Bouncing to REX file problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

13 Oct 2015

I tend to use Euclid a lot in many different ways to make percussion, then I bounce to audio, then bounce to .REX file - so I can add groove in the sequencer.

I keep getting a problem when bouncing long clips (16 bars) with lots of slices. When I 'Copy loop to track' from Dr Octo Rex, the clip lengths are weird, like 6.2 bars for example. Is there some limitation I am missing here, or am I missing some setting? What I want to do is bounce my 16 bar audio clip to a 16 bar .REX file, but when I copy to track the clip lengths bounce as displayed in the image. Any ideas?
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (83.63 KiB) Viewed 2104 times

feffe.lundberg

13 Oct 2015

I've read about a limited number of slices in the rex-file-format. I have been googling like crazy but I can't find a source of the information. But I have found pages indicating both 92 and 96 is the maximum number of slices per rex file. You probably hit that limit and that's why you get into problems.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

selig
RE Developer

13 Oct 2015

99 slices is the max allows for REX files, something oddly missing from the ReCycle manual…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

feffe.lundberg

13 Oct 2015

selig wrote:99 slices is the max allows for REX files, something oddly missing from the ReCycle manual…
:)
Thanks, I just couldn't find that information online.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jagwah

14 Oct 2015

OK so I am limited to 99 slices, I can work around that now that I know it, thank you both very much for the input.

Marco Raaphorst

14 Oct 2015

I feel that ReCycle files work best when they are no longer than one bar. If you have two bars and the first slice start a little before the beat it might cause a clip when you switch to another loop because both slices crossfade just a little bit. Polyphony is on 2, which works nice.

ReCycle loops need to be very clean in my opinion. The first beat needs to be timing perfectly.

A bit off topic. Might help.

faun2500

22 Sep 2018

Glad I found this thread. I thought there was a 128 limit but Dr.OctoRex is limiting it to 92 slices!! That seriously cocks-up my 8 bar loops! :(
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

• Information