Turn off Auto-Route device

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
raccoonboy

26 Nov 2015

Hi everyone

Is there a way to turn off Auto-Route device by default in Reason?

I know you can hold shift whilst dragging the device over but it's not really what I'm after.

I have made a bunch of keyboard shortcuts (I have a mac) to different devices. i.e. Alt T for Thor. This is great, but if I don't want it connected to the mixer I need to click the mixing part and press delete and then press 'this device only', which defeats the point of my shortcut.

It'd be quicker for me just to add a device and then have another shortcut to auto-route as necessary. But from what I can see there is no way to turn it off as default :(

Cheers

Raccoonboy

Thousand Ways

26 Nov 2015

Like you, I use Reason on a Mac. I don't know of any shortcut that switches off auto-route. Even if it exists, though, surely this would be only a second or so faster than shift-and-drag?

raccoonboy

26 Nov 2015

Thousand Ways wrote:Like you, I use Reason on a Mac. I don't know of any shortcut that switches off auto-route. Even if it exists, though, surely this would be only a second or so faster than shift-and-drag?
Yeah. The reason I was wanting this though is because I recently discovered custom keyboard shortcuts on the Mac. So for example I press 'Alt T' for Thor. But this automatically routes, so holding shift would obviously not work in this situation making the shortcut kinda pointless. Works a treat for effects and utilities though as they have no routing.

I now have most things in Reason as a shortcut of my own choosing :D :mrgreen:

batekush

13 Jul 2018

I know this is a very old post but you should be able to hold shift and use your keyboard shortcut - it works to do this the way I have similar keys bound.

• Information