Mac Reason.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
polardozer

06 Nov 2015

Hello All, This is Polardozer, and I was wondering about the system requirements.

I am currently running a Windows PC, and I keep getting this problem where I try to watch a Youtube video with reason open, the video does not load. Is this my PC, or not. It says in the system requirements for Windows that you should have an Audio Interface with ASIO driver, and I don't... Is this what's causing the problem? I am running a barebones (Just Reason Essentials, Ableton Live Lite, Protools First, Itunes, a bunch of refills, and a few other small things) i3 PC with 8 gigs of RAM. The other issues are Driver crashes and Reason Essentials stopping working after I close my PC with it running and then reopen it.

I am thinking for upgrading to a Mac Pro(http://www.apple.com/shop/product/FGX72 ... na-display). Will I have the same problems?

Gaja

07 Nov 2015

It might be you have to install ASIO4ALL in order for that to work (which it should afaik). On a brand new MacBook Pro you shouldn't run into difficulties like that.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

mcatalao
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2015

In a pc, you either use a multi client audio driver or deselect the run audio in background option.

philosurfer

07 Nov 2015

go mac.. you will never go back.. i made the switch 2 years ago after 19 years on a dos/windows and linux machines... I will never go back. Audio just works... no need to mess with drivers, unloading .DLLs from memory.. rebooting everyday... Not without mention is time machine... THE brainless backup.

SteveDiverse

07 Nov 2015

You don't need an audio interface or ASIO - that part of the minimum requirements is misleading.

ASIO is required for recording audio into Reason, but not for playback.

An audio interface is required if you are recording from external sources, like a microphone, guitar, etc, but not if you are recording from other software on your computer.

So I don't think the issue is caused by not having ASIO or an audio interface.

Do you get an error message when the video won't load? or does the browser just freeze? do you get the youtube video page but the video area is blank?

Also, try different combinations of programs, and starting them in different orders, to see which combinations/sequences work, and which don't.

I.E., start reason first, then try to play a youtube video - then close everything - then play a youtube video and try to startup reason when it is running.
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

• Information