Does Thor have Retrigger?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rogerraa

12 Dec 2015

Does thor have a osc waveform re-trigger option? so everytime you hit a key, the osc starts from the beginning of the osc waveform instead of where it left off when you released.

For example, sylenth1 has

Retrigger and Phase
The Retrigger button can be used to force all voices to start at the exact
same location on the waveform every time a new note is played. That
location can be changed using the Phase knob. If Phase is set to 0, the voices
will restart at the beginning of the waveform period. If it is set to 180
degrees, the voices will start halfway the period, while setting it to 360
degrees will make them start at the end of the waveform, which is equivalent
to the beginning.

page 14. https://www.lennardigital.com/files/Sylenth1Manual.pdf

I'm comparing and sylenth1 has this fast attack when re-trig button is enabled. I can't seem to get that same behavior from thor. Any thoughts? I've tried the transient shaper on kong but the peak signal was all over the place depending on any multi detune phasing applied to the Osc's.

chk071

12 Dec 2015

I'd be interested in knowing that too. I couldn't find it really... surprising, as Subtractor doesn't seem to have phase retriggering either.
:reason: :rebirth:

tronam

12 Dec 2015

It doesn't have specific phase and retrigger options that I'm aware of, but the analog oscillator will always be out of phase and if you want in-phase basic oscillators like sine/square/saw, use the Wavetable Osc "Basic Analog" and turn off x-fade. The position knob will then cycle between the various waveform types.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

chk071

12 Dec 2015

Works nicely, thanks. :) Only little concern is that there is no control about the start phase, but at least sounds which use phasing work in general.
:reason: :rebirth:

rogerraa

13 Dec 2015

Awesome! thanks. Sounds much better

• Information