, but great chat nonetheless. Maybe, one stream every month should be exactly like that! ;) Otherwise, I still suggest a rework of Enigmatic! :puf_bigsmile:

zeebot

18 Mar 2016

Finally got the time to watch this episode. Really interesting hearing where your music creating inspirations came from. Weird how we all come from different backgrounds into reason. Made me laugh about floppy discs and early audio. I remember I waited over an hour at college to download one single handclap sample on dialup..those were the days :)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

artotaku

19 Mar 2016

Adam, thank you very much for doing these live streams and posting them afterwards on your youtube channel.
I couldn´t make it to participate but I enjoyed watching them afterwards and learnt something.

Also, thanks for providing the Reason project files. It was damn easy to get them working even without owning some of the REs.
I think the RE format makes it very easy to replace missing REs and apply the automation lanes to other REs.
Don´t know if this is that easy in other DAWs if project files are shared and VSTs are missing.

adfielding

21 Mar 2016

tibah wrote:Thanks again for the stream Adam! This was my first time actually participating, not only re-watching it. Brings back some good memories of MMM. Little cut in the ending, because of the time limit I assume, but great chat nonetheless. Maybe, one stream every month should be exactly like that! ;) Otherwise, I still suggest a rework of Enigmatic! :puf_bigsmile:
Cheers for coming along! I feel like you picked a good session to jump in on, I think this stream in particular really benefited from people telling me what to check out and talk about so I'm glad you could make it! Definitely something I'd love to do again, I'm still playing around with format ideas but so far I think music making, dissection, and talky sessions are going to be a regular thing :) I'd love to do a live remake of an old song as well, right now I'm torn between Enigmatic and Contact but we'll see how it goes.
zeebot wrote:Finally got the time to watch this episode. Really interesting hearing where your music creating inspirations came from. Weird how we all come from different backgrounds into reason. Made me laugh about floppy discs and early audio. I remember I waited over an hour at college to download one single handclap sample on dialup..those were the days :)
Hoo boy, haha yeah - I got a pretty strong nostalgia pang during that stream but, yeah, bring floppy discs home from school was a pain the arse! It's hilarious to me that I can now download a full album in under a minute, but transferring tracker tunes from school took a fair bit of effort in comparison. Who am I kidding, I loved it really.
artotaku wrote:Adam, thank you very much for doing these live streams and posting them afterwards on your youtube channel.
I couldn´t make it to participate but I enjoyed watching them afterwards and learnt something.

Also, thanks for providing the Reason project files. It was damn easy to get them working even without owning some of the REs.
I think the RE format makes it very easy to replace missing REs and apply the automation lanes to other REs.
Don´t know if this is that easy in other DAWs if project files are shared and VSTs are missing.
No problem! In my experience, dealing with missing VSTs can be a pain but not as much of a pain as using a newer VST version in place of an older one - that can cause all kinds of fun problems, which isn't particularly handy for opening old archived tracks. It was fun to be able to dive into the vaults during my last stream without worrying about missing plug-ins, though I was missing a Refill for one of the tracks - it's probably still around somewhere but didn't fancy rooting around for it in the middle of a stream haha. Thanks for checking it out!

adfielding

23 Mar 2016

There's no live-stream tonight, but I'm still planning on doing another one next Wednesday :)

adfielding

30 Mar 2016

No stream tonight - not because of anything that's been going on lately or anything like that, but because I... uhh... forgot.

I'll be doing something next week, for sure :)

Leighbeater

30 Mar 2016

adfielding wrote:No stream tonight - not because of anything that's been going on lately or anything like that, but because I... uhh... forgot.

how dare you forget us!! :D

enjoy your videos keep them coming

adfielding

02 Apr 2016

Leighbeater wrote:
adfielding wrote:No stream tonight - not because of anything that's been going on lately or anything like that, but because I... uhh... forgot.

how dare you forget us!! :D

enjoy your videos keep them coming
Haha, sorry about that. It's been a busy couple of weeks ;)

adfielding

02 Apr 2016

Right! I'll be doing another stream on the 6th April, it'll probably be another music-making session but I'm still undecided because I'm fickle like that :) I imagine I'll be talking a bit about this new album I've got coming out soon as well because I'm a bit excited about that.

It'll be at 7pm GMT again, which is 8pm UK time due to the clocks going forward an hour over here recently and I'm a sucker for consistency.

