Transport poltergeist

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
HighWatt

02 Dec 2015

So, I've had this problem before, then it would go away, now it's back.

I'm using Reason 6.

The fast forward/rewind buttons in the transport just randomly activate. This happens during playback and when stopped.

When this happens the position indicator on the measure ruler doesn't just move forward or back by a couple of measures....it races forward or back randomly until I press stop and as soon as I release the stop button it starts moving again.

I've had Reason 6 since it was released and this problem just began maybe a year ago. I don't have the opportunity to work on Reason all the time so I haven't yet resolved this because like I said it used to do this and then stopped for many months. Now it's back.

Thanks for any input.

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

It's likely something to do with your midi controller. I had similar funky stuff like that happening and I just went into the control surfaces tab of prefs, deleted my existing controller setup and installed the controllers again. This fixed it for me.

HighWatt

03 Dec 2015

Interesting.

I will look into that. Thank you.

Olivier

03 Dec 2015

If you are on windows, try MIDI-OX and use the midi monitoring function it hat. You'll be able to see if your midi controller is sending data when you don't expect it.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

HighWatt

03 Dec 2015

I just unplugged my midi controller and now everything seems fine.

Thanks for the inspiration to investigate the controller.

• Information