Any News on 8.4?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gak

21 Sep 2015

Last edited by gak on 26 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

tiker01

22 Sep 2015

Creativemind wrote:
Koshdukai wrote:
Creativemind wrote:Anyone heard anything about 8.4, there is an 8.4 version due for release soon isn't there I heard?
Dunno about 8.4 but have you watched very carefully PH's latest video?
No. What video and what are you referring to?
Pop chords Re

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

craven

22 Sep 2015

this part of the video shows a new version number: 8.3.1 etc - but it would be much more interesting with the 8.4 number, I think ;)
Attachments
8.3.1.JPG
8.3.1.JPG (37.23 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
:ugeek:

Creativemind

26 Sep 2015

Seen the video now and that's neither here nor there imo. I agree with tiker01 above.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

michal22

27 Sep 2015

Propellerheads introduces tags to Discover.
Maybe just tags it will be what we'll see in Reason 8.4.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Creativemind

27 Sep 2015

michal22 wrote:Propellerheads introduces tags to Discover.
What are tags, hash tags?

craven

27 Sep 2015

Creativemind wrote:
michal22 wrote:Propellerheads introduces tags to Discover.
What are tags, hash tags?
yeah, hashtags... what we all waited for :mrgreen:
:ugeek:

The Tone Ranger

27 Sep 2015

Will Reason be the first DAW to have hashtags? #groundbreaking #innovative #pineapple

michal22

27 Sep 2015

:puf_smile: I'm thinking about this (Reason browser):

Improved search algorithm and using tags. For example: You enter in the search box the word "comp" and you get the answer from all RE's with the compresion option. You enter "limit" and you get all devices with the limiter option. You do not need to press the "ENTER" button to Reason began to search. Of course, the device and developer names are also considered in the search. Added tags with description of the functions performed.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

stephensmattlee

03 Dec 2015

Does anyone still think Reason 8.4 is in the works or do you think that the props are now focusing all their attention on Reason 9.0?

Creativemind

03 Dec 2015

stephensmattlee wrote:Does anyone still think Reason 8.4 is in the works or do you think that the props are now focusing all their attention on Reason 9.0?
It is making me wonder stephens. I thought we would have had 8.4 by now. I've come to the conclusion it may be out before xmas but who knows eh! I hope they haven't scrapped it. I was even hoping for an 8.5 before 9 haha! that might be wishful thinking.

I was hoping 8.4 with a few little features:- multiple click sounds, naming a track names the clip, shortcut key command for making a mix channel in the rack and maybe (see my post on this) the ability to go into the menu and make multiple mix channels at once (up to 10), add a gain knob to the mix channel in the rack and an undo events list, even possibly, when faders are linked on the SSL, all said linked faders move in relation to each other, before you bus/group them.

Then 8.5 - concentrate on completely finishing or vastly improving the midi editing. I have 12 or so features for this.

Then 9 culd be biggies with a few smallies like:- Sample Loading (in an extra part of Malstrom or new device for use with the Malstrom), Supercombinator, Melodyne / Flex Edit type thing for Audio with Tempo Detect and Fit to Tempo, Ghost Copies in the Sequencer, Secondary Tool Option, Changing Sequencer Background Colour and Ink (and let's have a full colour pallet), Notepad and Note Boxes for each Sequencer Track, Rack Device and Mixer Channel on the SSL and Punch-In/Out. Also, seeing as sample loading has been incorporated with this update, launch of SDK3 Rack Extension Format with Sample Loading, Notes To Track and there is 1 or 2 other things Re's need, I forget now. Add them too. Oh and Audio to Midi would be amazing. However, in retrospect, what I've mentioned here for 9 seems a lot for one update. We may be waiting for Reason 10 for a lot of these.

