When Do You Think We Will See Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Soft Enerji

17 Mar 2016

I'm more than happy with Reason 8.........I might not bother with 9..........

chimp_spanner

17 Mar 2016

Did anyone see that picture on PH's Instagram the other day? It was a picture of them all beavering away on their laptops...I don't know if it was supposed to hype us up like "we're working on something". But hopefully it wasn't just Alihoopa ;)

riemac

17 Mar 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Did anyone see that picture on PH's Instagram the other day? It was a picture of them all beavering away on their laptops...I don't know if it was supposed to hype us up like "we're working on something". But hopefully it wasn't just Alihoopa ;)
No, it isn't Alihoopa. They said "in Reason this time". So it has to be an Reason update. The question is, 8.4 or 9.0?

chimp_spanner

18 Mar 2016

riemac wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Did anyone see that picture on PH's Instagram the other day? It was a picture of them all beavering away on their laptops...I don't know if it was supposed to hype us up like "we're working on something". But hopefully it wasn't just Alihoopa ;)
No, it isn't Alihoopa. They said "in Reason this time". So it has to be an Reason update. The question is, 8.4 or 9.0?
Oooooh. I'd better stop buying iOS music apps for a while then so I have enough money to upgrade just in case haha.

Gulale

18 Mar 2016

Soft Enerji wrote:I'm more than happy with Reason 8.........I might not bother with 9..........
Nooooooo I can't believe you said that. Who would prefer the bright eye killing GUI over The Real SSL GUI like Waves G Channel. Me I prefer darker GUI and that by itself will force you to upgrade. I'm sure you will find Reason 8 looks to be 1998 DAW. In fact I will see if you are not the number one to upgrade your version.
Gulale aka Bereket

Creativemind

18 Mar 2016

Gulale wrote:
Soft Enerji wrote:I'm more than happy with Reason 8.........I might not bother with 9..........
Nooooooo I can't believe you said that. Who would prefer the bright eye killing GUI over The Real SSL GUI like Waves G Channel. Me I prefer darker GUI and that by itself will force you to upgrade. I'm sure you will find Reason 8 looks to be 1998 DAW. In fact I will see if you are not the number one to upgrade your version.
Yeah I wish they'd make the SSL look better. The Waves SSL looks amazing. Makes the lights look like lights on it as well.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dreampolice

18 Mar 2016

But.... the waves is a model of a different SSL mixer. The props one looks pretty close to the one they modeled.

pjeudy

18 Mar 2016

From Tage Widsell @ Propellerhead:
Friday afternoon is when we get to jam with new things. In Reason this time.
Attachments
IMG_20160318_101841.jpg
IMG_20160318_101841.jpg (419.84 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Gulale

18 Mar 2016

Are they Chatting inside Reason Talk with us?
Gulale aka Bereket

ClassickHitz

18 Mar 2016

Since the original release of R8 put me in a holding pattern I can legitimately say whatever new additions being added to R9 should pose a win win for me.

The only reason I haven't upgraded as yet is solely due to the new release announcement I feel is coming really soon. I've waited this long, might as well keep still and be patient just a bit longer.

Essentially I'll be getting two upgrades for the price of one at $129USD. Unless Props changes their upgrade business model :puf_bigsmile:

pjeudy

18 Mar 2016

Gulale wrote:Are they Chatting inside Reason Talk with us?
No
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Gulale

18 Mar 2016

dreampolice wrote:But.... the waves is a model of a different SSL mixer. The props one looks pretty close to the one they modeled.
Reason is no way close to the real thing. It is plain white paper.

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/resour ... kmain1.jpg
Gulale aka Bereket

Mystile

18 Mar 2016

from the props picture there are 3 things that look like they could be setup in the picture,

the magazine that says Viking Line...seems relate-able to thor
the random pink flamingo
the fact that he's touching the screen as the picture is being taken

pjeudy

18 Mar 2016

Yea....Reason Mixer looks like sn SSL, has an SSL routing and even it's dynamic section models an SSL 9k parameters..... but Propellerhead didn't model the sonic characteristics of an SSL desk that can plays a part in saying "I mixed my tack on an SSL virtual desk"

Waves and other developer say that they took that extra step In capturing that aspect of the SSL emulation.

