how to find out what audio files used in a song

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Palmeira

16 Sep 2015

Hi,

apologies if this is obvious but is there a way to check what audio files you've included in a song? I don't mean the self contained settings for samples, rather I mean any audio files that have been imported to tracks?? A right click and info option woulda been nice but that would obviously have been too easy. I'm using version 7.

Cheers

Aiden

Dan Topic

16 Sep 2015

I miss that option too. I solved it that I copy the file name, create a label for the sample (right click on it / Add label to clip) and paste the name in. At least I can then search for this specific file name. If you have tons of samples you can add folder or disk name to it also for faster browser search.

Wook

16 Sep 2015

This would be an excellent feature. It happened so many times that I wanted to see where on my HD that wav is.

Palmeira

16 Sep 2015

Cheers guys, I think that's a no unfortunately!

ScuzzyEye

16 Sep 2015

Wook wrote:This would be an excellent feature. It happened so many times that I wanted to see where on my HD that wav is.
Once an audio file is imported it's part of the .reason file. That's why there's not much information about where the file came from, it's not important to Reason. If you open the track for editing, you can see the original file name, but not the full path.

Wook

16 Sep 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:
Wook wrote:This would be an excellent feature. It happened so many times that I wanted to see where on my HD that wav is.
Once an audio file is imported it's part of the .reason file. That's why there's not much information about where the file came from, it's not important to Reason. If you open the track for editing, you can see the original file name, but not the full path.
Yes, I know. Sometimes I open an old project and there is super cool percussion loop and there's no chance to find it again. Right click, show location and ta da. It would be very handy.

• Information