What about Block Tracks for Reason 9

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alkua

20 Oct 2015

I watched the last propellerhead's tutorial about Electro Pop. I saw he used Block. I haven't use it in any of my projects because I don't feel I need it, even thought it is a very good feature (maybe I start to use it). My point is that you only can use one block at the time to make easy re-arrengement. But What about if you can have multiple block tracks.

You can use them like we use bus tracks.

1. Synth block (all melody synths tracks)
2. drums block (all drum tracks)
3. Percussion Block (all percussion tracks)

That means, you will have 3 blocks tracks. if you want to mute the drum in the sequencer just mute the drum block track.
Also, from song mode you can select some track right click and select make block (the same you do in the mixer with bus).

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2015

Nice idea but that could make the overwriting in the Main Seq feature close to impossible - perhaps

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

21 Oct 2015

I'd like to be able to stack blocks too, if it were possible.

One other great use for blocks though, even if you don't use them, is to mark out an arrangement. You don't need to put your clips inside the blocks, it's simply a way to visualise how the arrangement hangs together.

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2015

Blocks aren't really for me (and I forget them) so I don't use that much but they are really well implemented for what they do do. That overwrite in the Seq feature is superb. I use them as markers that sometimes, esp when working with someone else's song.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

pushedbutton

22 Oct 2015

I like blocks, better blocks would be better.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

dana

23 Oct 2015

That ableton live copy.. bitwig, has that (or something like it) in the new version.

alex

23 Oct 2015

Benedict wrote:Nice idea but that could make the overwriting in the Main Seq feature close to impossible - perhaps

I like the idea too and unless I'm missing something I guess it could be done (on a future release, obviously) by introducing the possibility of hooking or grouping two or more sequencer tracks together, in this way each group could have its own blocks set (from 1 to 32).

So when you're drawing a block you're basically drawing it on a group (subset) of tracks...

Not sure if what I said makes any sense ... :)

EDIT: and the default behaviour could provides a single group which "comprises" all track by default, unless additional groups are created... sort of...

Ciao!
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

clone

01 Nov 2015

Any word on a release date for Reason 9

• Information