Any News on 8.4?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

27 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:Your Reason 8.4 upgrade is allihoopa.com.
That's not Reason and that's no longer Propellerhead. Reason is still on 8.3
It was a joke. In the meantime the other DAWs I have made advances except for Acid Pro 7. Reaper is adding notation, Sonar works on theirs monthly, Live 9.5 added features, and of course the self heralding of S1 v3.2.

At least with Reason you don't have a lot of bug issues but they do need to work on simple workflow like change instruments on a track, drag and drop midi without creating a new track.

SA Studio

27 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:
SA Studio wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Just want to throw out some speculation here...

After the launch of Allihoopa, Reason is due an update to change things to 'Drop to Allihoopa' (as they did with the mobile apps).
However, that hasn't happened yet. Which to me sort of confirms that there must be more in the mix for a Reason update. And that those features must be close enough to release in order to hold off on the simple Allihoopa Reason update. Must mean something is right around the corner :D Am I right?
Admittedly, changing the text pop-up to "Drop to Allihoopa" could be accomplished in a simple 8.3.X update. That's literally the only thing that needs to be changed.
Exactly my point. And since it hasn't happened, I'm guessing they are holding off until they are done doing whatever it is they are secretly doing with other things inside Reason.
I'd argue the fact we haven't seen a point update that adds the "Move all faders at once" feature, along with the lack of a point update that changes the Allihoopa text, is more indicative to me of them simply being slow to add anything at all. Not at all trying to be negative, I'm simply sighting the speed at which anything is being changed, which is moving slowly.

However, I would bet there's something right around the corner, simply because in the whole professional world of Marketing and Branding, when you launch something new, you want that new name or word EVERYWHERE right from the get go. I'm very surprised we didn't see a point update that changed the "Drop to Allihoopa" text the day Allihoopa was announced.

To me, I think we'll see a point update to change that text soon. If I wanted people to take Allihoopa seriously, I wouldn't perpetuate the "Beta-y" vibe of Discover where things are not fleshed out yet. It's like a message to the users "this really isn't ready yet". It's kind of like launching a 10 track CD and having 6 songs available for download on the release day. If you want something to really succeed, make it complete from the start. Indeed, a very simple point update could have been ready for Reason at the announcement of Allihoopa.

So, I really bet one is right around the corner.
Did you just disagree and then come to same conclusion? Lol

Again based on the fact they updated the mobile apps immediately but not Reason tells me they have something else close enough to not bother us with a point update just for Allihoopa.
Not at all. I came to my own conclusion from an entirely different angle.

Again, my main point was when you launch something, do it completely. Dont release a 10 track CD and have 6 songs available for download on release day, was my analogy. That's an entire different aspect than you were mentioning. You're implying they must have much more going on with this release that's making them slow to release it. That just says they're behind on many things all at once, really. Having a point update ready for Allihoopa would have most certainly been a better launch for the service. Any way its looked at, really.

"...close enough to not bother us with a point update just for Allihoopa" = How would they "bother us" with a point update? It's simply fleshing out their own release. Seems to me, it's best to have all t's crossed and i's dotted or it comes off like Discover did, incomplete and still in Beta.

Therefore, I would certainly hope they have an update soon to make the whole thing official and not kind of half-assed.

joeyluck

27 Feb 2016

SA Studio wrote:

"...close enough to not bother us with a point update just for Allihoopa" = How would they "bother us" with a point update? It's simply fleshing out their own release. Seems to me, it's best to have all t's crossed and i's dotted or it comes off like Discover did, incomplete and still in Beta.

Therefore, I would certainly hope they have an update soon to make the whole thing official and not kind of half-assed.
Well if you look at the reviews for the latest update of Figure, you'll see some people unjustifiably bothered by the new Allihoopa banner.
But also noting that they are disappointed the update didn't include anything else. Expectations are high for free apps I suppose. I'm a bit confused by that. I am hard pressed to find a free app that is also clear of distracting ads and in-app purchases...and they are bothered by a banner for a free service relevant to their free app. I've been using it on an iPad at work and I don't see the big deal. It's a great way to inform users of the change.

Of course, this is different. This wouldn't be changing the interface... But I could see some folks here having a field day over an update to Reason that included only that. I guess some users will try to have a field day with anything though...

But then again, maybe Propellerhead is seeing this and thinking, "Oh crap, we forgot" lol. And they will do just that and update Reason with only that. Or maybe they are behind with a fancier update that just wasn't ready in time? I dunno, I'm just speculating. When I read your comment, I read that you agreed that an update is imminent to update Reason for Allihoopa. Which you can agree seems simple... and the only things I can think that would be holding that back is an update with more features that is sooo close... or they just forgot lol

jfrichards

27 Feb 2016

I heard it's just going to be a shiny new wah pedal and a set of Marshall-sounding Softube Amp/IR combinators that put Line6 to shame. Hee Hee. Nobody loves guitarists anymore, but maybe that's because we love ourselves too much already. :cool:

gak

28 Feb 2016

jfrichards wrote:I heard it's just going to be a shiny new wah pedal and a set of Marshall-sounding Softube Amp/IR combinators that put Line6 to shame. Hee Hee. Nobody loves guitarists anymore, but maybe that's because we love ourselves too much already. :cool:
I hear yeah! Bring on All the amp sims/cabs/etc!

willowman

28 Feb 2016

just wrote 'drop to allihoopa' on a post-it-note and stuck on the bottom right of my monitor...voila!!..instant 8.4 update...sorted, job done, happy days, etc.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

• Information