Novation Remote 49 SL MKII without Automap

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SteveDiverse

09 Dec 2015

All midi controllers will work with Reason *without* automap software.

Also, I can't comment on Reason 7.1 because I have moved on to 8, but the Novation Remote series shows up in the list of controllers where mapping is already setup - you can look in edit >> preferences | control surfaces ; add... pick novation and see if you see remote series.

The automap functionality is "built in" to reason - you don't have to run anything extra. (it is actually in a codec file, but you don't have to know anything about that or do anything to get it to work)
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

raymondh

09 Dec 2015

I have a Remote Zero, which sits in a corner gathering dust. It has a basic Reason template but Novation really pushed Automap and I am not sure how well the native template works anymore. But even Automap is unsufficient because it only controls the native Reason devices, not Rack Extensions.

Apparently you can map the Remote Series to Rack Extensions etc, but I have no idea how to do this.

ljekio

09 Dec 2015

I tried to use "advanced mode" without Automap long time, but then controller work without feedback.
Parameter info from Reason to buttons , encoders, names of controls, etc - all of this might be only with Automap mode.

decibel

09 Dec 2015

i have an old 25 SL i use now and then, it works but its a hassle, you have to manually select all the time as its not auto detected

tronam

09 Dec 2015

Automap or not, those SL MKii have some of the nicest synth keyboards I've used. There aren't many other controllers I'm aware of that still license the FATAR keybed/action because it bumps up the price a bit. NI's Komplete Kontrol feature them too, I believe.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

i have a novation impulse 49 with automap. it works flawlsessy with reason. pads and everything. only issue i have is it only has 8 drum pads. not a major issue but i wish it had 16. i know this aint what your post was about but :D
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

raymondh

10 Dec 2015

mreese80 wrote:i have a novation impulse 49 with automap. it works flawlsessy with reason. pads and everything. only issue i have is it only has 8 drum pads. not a major issue but i wish it had 16. i know this aint what your post was about but :D
Can you use it with Rack Extension synths etc?

I think Automap is pretty standard across devices so if you've found a solution then there's hope! :)

ljekio

10 Dec 2015

I think Automap is pretty standard across devices so if you've found a solution then there's hope!
Novation isn't Nektar and you don't wait for timely updates of remote maps.
Better to learn how to write your own remote maps.
That thread will help:
Novation isn't Nektar and you don't wait for timely updates of remote maps.
Better to learn how to write your own remote maps.
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... +codec+map

• Information