Softube amp sims

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rcyaya

08 Feb 2016

I'm using an older version of Reason, and I'm wondering if there are any good demos of the amp sims in Reason 8. Youtube didn't provide anything fruitful. I'm looking for something (that isn't metal!) which demonstrates the various settings while playing chords and rhythms, and maybe a bit of lead, without other fx piled on top. I'm interested in hearing what the sims sound like in practical use for maybe blues, rock n roll, and classic rock type clean to dirty to crunchy sounds, not for shred style noodling. Maybe someone has ran across some good demos that I haven't found.

This guy tries to provide an overview, but it is too much talking for such a simple thing. And then I think maybe he isn't experienced enough with playing guitar to demonstrate it.

And this is pretty much what I am not looking for. Nice playing but not helpful in this regard.

Also, is it possible to install the Reason 8 demo alongside an older version of Reason without affecting the older version install? If it is, I could just find out for myself what it sounds like.

craven

08 Feb 2016

>Also, is it possible to install the Reason 8 demo alongside an older version of Reason without affecting the older version install? If it is, I could just find out for myself what it sounds like.

yeah, it should be possible to install the demo alongside, I also did that with the demo and still have Reason 7 and 8 installed on the same machine. Reason installs in a different folder, so you'll be fine. Just be aware that it will reset your Reason preference settings each time you switch between versions.
:ugeek:

zumBeispiel

08 Feb 2016

Perhaps I made something wrong but there were no Softube Amps rack extensions in the downloadable 8 Demo version for Mac.

So, still wondering as well about those amps, particularly the bass one.

rcyaya

08 Feb 2016

Thanks.

I guess I'll have to find out if the softube amp sims come in the Reason 8 demo, or if it come as an RE.

Stranger.

08 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 06 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

zumBeispiel

08 Feb 2016

rcyaya wrote:Thanks.

I guess I'll have to find out if the softube amp sims come in the Reason 8 demo, or if it come as an RE.

Yes, as an RE you can download and try it here:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/softube-amp/

There are also some audio and video examples.

DiZo

08 Feb 2016

test demo and propellerhead guitar rack extension its free

jfrichards

08 Feb 2016

Here are some very nice examples of what can be done with the Softube Amp:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... mp-refill/
And you can even buy them pre-made by Marco.

• Information