Reason iPad control surface, rsTouch, updated to 2.6.2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Delora Software

02 Dec 2015

This is primarily a maintenance update, though it does have a couple of minor enhancements. Here are the changes:

* Provides error message if mistakenly connected to rsRemote codec
* Includes a work-around for inconsistent sequencer mute and solo display behavior
* Click level fader now responds to tap in channel to immediately set value when the “Fader Jump on Touch” preference is set
* User manual updates
* Minor bug fixes

The second item relates to a Reason limitation in how it reports sequencer track and solo status during and after a track is soloed. We uncovered this while developing rsRemote and applied the same work around to rsTouch.

The first item alerts you if you are using both rsTouch and rsRemote on the same system and inadvertently connect rsTouch to the rsRemote codec ;-).

The update is available for download from the iTunes App Store. There are no codec changes so no action is needed on that front.

If you run into any issues or have any questions contact us at support@delora.com
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

EnochLight

02 Dec 2015

Delora Software wrote:This is primarily a maintenance update, though it does have a couple of minor enhancements. Here are the changes:

* Provides error message if mistakenly connected to rsRemote codec
* Includes a work-around for inconsistent sequencer mute and solo display behavior
* Click level fader now responds to tap in channel to immediately set value when the “Fader Jump on Touch” preference is set
* User manual updates
* Minor bug fixes

The second item relates to a Reason limitation in how it reports sequencer track and solo status during and after a track is soloed. We uncovered this while developing rsRemote and applied the same work around to rsTouch.

The first item alerts you if you are using both rsTouch and rsRemote on the same system and inadvertently connect rsTouch to the rsRemote codec ;-).

The update is available for download from the iTunes App Store. There are no codec changes so no action is needed on that front.

If you run into any issues or have any questions contact us at support@delora.com
Thanks Doug! rsTouch is still the best iOS controller app for Reason, hands down. And thanks again for developing this! Also, rsRemote is an nice compliment. It's pretty much made my Frontier Design Group Tranzport archaic.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Delora Software

03 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote: Thanks Doug! rsTouch is still the best iOS controller app for Reason, hands down. And thanks again for developing this! Also, rsRemote is an nice compliment. It's pretty much made my Frontier Design Group Tranzport archaic.
Yeah, the Tranzport was a much underrated device. It really made recording away from the computer a whole lot less cumbersome and complex. But technology's relentless march put it on marked time. Today you can buy a new iPod touch and rsRemote for about what the Tranzport cost back in its day, and if you already have an iPhone or iPod touch something like rsRemote is very affordable. Plus you can operate it with one hand, it has better battery life, better wireless range, and it fits in your pocket!
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

Marco Raaphorst

03 Dec 2015

rsRemote looks great. I was thinking about buying a Samsung S6 but might by a iPhone 6S instead.

EnochLight

03 Dec 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote:I was thinking about buying a Samsung S6 but might by a iPhone 6S instead.
Google (Android) doesn't give a rat's ass about your privacy (especially seeing as how "you" are their product). For all of Apple's criticisms, at least they take privacy seriously. I'd go with the iPhone 6S for that alone... but then again, rsRemote makes it an even sweeter deal! ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marco Raaphorst

03 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:I was thinking about buying a Samsung S6 but might by a iPhone 6S instead.
Google (Android) doesn't give a rat's ass about your privacy (especially seeing as how "you" are their product). For all of Apple's criticisms, at least they take privacy seriously. I'd go with the iPhone 6S for that alone... but then again, rsRemote makes it an even sweeter deal! ;)
thanks! I am a MacBook Pro user for many years. So a bit of a Apple user already :)

• Information