stephensmattlee

03 Dec 2015

Haha some very cool feature suggestions there for v9, would love to see most of them implemented in some way in the near future. It has been a while since 8.3 now with the exception of the 8.3.2 update not too long ago. I'm hoping that 8.4 is still in the works but then with finally discounting the reason upgrade itself this Black Friday makes me feel that we're getting closer to v9

shropshirelad

03 Dec 2015

I thought that 8.4 might drop sometime between the BF sales and the Xmas sales (assuming they do xmas sales this year). I hope Malstrom II and rack zoom are on the way - since I bought my new iMac 27 I have to sit 6 inches away from the screen!

madmacman

03 Dec 2015

shropshirelad wrote:rack zoom are on the way - since I bought my new iMac 27 I have to sit 6 inches away from the screen!
In the meantime you could give "universal access / accessibility" (OS X preferences) a try. I enabled the zoom feature and zoom in with "scroll movement" (using a trackpad here - should work the same way with the mouse) while pressing ctrl-key.

The zoomed racks don't look fancy, but it does the job well and could ease access to tiny knobs. :)

Creativemind

03 Dec 2015

Will be very interesting to see what comes in 8.4 and 9 though. Get the feeling though, a lot of people will still be sorely disappointed. Think Reason 9 when it eventually arrives though, given how disappointed a lot of people were with 8, even though we had free updates, needs to be AMAZING! The props are gonna seriously need to pull something right out the bag here.

Marc64

03 Dec 2015

For the love of ... VIDEO SUPPORT! YES PLEASE!!! :)

joeyluck

03 Dec 2015

Creativemind wrote:Will be very interesting to see what comes in 8.4 and 9 though. Get the feeling though, a lot of people will still be sorely disappointed. Think Reason 9 when it eventually arrives though, given how disappointed a lot of people were with 8, even though we had free updates, needs to be AMAZING! The props are gonna seriously need to pull something right out the bag here.
I think just as many users were supposedly disappointed in Reason 7. I remember just as many users proclaiming they would wait until Reason 8 to upgrade. Just the same as now, they were few in number compared to the whole. Similar to the number of folks who are disappointed with a new version of any software.

Those few upgraded to 7 eventually, because it seems not many users are still on 6.5...

Ostermilk

03 Dec 2015

Creativemind wrote:Hi!

Short and Sweet!

Anyone heard anything about 8.4, there is an 8.4 version due for release soon isn't there I heard?

Thanks!
I ain't heard nothin'. Why didn't I get the memo that you did and where is it?

What does it have that 8.3 doesn't have?

Should I wait for 8.4 or can I just continue with what I'm using for now?

Too many questions, I'll think I'll just carry on until I see something get pooped out of Propellerheads door and appraise what comes in the box then.

Ostermilk

03 Dec 2015

Creativemind wrote:The props are gonna seriously need to pull something right out the bag here.
I'm sorry but English is my native language.

What does this even mean?

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2015

Ostermilk wrote:
Creativemind wrote:The props are gonna seriously need to pull something right out the bag here.
I'm sorry but English is my native language.

What does this even mean?
Pull something right out of the bag means to surprise us by producing compelling works far exceeding expectations or necessity.

Wook

03 Dec 2015

I have a feeling that selected members of this forum know something that the rest of us plebes don't. I wonder what new features are they testing. :D

jonheal

03 Dec 2015

I don't think nobody knows nuffin. But then, what do I know?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

tiker01

03 Dec 2015

Maybe they have used development time to make 8.3.1 and 8.3.2 and 8.4 is not gonna happen. I hope they will come with something before Reason 9 especially since Leo announced it which is kind of once in a lifetime thing PH saying anything about future versions of Reason even their version number. Maybe Leo was playing with us though. Anyway, who knows what PH is working on behind the scenes? Nobody but them I assume.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

gak

03 Dec 2015

I'ma say it.

Usually I'm fine with what I have. I love reason.

But I want something new, and I want it NOW!

Ostermilk

04 Dec 2015

gak wrote:I'ma say it.

Usually I'm fine with what I have. I love reason.

But I want something new, and I want it NOW!

That's basically what I got from the thread, not even an indication of what the specific lack is that makes an 8.4 a requirement other than its .1 more than 8.3

• Information