Reason lock my sound card!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc Swing

26 Oct 2015

Hey!

I recently bought myself a new sound card (Zoom UAC 2) and I love it!

BUT! I have encountered a problem that makes me crazy and it's that new sound card "lock Reason" so that I can not play any other sound from the computer / chrome / winamp etc ...

My old sound card that i had worked perfect and it could play from different applications without any problem. (Scarlett Focusrite 2i2)

And the strangest thing is that with all the other program/applications I can play from several different applications, for example if I use Wavelab it works (it doesn't lock my sound card).

So the strange thing is that it's only Reason that locks my sound card to one application at a time.

I have double checked all my settings so that they are right (ASIO) and it's the same settings in Wavelab as it is in Reason.

I run Reason 8 on Windows 7 - 64bit.

Please can anyone out there help me!!! I'm about to go crazy over this! :(

SteveDiverse

26 Oct 2015

reason: edit >> preferences | audio ; make sure 'play in background' (bottom of screen) is checked
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

Marc Swing

26 Oct 2015

SteveDiverse wrote:reason: edit >> preferences | audio ; make sure 'play in background' (bottom of screen) is checked
Thanks but i've already tried that with no success :roll:

gak

26 Oct 2015

windoze?

Jmax

26 Oct 2015

Make sure all your sample rates are the same and set properly. If it's not that then it could be an issue with that new card just being a hog.

ScuzzyEye

26 Oct 2015

Marc Swing wrote:I have double checked all my settings so that they are right (ASIO) and it's the same settings in Wavelab as it is in Reason.
Some interface drivers don't support multiple applications in ASIO mode. You might try running with the DX drivers instead.

Marc Swing

27 Oct 2015

Make sure all your sample rates are the same and set properly.
Tried it without any results :cry:
Some interface drivers don't support multiple applications in ASIO mode. You might try running with the DX drivers instead.
Yeah I read about this, but the strange thing is that it works in Wavelab, I have the same audio settings "ASIO" in Wavelab and it works perfectly...
And given that it's a relatively new sound card (3.0 USB sound card), you would expect it to work right? :roll:

I tried to change the settings to DX and MME and sure, it worked! But then I got a latency from hell gaaaah! :cry:

Eagleizer

27 Oct 2015

Have you tried:

Right-click sound icon in widows task bar.
Choose Playback devices
Choose your sound card
Properties
Advanced tab
Tick or un-tick the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

If that does not work, maybe try some combinations with the same options
for the built in driver.

Just a thought..

Hope you find a solution.

Cheers :)

ScuzzyEye

27 Oct 2015

Marc Swing wrote:Yeah I read about this, but the strange thing is that it works in Wavelab, I have the same audio settings "ASIO" in Wavelab and it works perfectly...
And given that it's a relatively new sound card (3.0 USB sound card), you would expect it to work right? :roll:

I tried to change the settings to DX and MME and sure, it worked! But then I got a latency from hell gaaaah! :cry:
I usually expect new devices to have buggy or feature incomplete drivers. So it may be something that gets fixed later.

You might also check to see how many channels (Preferences, Audio, Channels...) Reason is using for input/output. Some ASIO drivers switch between mutli-application and multi-channel, and won't do both at the same time. See if Wavelab is opening more than two channels, and try restricting Reason to just 2 and restart.

• Information