Hope to see some of you there!

adfielding

06 Apr 2016

Cheeky bump/reminder: I'll be doing a music-making session again tonight, 7pm GMT (8pm UK time) :)

tiker01

06 Apr 2016

Perhaps you could do something out of your comfort zone. What about something faster like 174 bpm ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

craven

06 Apr 2016

oh nice, another stream today! Will check it out. Cheers!
:ugeek:

adfielding

06 Apr 2016

tiker01 wrote:Perhaps you could do something out of your comfort zone. What about something faster like 174 bpm ;)
Haha, I'm hoping to try something a little more upbeat but probably not pushing quite that fast ;)
craven wrote:oh nice, another stream today! Will check it out. Cheers!
Awesome, see you then! :D

alex

06 Apr 2016

I can only watch your streams during we, so personally I look forward for the youtube version.
That being said, is good to see you streaming again! :thumbs_up:
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

adfielding

07 Apr 2016

Thanks a lot to everyone who checked out the stream! The tune from the stream is up now, and I'm currently uploading it to Youtube. Hopefully I won't get any copyright notices for using my own creations this time around :)

Here's the tune on Allihoopa & Soundcloud, if you fancy a listen. I quite like how it turned out!
https://allihoopa.com/s/T3NZy9gq

edit: here's the archived stream.

edit edit: here are the mix changes I made this morning, nothing major... again, took literally about 5 minutes.
Boosted master output
Removed additional kick at start
Notched open hat
Added LFO to Antidote pad to pan round
Added LP Filter automation to Antidote pad first chords
Boosted Rhodes channel

ahs

09 Apr 2016

hi adam. can u plaese make a live stream about electro swing ?

adfielding

10 Apr 2016

ahs wrote:hi adam. can u plaese make a live stream about electro swing ?
Erm... being as I have zero experience with producing electro swing - and that I just had to look up what it was - probably not ;)

adfielding

11 Apr 2016

Sorry for the delay - I just heard back from Wave Alchemy about using their drum samples in the project file for last week's stream, and they're totally cool with me sharing it. So... here's the project file!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/986 ... ing.reason

As always, this requires Reason 8 and you may be missing Rack Extensions.

edit: Oh! And I'll be doing another stream this Wednesday (13th), 7pm BST/6pm GMT. Check the first post for details :)

aftrshok99

11 Apr 2016

Looking forward to your next stream!!!

Also, thanks for mentioning this forum in your last stream, otherwise I would of never looked for it or even known about it. Since I quit using Reason just before PH closed their forum I wasn't sure where to go forum wise, now that I have Reason in my hands again.
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

13 Apr 2016

aftrshok99 wrote:Looking forward to your next stream!!!

Also, thanks for mentioning this forum in your last stream, otherwise I would of never looked for it or even known about it. Since I quit using Reason just before PH closed their forum I wasn't sure where to go forum wise, now that I have Reason in my hands again.
No prob, thanks for coming along! Glad to have directed you towards the forum :)

Also, just a quick reminder for anyone who might happen to read this - I'll be on again tonight, 7pm BST/6pm GMT. I'll be looking at older versions of Reason in my handy VM, and I'll be open for questions... so a bit of a Q&A-meets-Reason History lesson :) Hope to see some of you there!

ahs

13 Apr 2016

that mean 0800 pm in germany !?

adfielding

13 Apr 2016

ahs wrote:that mean 0800 pm in germany !?
I believe so ;)

Also thanks to everyone who came along! Bit of a different one, for sure. I'll try and post it to Youtube tomorrow.

adfielding

14 Apr 2016

So, hey! I won't be archiving last night's live-stream on Youtube - or any other live-streams that aren't music-making sessions.

I woke up this morning to another two copyright notices in my inbox - I'd set the video from last night to upload to Youtube overnight, and set it to private so I could sort out the video information when I woke up today and (in theory) make it public for all to view. So - the long and short of it? I ended up with two copyright notices on a video I HADN'T EVEN MADE PUBLIC YET.

If you happened to be watching last night, you'll know I was pretty careful not to play anything that would flag the ContentID system. I wanted to show off a track of mine called "Wildfire" but had to skirt around it a bit. That wasn't flagged (thank God), but still - apparently I didn't do a good enough job.

As it turns out, some enterprising soul (or "piece of shit", whichever you prefer) decided to take the Reason 2 demo song (which I played during the video), recorded some vocals over the top, and released it under their own name. This video was flagged, and I can't make my stream available publicly on Youtube without removing the demo song from the archived version. I'm not doing that. On top of that, someone else claimed copyright on the "tutorial song" from Reason 2 (which I also showed off). I haven't confirmed this yet, but it seems that they took the tutorial song and released it under their own name. I have no idea if Propellerhead are aware of this or not.

Basically: I'm sick of dealing with this crap every time I show stuff off during my streams. I'm sick of worrying about what I can and cannot play. As such, I'm going to stop archiving my non-music making session streams on Youtube. All of my streams will still be available to view on Twitch for up to two weeks after broadcast, but I'm not going to deal with this crap every other week. I've had five copyright notices filed against me so far, and all of them have been bogus. It's a hassle that I don't need.

All I can offer are my apologies to anyone who would have wanted me to archive this stuff, and a hearty "fuck you" to Youtube for their shitty ContentID system that penalises legitimate users.

• Information