Oh sh#t never noticed this!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

04 Nov 2015

Reason.png
Reason.png (348.76 KiB) Viewed 625 times

I've seen users ask many times how to link the patterns in redrum but me and others have told them to use automations,well I've just found a more powerful way and it's huge imo! Just create a pattern lane for redrum and use the pencil to draw how many bars you want for that pattern A1 etc... You can then switch between patterns flawlessly. When you create a pattern lane choices between patterns and loops show up in the sequencer nice!
New Bitmap Image.png
New Bitmap Image.png (531.28 KiB) Viewed 613 times

MannequinRaces

05 Nov 2015

It technically still is automation editing! :) Search automation editing in Reason's help.

Goriila Texas

05 Nov 2015

MannequinRaces wrote:It technically still is automation editing! :) Search automation editing in Reason's help.
True,I thought about changing that but was too tired last night lol. But I was doing it with vector automation at first,very tedious task back in the day in Reason.

normen

05 Nov 2015

This has been in Reason since day 1 :) I have whole songs consisting of nothing but pattern lanes.

selig
RE Developer

05 Nov 2015

In addition to this, you can offset these patterns so they can start on whatever bar/beat you want which I've used to keep longer patterns in sync with the song when there's a 2/4 bar somewhere in the arrangement (as one example). Very flexible!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

The Tone Ranger

07 Nov 2015

You can also shorten the block from the left to get the step sequencer to start in different places.

philosurfer

07 Nov 2015

I wish they (Propellerheads) would open up this ability to to other RE's... it makes it very tedious to have to control the patterns by drawing them with a pencil...

• Information