Basic audio track question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

04 Nov 2015

I want to make a .REX loop - usually I just double click the audio track and get in there and dice and slice until I have what I want but sometimes after I have been fooling around it opens in the mode you see in the attached picture, which doesn't let me play around with transients. I thought I had a quick fix for this but atm I'm lost and would really appreciate a quick reply on how to get back to transient slicing mode. Thanks!!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (89.99 KiB) Viewed 624 times

Jagwah

04 Nov 2015

It does this after I have joined clips to make one clip, how do I make it stahp!?

MannequinRaces

05 Nov 2015

Hit close, should be located above bounce, and then double click the audio clip again.

JNeffLind

05 Nov 2015

If you hit close and then double click again I think it'll just bring you back to comp edit mode. Pretty sure you have to hit bounce. It opens in comp edit mode automatically if there are multiple clips overlapping, meaning the remainders of the two clips you joined since Reason has non destructive audio editing. By hitting bounce you create a new third clip out of pieces of the two joined ones and can then edit the transients. If you bounce and then close, and then double click, you'll be back to the mode where you can edit transients. If you open that new third clip in comp edit mode, you'll see the two original clips below it grayed out. Not super intuitive.
Last edited by JNeffLind on 05 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

05 Nov 2015

Thanks guys, yeah it seems I need to 'bounce' or it just goes back to the edit mode. Good to know for sure how to do it now, cheers!

motuscott

08 Nov 2015

Doesn't shift/tab toggle between the two edit modes?

Seems to work one time through and then you've got to reopen the clip.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

selig
RE Developer

08 Nov 2015

motuscott wrote:Doesn't shift/tab toggle between the two edit modes?

Seems to work one time through and then you've got to reopen the clip.
There are three edits modes when you include slice editing. But for whatever reasons you can't have multiple takes AND perform slice edits (I THINK I'm describing that function correctly). So you must first bounce, something that is IMO totally non-intuitive (as evidenced by this thread), and something that was mentioned many times during testing IIRC.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information