Is there a way to record Reason in rewire in another DAW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

05 Feb 2016

In loop mode without the host looping also? Is there a way to stop Reason from being in sync with the host DAW while looping and just record into the host. I use S1 and everything is in perfect sync from the transport which is good for most of my usages,but would love to try a different workflow.

thanks.

normen

05 Feb 2016

What is the exact problem with being in sync? Do you want some different tempo or what?

Goriila Texas

05 Feb 2016

normen wrote:What is the exact problem with being in sync? Do you want some different tempo or what?
Sup!!

When I'm in Reason and set loop points it sets loop points for the host also,was trying to figure out a way to break this so S1 keeps recording without looping with Reason.

normen

05 Feb 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:Sup!!

When I'm in Reason and set loop points it sets loop points for the host also,was trying to figure out a way to break this so S1 keeps recording without looping with Reason.
Yeah but what is it you actually want to achieve with that?

Stranger.

05 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 06 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Gorilla Texas

05 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:In loop mode without the host looping also? Is there a way to stop Reason from being in sync with the host DAW while looping and just record into the host. I use S1 and everything is in perfect sync from the transport which is good for most of my usages,but would love to try a different workflow.

thanks.
Yes,there are ways to do this.
Using Reaper/rewired,there's a slave loop sync check option for this,and other types of behaviour concerning loop points and selections. :thumbs_up:
Rendering,bouncing,blocks,markers and regions in different configurations & combinations,edit + additional remote overrides give great results imo.
Thanks will look this up when I get home.

Gorilla Texas

05 Feb 2016

normen wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Sup!!

Yeah but what is it you actually want to achieve with that?

I'd like to extend drum loops without having to copy and paste.

Gorilla Texas

05 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:In loop mode without the host looping also? Is there a way to stop Reason from being in sync with the host DAW while looping and just record into the host. I use S1 and everything is in perfect sync from the transport which is good for most of my usages,but would love to try a different workflow.

thanks.
Yes,there are ways to do this.
Using Reaper/rewired,there's a slave loop sync check option for this,and other types of behaviour concerning loop points and selections. :thumbs_up:
Rendering,bouncing,blocks,markers and regions in different configurations & combinations,edit + additional remote overrides give great results imo.
People on FL forum keep telling me about Reaper gonna have to give it another look.

Stranger.

05 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ

Gorilla Texas

05 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Gorilla Texas wrote:People on FL forum keep telling me about Reaper gonna have to give it another look.
Insane modes for me can be = smart tools = smart markers = cycle/+custom actions.. :thumbs_up:
Once you grab both them programmes by the goolies,they really start to sing!
Yeah Reason is really unique in the fact you can sample the output within the program inside a sampler but the fact you can only do it for 30s is stupid in this day and age.

Gorilla Texas

06 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Gorilla Texas wrote:People on FL forum keep telling me about Reaper gonna have to give it another look.
Insane modes for me can be = smart tools = smart markers = cycle/+custom actions.. :thumbs_up:
Once you grab both them programmes by the goolies,they really start to sing!

Doesn't work in Reaper either it's the same as S1.

normen

06 Feb 2016

Gorilla Texas wrote:I'd like to extend drum loops without having to copy and paste.
How about using Blocks then?

Goriila Texas

06 Feb 2016

normen wrote:
Gorilla Texas wrote:I'd like to extend drum loops without having to copy and paste.
How about using Blocks then?
I've never used blocks how will it help extend a loop?

normen

06 Feb 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:I've never used blocks how will it help extend a loop?
You work on the loop in a block and put that block where you want it in the timeline.

Stranger.

06 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ

normen

06 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:Fek me-you got some learning todo!
I don't mind helping point people in a direction,but drip feeding info ain't my thang.
Maybe you just need to find out things for yourself,because the learning will stick better that way.
Obviously,you appear not ready for special commands and actions that can be made. :shock:
Manuals are made for a purpose,but,certain actions or moves are not included in manuals,they are developed by user inputs. :thumbs_up:
He wasn't talking to you.

Stranger.

06 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ

Goriila Texas

06 Feb 2016

normen wrote:
You work on the loop in a block and put that block where you want it in the timeline.
Oh ok I'll look into it,thanks.

Goriila Texas

06 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Fek me-you got some learning todo!
I don't mind helping point people in a direction,but drip feeding info ain't my thang.
Maybe you just need to find out things for yourself,because the learning will stick better that way.
Obviously,you appear not ready for special commands and actions that can be made. :shock:
Manuals are made for a purpose,but,certain actions or moves are not included in manuals,they are developed by user inputs. :thumbs_up:
LOL looks like we got a troll haha you must don't know who your dealing with? Lucky for you Selig police this forum. BTW I was asking for a brief answer then looking thru the manual like I always do. But you just keep being a dick tho you won't be here long.

Stranger.

06 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ

gak

06 Feb 2016

It's perfectly fine not knowing everything about reason.

But calling names at each other ISN'T CONSTRUCTIVE, FUNNY, or anything else positive.

Now, kiss and make up and let's get back on topic.

normen

06 Feb 2016

Stranger. wrote:o i forgot,i saw your extention manual-which don't :re:ally explain much at all,eh.
Lulz... xXx
The manual explains everything, question is how much of it you understand :lightbulb:

CharlyCharlzz

06 Feb 2016

there is a easy way , take a recorder and plug it to the phone output of the computer ....
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information