kong pads hellllp!!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
willowman

01 Dec 2015

Howdy guys, hoping someone can help me out here, so I'm routing the kong pads out to their individual mix channels via the drum outputs but when i drop a new sample onto the drum pad i have to redo the drum output every time ( a small thing i know, but annoying nonetheless), is there anyway around this, is it possible to 'lock' the drum outputs?,

Thanks in advance.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

MassiveSoundStudios

01 Dec 2015

I think I heard somewhere that you might want to drag the sample into the nn-nano, instead of the pad, and it should keep the designated output. I could be wrong though, as I'm not in front of Reason atm.

Jan 2004

willowman

01 Dec 2015

MassiveSoundStudios wrote:I think I heard somewhere that you might want to drag the sample into the nn-nano, instead of the pad, and it should keep the designated output. I could be wrong though, as I'm not in front of Reason atm.

Thanks man, just tried it and it works a treat :D
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

MDTerps2015

01 Dec 2015

Willow, you should also think about setting up a template for both the Kong and the Redrum so you have have to do it everytime you start a new session.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

Yes, spending time making your own starting template is key. When I open reason it opens with all of my mastering tools ready to go but bypass enabled on the master section, 6 general send effects, kong/redrum all ready mapped to the mixer channels. so it's just a case of opening my drum samples in kong nano. I even have 8 empty bars marked in ready to go, with muted sidechain and bus channels too. All I have to do to start is set tempo, load samples and start editing/adding the midi data.

• Information