Skrock
RE Developer

18 Mar 2016

Mystile wrote:from the props picture there are 3 things that look like they could be setup in the picture,

the magazine that says Viking Line...seems relate-able to thor
the random pink flamingo
the fact that he's touching the screen as the picture is being taken
Viking Line is a shipping company, looks like a regular advert on a magazine.

Perhaps they are collaborating together on a network in reason, that be cool. Always wanted that.
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

joeyluck

18 Mar 2016

pjeudy wrote:Yea....Reason Mixer looks like sn SSL, has an SSL routing and even it's dynamic section models an SSL 9k parameters..... but Propellerhead didn't model the sonic characteristics of an SSL desk that can plays a part in saying "I mixed my tack on an SSL virtual desk"

Waves and other developer say that they took that extra step In capturing that aspect of the SSL emulation.
Huh?
So, since Waves supposedly said they "took that extra step" that means they did it?

In that case, Propellerhead says this of Reason's Mixer:

"Faithfully modeled after the famous SSL 9000k"

ReasonUser

18 Mar 2016

A Friday announcement would go along with my previous prediction of April 1st...

dioxide

18 Mar 2016

pjeudy wrote:Waves and other developer say that they took that extra step In capturing that aspect of the SSL emulation.
They negotiated rights to use the SSL logo and name on their product?

dioxide

18 Mar 2016

ReasonUser wrote:A Friday announcement would go along with my previous prediction of April 1st...
April 1 announcement = Reason 9 is here! We've removed the Line 6 devices and there are no other new features! ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2016

Waves SSL Comp manual wrote:Analogue.

Classic analogue processors necessarily create more noise and
harmonic distortions than modern digital devices. This is, in part, what gives
analogue processors their desired sound. By default, all components of the SSL
4000 Collection operate in a mode which enables emulation of the SSL console.
However, there may be times when you prefer to use this plug-in without these
special attributes. De-selecting Analogue will disable analogue emulation.
Some say it distorts, others say it just adds noise (likely filtered / EQ'd). That being said, if you are pragmatic about an arrangement you'll know where and when a some saturation or noise could be added anyway. Whether a modeled SSL would offer any benefit over some bog standard noise and saturation offerings is another question.

dreampolice

18 Mar 2016

pjeudy wrote:Yea....Reason Mixer looks like sn SSL, has an SSL routing and even it's dynamic section models an SSL 9k parameters..... but Propellerhead didn't model the sonic characteristics of an SSL desk that can plays a part in saying "I mixed my tack on an SSL virtual desk"

That's not true at all, see this.

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason/mixing

Also I own both the Waves stuff and Reason of course. It sounds different for sure but not that far off from each other at all.

pjeudy

18 Mar 2016

joeyluck wrote:

Huh?
So, since Waves supposedly said they "took that extra step" that means they did it?

In that case, Propellerhead says this of Reason's Mixer:

"Faithfully modeled after the famous SSL 9000k"
PROPS say that they faithfully modeled the 9k... did they say they modeled it's circuitry ? When you drive a chanel on the Reason Mixer do Propellerhead claim that it behaves just like the 9k would ? Do they say it will distort, warm the chanel the same way the hardware they modeled would?

The way I understand it most other developers who emulates and SSL , NEVE eq or any other console make it a point to say that you are getting the same drive, distortion and anomaly that you would get on a real console....right down to the noise, hiss and crosstalk.

Of course just because they say doesn't make so. .... but it's a claim that they make and some who have use those hardware version say either they nailed it or they'll say not quit there yet....... maybe the SSL 9k is more transparent then other SSL models.
Last edited by pjeudy on 18 Mar 2016, edited 2 times in total.

dreampolice

18 Mar 2016

Man I think you would have to work pretty hard to make a SSL console distort and I don't think there is much crosstalk at all. Its been a while since I have used one. Now tape distortion is another discussion (still hoping for U-He satin one day) but that has nothing to do with the console.

• Information