ReGroove on Audio clips can it be done?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jmax

10 Nov 2015

I know the short answer is NO. But do you guys have any little tricks that I can use to give my audio beats a bit more movement. I suppose a parallel channel with a bit of delay would do the trick as well. Just wondering if Regroove can touch audio tracks at all. I'm side chaining already to give extra punch.

jonheal

10 Nov 2015

If you slice up an audio track on beats, will ReGroove shuffle the slices? I don't know as I a cannot get to Reason right now.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

ljekio

10 Nov 2015

Nope.
Only if you bounce to REX and load to Octorex should be affected regroove.

Jmax

10 Nov 2015

ljekio wrote:Nope.
Good solution. I noticed though when I try to bounce clip to REX loop.. the option is not highlighted like the others.. could it be the sample.

ljekio

10 Nov 2015

Next feature suggestion for R9: F8 Tools and Groove menus must affected audio slices and clips too :)

selig
RE Developer

10 Nov 2015

Jmax wrote:
Good solution. I noticed though when I try to bounce clip to REX loop.. the option is not highlighted like the others.. could it be the sample.
To bounce to REX you have to first be in Slice Edit mode, and if that's not possible you need to first bounce the audio clip.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Jmax

10 Nov 2015

selig wrote:
Jmax wrote:
To bounce to REX you have to first be in Slice Edit mode, and if that's not possible you need to first bounce the audio clip.
:)
Thanks Selig, hopefully it can be done in slice edit mode to save time. Sounds like a solution none the less though :)

normen

10 Nov 2015

Grooves on audio is a feature I'd definitely like to see in Reason as well. If only because working with Grooves is otherwise so nifty in Reason. The OctoRex workaround is okay but if I want to work with grooves on audio I mostly move the tracks (and the groove) to Logic. That said, audio is relatively young in Reason, I bet we'll see it at some point.

Aquila

10 Nov 2015

Only problem with that is you lose the ability to timestretch between slices.

gak

11 Nov 2015

Aquila wrote:
Only problem with that is you lose the ability to timestretch between slices.
True. You are better off with DIY than the octo rex way for that very reason.

High on my list of things I'd like to see.

ljekio

11 Nov 2015

Sometimes timestretch hinders to good result. As example low basses can be distorted.

raccoonboy

11 Nov 2015

What I really want is ReGroove on rack devices. I mean the Matrix Sequencer and Redrum already have a shuffle button that goes with the global shuffle amount but I'd love them to work with separate ReGroove channels this would be great as I wouldn't need to bounce everything to MIDI. It just means I can keep things in the CV world as long as possible which is how I prefer to work.

• Information