Pod X3 - extended patch list won't open in Reason 8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EffCee

07 Jan 2016

Hi, folks, having a bit of a problem here.

When I plug in my old Pod X3, the extended list of patches - those available within the Pod itself, I mean - do not become visible. Instead, I only have access to the same old Line 6 patches which are already available minus the Pod X3. I've tried clicking on the patch folder icon within Reason to no avail. Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance! :-)

platzangst

07 Jan 2016

Plugging a Pod into your computer does not automatically transfer the patches in that Pod to your computer. What it does, as far as Reason is concerned, is allow you to access a wider range of cabinet and amp simulations. It does not grant extra patches.

I think it is possible using Line6's Monkey program to copy patches from your PodX3 onto your computer, and then you ought to be able to open those files in Reason, with one exception: no "Dual Tone" patches will work in Reason. If you have registered your Pod with Line6, you may be eligible to get a free version of the Pod Farm software (at least you could back when I got mine, but that's been many, many years), and if you have Pod Farm, there's a ton of patches that comes with that.

Since this is your very first post, it's worth mentioning that Propellerhead plans to drop the Line6 amps from Reason sometime later this year.

EffCee

07 Jan 2016

Thanks very much, platzangst.

If they're dropping Line6 amps, does that mean that they'll be keeping Softube Amp?

platzangst

07 Jan 2016

As far as I know, yes. The Softube amps seem to be sort of a replacement for the outgoing Line6 amps.

Rickyd Dee

07 Jan 2016

I know you probably do things different but I use my Podxt Live plugged straight into balance (Line in) with the desired patch and I'm good. Then I might do a few other efx tweaks. :)
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

EffCee

08 Jan 2016

Thx, Rickyd! :-)

EffCee

05 Feb 2016

*bump*

Thanks in advance for any help.

Social Exodus

05 Feb 2016

I think you'd need to authorize your computer perhaps with the Line 6 License manager:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/gene ... er-faq-r21
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

jengstrom
Reason Studios

08 Feb 2016

As you know, the Line 6 Amps in Reason will not be there forever, but while they are here, this is how the extended models work:

Reason will add the model packs from the X3 (which is all available model packs from Line 6) as long as:

* POD X3 connected to computer, with drivers loaded
* Line 6 License Manager authorized your account to the POD X3 (this turns on a bit in the X3 which makes the Reason Amps see the licensed model packs).

If this does *not* work, Reason should tell you it did not work during start-up (model packs not added despite Line 6 hardware detected.)

You can download your patches from the POD X3 to the computer using GearBox (or possibly POD Farm 2 these days, I'm not sure).

Regular non-"Dual Tone" Line 6 patches can be opened by Line 6 Amps in Reason directly.

The "Dual Tone" patches are equivalent to two Line 6 Amps in the rack, and a small mixer section.
If you want to use them with Reason Line 6 Amps, you must:

* Save Tone A and Tone B as separate patch files
* Load each into a separate amp
* Duplicate the mixing done in the Dual Tone mixer for the Dual Tone patch (open in GearBox or POD Farm 2 and have a look)

This works the same for any Line 6 hardware which supports adding model packs to POD Farm 2 while the hardware is connected to computer.
(The technical term for these model packs is hardware factory add-ons).

For completeness: If you don't have hardware but have POD Farm and/or model packs registered to your Line 6 account, you can activate them with Line 6 LicenseManager by authorizing your account to computer or Line 6 hardware. They should show up in Reason the next time you start.

• Information