Record vocal dry, monitor wet, simple answer?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BeachNut

09 Dec 2015

Want to record vocal dry, but give vocalist wet headphones mix. (Did I mention, no latency?)
Gear: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Interface, Reason 8 Essentials, RODE NT1-A, Alesis Multimix4 FX.

What is easiest way, explained in newb terms?

JNeffLind

10 Dec 2015

Can't you just put in your reverb as an insert effect during recording so that it can be heard and then remove it after the fact. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I may very well be) but I thought the signal was recorded as it came into the mic and only incorporated processing into the waveform if you bounced to a separate track.

Edit: If this isn't clear enough, you open the mix channel in the rack for the audio track in question. Click the "Show insert fx" button then right click in the black space and put in a RV700000000000.

motuscott

10 Dec 2015

Yes verb as send effect will not be recorded with clean vocal input but can be monitored while recording.
EDIT: send effect vs insert = senior moment. Think it works either way.
Last edited by motuscott on 10 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Vince-Noir-99

10 Dec 2015

Yes to all of the above.
Whatever FX configuration, they will NOT be printed UNLESS you route the effected track (insert/series fashion), or the bus to which you send your vox (send-return/parallel fashion), back into another audio track.
If this is confusing, don't hesitate to ask!

• Information