Drumming Extras

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
johnnyM

05 Jan 2016

Howdy all. Looking for some suggestions for realistic/sampled rock drums tracks to be used in Reason. Any recommendations for Propellerhead/ outside software /programs to get a drum groove happening? What is everyone currently using? Thanks y'all!!

johnnyM

06 Jan 2016

Wrong spot to post perhaps.......no one using drum programs perhaps.....cheers....

JNeffLind

06 Jan 2016

johnnyM wrote:Wrong spot to post perhaps.......no one using drum programs perhaps.....cheers....
Probably should be on the refill forum I suppose. I really like the Loop Loft for live drum loops. They usually have good pretty regular sales and have lots of variation in terms of what's available. Also have samples of all their stuff to stream so you can get an idea what you're buying. While they only have a limited number of Reason Refills, every sample pack they sell contains REX files which I actually prefer for the sake of my own organization.

johnnyM

06 Jan 2016

Thanks. I'll take a look.

slightlyprog

07 Jan 2016

I'm doing rock stuff so I've been working at getting real drums any way possible. For audio loops in .wav or .rex2 so far The Loop Loft has been quite good. They have had many sales where various libraries and bundles were super cheap. I just recently tried a loop package from Loopmasters but the Loop Loft products are a bit better in that they are logically arranged and give you some variation, the only thing I continually find is not quite enough variety in fills. I tried one Goldsounds Martin Werner refill and found it very lacking, just three different grooves and not near enough variation.

For one song I hired an online MIDI drummer which worked out very well as he did an excellent job and I can then play around with the actual sounds using various drumkits. This would be a bit expensive to do for lots of songs though.

I have lots of drum loop CDs that I was using some years ago before broadband speeds are what they are now. But the difficulties are usually the same, not enough subtle variations of the same groove / kit, not enough fills.

At least with rex.2 format loops it's very easy to audition them and find something that fits.

Stranger.

07 Jan 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 20 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2016

Keith Le Blanc Records have The Original KLB vol 1 - 9 available under pay-what -you -can -afford . This drummer, who you probably know contributes to the Reason Factory Library , covers a variety of styles including Rock. He has multi-track sessions as well as Rex files . Maybe not your cup of tea, but possibly worth auditioning. His work can be heard on Sugar Hill Records , Fats Comet and the mighty Tack>head.

The Loop Loft artists and producer bundles are very good value if you watch for their sales , often at 75%+ discount . The quality is high, technically and creatively, imho. They seem to upgrade the download files whenever the bundles contained are added too. As it's usual for individual drum samples to be included, your own fills and variations can be programmed, and they have an MIDI Files bundle if you like experimenting with sounds . The Beats Like Bonham stereo loop collection might seem an obvious choice for you , at this point with 25% off.

OddGrooves provide MIDI drum loops including a Progressive Bundle . Check out their free packs for a taste of the quality that one can expect , and I understand that they run a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee, so you can't go wrong with them !
Last edited by AJ_3000 on 07 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

normen

07 Jan 2016

The Reason Drum Kits ReFill plus some MIDI drum loops should get you going.

johnnyM

07 Jan 2016

Thanks for the recs folks. I realized I have the Reason drum kits from years ago. and Loop Loft stuff looks great as well. Thanks again. Just have to learn how to use them in Reason 8!!

• Information