Zoom bar

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

I'm using Reason v7 and started a new workflow of staying in Reason to do my drums in kong for the whole song then record the audio in S1 when complete. Really liking the scroll/zoom bar at the bottom where you can jump around sections of audio/midi tracks rather quickly while keeping an eye on the L/R markers. No other DAW I know has this,FL has a little bar you can grab too to quickly find locations on tracks. This little bar makes it fast to find and chop sections. Thinking about upgrading when 8.4 comes out but something I need to know before I do. Looking at videos of reason v8 I've noticed that they've changed this little bar and I was wondering does it still function the same? I know it can still zoom and show clips from the sequencer but can you still scroll through clips by grabbing the bar?
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 18 Sep 2015, edited 3 times in total.

Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

Also does Reason v8 have sequencer markers yet?

Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

Dang,I thought this would be an easy question.

Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

I'll just download the demo to see it's flaws.

Wook

18 Sep 2015

Hey there.

Yes, it works the same. Don't know if you know this, but you can also zoom with that little bar. Just point at it, hold right mouse button and slide up/down. For me, it would be ideal if we could zoom in with the mousewheel but it is what it is.

Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

Wook wrote:Hey there.

Yes, it works the same. Don't know if you know this, but you can also zoom with that little bar. Just point at it, hold right mouse button and slide up/down. For me, it would be ideal if we could zoom in with the mousewheel but it is what it is.
Yea I see you can zoom but can you scroll thru sections of audio/midi clips like v7. Let's say I've got 3.5 minutes of a song and want to scroll to a certain section of the song,in v7 I can grab the bar and scroll to that section in the sequencer. In v8 I see nothing to grab to scroll just the handles to zoom.

And what about markers are they in v8?

And thanks.

Wook

18 Sep 2015

Yes, as I said, it's the same. Just grab it and move where you want. Nothing changed in that sense. And unfortunately, no markers.

No problem, hope it helps. :)

Goriila Texas

18 Sep 2015

Wook wrote:Yes, as I said, it's the same. Just grab it and move where you want. Nothing changed in that sense. And unfortunately, no markers.

No problem, hope it helps. :)
Oh ok thanks,downloading the demo.

• Information